Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can report someone for breaking covid restrictions?

Or do we not allow that in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can report someone for breaking covid restrictions?

No you're not back in the ussr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Nobody cares now do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Why would you want to be so miserable?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

If this is not bait try and find out if Ireland has a police service and get in touch with them. The police enforce laws in counties and may be your best bet. Someone else might be able to tell you if the police operate in your area.

0/10 bait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

hmmm wrote: »

Even now we have done feck all to help restaurants open up outdoors. Lots of talk but nothing practical. Instead everyone in the industry is asking when they can open up indoors dining, and that could be a year away.

If they don’t open fully for the summer season we will no longer have a hospitality industry in Ireland

Gael23 wrote: »
    Why would you want to be so miserable?

This attitude is reason why it's spreading.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Why would you want to do that ? Honestly just look after yourself and stay as safe as you need to . I broke them last week and had a friend in my garden . We were way safer at 3 metres distance than in a packed Dublin park . I wouldn’t like you are anyone else judging my decision made as a clear thinking adult

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭prunudo

What did they do, that you think warrants a call to the authorities?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Why would you want to do that ? Honestly just look after yourself and stay as safe as you need to . I broke them last week and had a friend in my garden . We were way safer at 3 metres distance than in a packed Dublin park . I wouldn’t like you are anyone else judging my decision made as a clear thinking adult

And I agree with you with what you did. Outdoors is safer.

But what about a housemate who brings over his friends. While it's not a party, he's bringing them indoors. It's like a big fück you to the people he's living with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

But what about a housemate who brings over his friends. While it's not a party, he's bringing them indoors. It's like a big fück you to the people he's living with.

Mind your own business

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Mind your own business

Mind my own business. Can I mind my own health, is that ok with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Mind your own business

To be fair if they are bringing people into their house it is their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,557 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SnuggyBear wrote:
    Mind your own business

Somebody coming into the place you live is your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Talk to the housemate? Not much you can do really. Are you going to ring the guards on your housemate and then continue to live with them? I'm sure that would be a lovely atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1379060977518395399?s=19

I know not everyone is Leo's fan but I thought this was very good (and positive)

Key take aways:
    He very clearly states vaccines result in vaccination, that evidence from Israel indicates we may not need to be as concerned about variants as we have been given vaccines appear to offer protection there too and he is much firmer on dates for bringing back non essential retail (may) and hotels (june)

I feel like this is the speech LV would have given last week if hed been in charge , instead of that simpering ****wit MM who talks to us like we are children or maybe not very bright simpletons that cant be trusted with even the tiniest bit of information or to behave in any way like responsible people.

Clearly FG are in damage control mode too now but my God I wish it was last year and they were in charge

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Is this the same housemate who was doing all this and more last March? You need to move.

And if you tolerate someone meeting a friend in the garden (which I have no issue with) or you yourself go beyond 5km to walk on the beach (again fine with me) where do you draw the line? This is a line you are deciding on, as the other activities also break restrictions. Have you a scale for offences from No Issue to Call the Cops?

• Site Banned Posts: 16 RoseStick

Many of the over 70s haven't been touched in my village and local community. I had to make an appointment at the GP the week before last and they were only just touching on the late 70 group like 75 to 79 but not even all of them. My mother in law is 76 and we are hoping she will be in the next round of vaccines.

It's not surprising to me. Healthcare workers and residential homes were so important to work on first. It's a new vaccine and there's going to be a wait for vaccine.
    Many people think the Taoiseach can click his fingers and all over 70s are vaccinated like magic. People just need to be patient.

I'm hearing of people now phoning the GPS surgery on a weekly basis to see where they are on the vaccine list. I would consider that to be harassment instead of allowing the surgery to get on with the work they have to do. They have to do work outside of covid too. Anybody who is harassing a GP surgery for vaccine should be moved to the back of the queue and waiting line.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Is this the same housemate who was doing all this and more last March? You need to move.

Deja vu.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

RoseStick wrote: »
    Many of the over 70s haven't been touched in my village and local community. I had to make an appointment at the GP the week before last and they were only just touching on the late 70 group like 75 to 79 but not even all of them. My mother in law is 76 and we are hoping she will be in the next round of vaccines.

It's not surprising to me. Healthcare workers and residential homes were so important to work on first. It's a new vaccine and there's going to be a wait for vaccine.
    Many people think the Taoiseach can click his fingers and all over 70s are vaccinated like magic. People just need to be patient.

I'm hearing of people now phoning the GPS surgery on a weekly basis to see where they are on the vaccine list. I would consider that to be harassment instead of allowing the surgery to get on with the work they have to do. They have to do work outside of covid too. Anybody who is harassing a GP surgery for vaccine should be moved to the back of the queue and waiting line.

Says someone who has had the vaccine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can you not just get a baseball bat and sort it yourself. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Mind my own business. Can I mind my own health, is that ok with you?

Can you talk to them? It would be far far better for you both if you can sit down and have a chat about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

This attitude is reason why it's spreading.

All that is spreading is non compliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1379060977518395399?s=19

I know not everyone is Leo's fan but I thought this was very good (and positive)
    This is a super presentation, optimistic and realistic also. I agree with you, the government needs to present this to the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

RoseStick wrote: »

Not with Cohort 4 which has apparently been started, I will keep phoning them and messaging them until I know my place in the vaccination queue for Cohort 4. Or until this damn online portal gets up and running.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Good news about the virus really only transmittable indoors, like most other respitory illness, means most outdoor activities are pretty safe , its indoors where care is needed :-
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/outdoor-transmission-accounts-for-0-1-of-state-s-covid-19-cases-1.4529036

• Site Banned Posts: 16 RoseStick

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Says someone who has had the vaccine.
    I never harassed my GP weekly to get vaccine though. Doctors and GPs are busy. People shouldn't be phoning them weekly to see where they are with vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The fact you posted it on a message board rather than using any number of other ways hardly shows you were genuinely looking for information. Just trying to get a rise. Probably thread rules on that sort of thing, might report you.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

thebaz wrote: »
    Good news about the virus really only transmittable indoors, like most other respitory illness, means most outdoor activities are pretty safe , its indoors where care is needed :-
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/outdoor-transmission-accounts-for-0-1-of-state-s-covid-19-cases-1.4529036

And here in Ireland we have guards going through parks clearing people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

And here in Ireland we have guards going through parks clearing people.

Do we have guards going through parks clearing people?

Sounds fairly dramatic can you put up a link to that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement