Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

And here in Ireland we have guards going through parks clearing people.

Not sure why NPHET did not give up this game-changing information months ago at ther daily news conference , this is big news for the population, yet the Irish Times had to dig it out and tell us . People should be advised to get outdoors rather than the 12 months daily message of stay at home (indoors).
    How risky is a game of golf or teenagers playing soccer , (or even adults).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Do we have guards going through parks clearing people?

Sounds fairly dramatic can you put up a link to that?

Ya, happens all the time where I live in Cork at the Lough.

Just tonight in the green of the estate I live in, a family tried to come out to celebrate their child's birthday so had balloons, music etc and I could see them setting up as I went for my walk and by the time I came back like 45 mins later, the guards were there clearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

Do we have guards going through parks clearing people?

Sounds fairly dramatic can you put up a link to that?

Loads of examples posted here and reported in the media.

Easy to find if you try.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya, happens all the time where I live in Cork at the Lough.

Just tonight in the green of the estate I live in, a family tried to come out to celebrate their child's birthday so had balloons, music etc and I could see them setting up as I went for my walk and by the time I came back like 45 mins later, the guards were there clearing them.

How is that in any way related to a made up story from another poster about guards going into a park and clearing it out of people?

How is that in any way related to a made up story from another poster about guards going into a park and clearing it out of people?

Stop making a fool out of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

I'm sure their response would be we've been in lockdown since December and the Kent strain has taken over since then and it is more transmissible, so a study from last summer with a less infectious variant doesn't mean it would be the same now.

What I think they'd say in response. Not saying I agree or disagree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Corholio wrote: »
    The fact you posted it on a message board rather than using any number of other ways hardly shows you were genuinely looking for information. Just trying to get a rise. Probably thread rules on that sort of thing, might report you.

Well I didn't know there's a number of ways to report bad behaviour. Care to tell me?

Loads of examples posted here and reported in the media.

Easy to find if you try.

Well I haven't seen a single post here yet where someone claimed the guards went into a park and cleared all people out. I have also not seen any media posts about it.

Feel free to share though if you have any evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Well I haven't seen a single post here yet where someone claimed the guards went into a park and cleared all people out. I have also not seen any media posts about it.

Gardaí clear large crowds from Cork public parks and amenities over the weekend

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40258412.html%3ftype=amp

Somebody just posted an example of a family cleared from a green area, what more help do you need here?

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »

Good to see as it ruins parks for everyone else.

"Crowds of people were drinking at The Lough nature reserve in Cork City on Saturday, leading to complaints from residents and public representatives about unruly behavior. The Garda Public Order Unit dispersed the crowds."

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Well I didn't know there's a number of ways to report bad behaviour. Care to tell me?

Ring his mammy and get her to give him a good telling off!

Somebody just posted an example of a family cleared from a green area, what more help do you need here?

A bit of green space in an estate is not a park. Your original posts were trying to imply guards are clearing out parks of people just outside for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Number of ways to find information, plenty of search engines, official websites etc. Pretending it's a genuine question on a message board where you know how it'll be responded to is a little sad tbh.

A bit of green space in an estate is not a park. Your original posts were trying to imply guards are clearing out parks of people just outside for a walk.

Never said that. People are allowed use parks for exercise so the guards would not be clearing people for exercising.

Number of ways to find information, plenty of search engines, official websites etc. Pretending it's a genuine question on a message board where you know how it'll be responded to is a little sad tbh.

Maybe because it is a genuine question. I think you're the only person trolling by writing what somebody else's intentions are and finding different meanings to what they say.

Never said that. People are allowed use parks for exercise so the guards would not be clearing people for exercising.

This all started from your original post:

And here in Ireland we have guards going through parks clearing people.

So you now agree this is not true and they are only enforcing rules as appropriate? That's all I was asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Maybe because it is a genuine question. I think you're the only person trolling by writing what somebody else's intentions are and finding different meanings to what they say.

Ha! You literally asked if it was allowed in Ireland at the end, and still claim it was a genuine question.

Hope your fairies aren't away more than 5km, or you'd be reporting those too.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Ring his mammy and get her to give him a good telling off!

You have to be the new account for plumbthedebths.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1379060977518395399?s=19

I know not everyone is Leo's fan but I thought this was very good (and positive)

Key take aways:
    He very clearly states vaccines result in vaccination, that evidence from Israel indicates we may not need to be as concerned about variants as we have been given vaccines appear to offer protection there too and he is much firmer on dates for bringing back non essential retail (may) and hotels (june)

I feel like this is the speech LV would have given last week if hed been in charge , instead of that simpering ****wit MM who talks to us like we are children or maybe not very bright simpletons that cant be trusted with even the tiniest bit of information or to behave in any way like responsible people.

Clearly FG are in damage control mode too now but my God I wish it was last year and they were in charge

Informative video, another key takeaway is that the government are prepared to look at easing certain restrictions on a regional basis and that this will be looked at based on the EC green zone system i.e. counties that average 25 cases or below per 100,000 in 14 day period. Kerry are closest to achieving this currently, followed by Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

namloc1980 wrote: »

A neighbour said the unruly crowds were “a disgrace” and that he and his wife were sick of people urinating on their street and of being exposed to loud music, discarded rubbish, and general bad behaviour.

Residents living near the Lough have similar issues. One man said his elderly mother, who moved to the area 60 years ago, felt afraid for the first time last Thursday to walk around the Lough in the evening given the behaviour of some of the crowd.

Cleared for being a pack of bellends rather than because of Covid.

This all started from your original post:

So you now agree this is not true and they are only enforcing rules as appropriate? That's all I was asking.

The issue is the rule that forbids, for example, a family gathering and sitting down for a picnic in a park. This is illegal. It's far safer than the same family meeting indoors.

The government have finally realised this hence its allowed from April 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Informative video, another key takeaway is that the government are prepared to look at easing certain restrictions on a regional basis and that this will be looked at based on the EC green zone system i.e. counties that average 25 cases or below per 100,000 in 14 day period. Kerry are closest to achieving this currently, followed by Cork.

Very good to point this out. People were crying out over regional variations but it was not addressed. It would have made sense to quickly address this in the speech. Would have took 30 secs to explain the reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Ha! You literally asked if it was allowed in Ireland at the end, and still claim it was a genuine question.

Hope your fairies aren't away more than 5km, or you'd be reporting those too.

I think you may find she has been walking the dog beyond the 5km herself.

This housemate has been acting up since 7th April 2020
    I have a housemate who doesn't want to go into work because of mixing with people. Fair enough. But then they bring over their friends to the house and mix with people!!

The issue is the rule that forbids, for example, a family gathering and sitting down for a picnic in a park. This is illegal. It's far safer than the same family meeting indoors.

The government have finally realised this hence its allowed from April 12th.

The issue is you are posting more fake news where other people might read as fact.

You originally said that "And here in Ireland we have guards going through parks clearing people."

This is untrue and you have not provided anything to back it up.

All we have seen is guards breaking up gathering due to complaint's etc. not randomly rounding people up and moving them outside of parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

thebaz wrote: »
    Not sure why NPHET did not give up this game-changing information months ago at ther daily news conference , this is big news for the population, yet the Irish Times had to dig it out and tell us . People should be advised to get outdoors rather than the 12 months daily message of stay at home (indoors).
    How risky is a game of golf or teenagers playing soccer , (or even adults).

Because NPHET are the most ultra cautious body assembled.

IMO They dont trust the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hospital numbers at 8pm

Total 263 (up from 250 last night)
    ICU 55 (down from 56 last night - no deaths)

Last Monday
    Total 313
    ICU 70

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Hospital numbers at 8pm

Last Monday
    Total 313
    ICU 70

Will hopefully be looking at sub-45 in the ICU this time next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭blowitupref

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Hospital numbers at 8pm

Last Monday
    Total 313
    ICU 70

Bank Holidays like a Sunday. Hopefully we see a decent discharge number tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Bank Holidays like a Sunday. Hopefully we see a decent discharge number tomorrow.

I’ll never get this weekend affect with administration! They should be working 5 out of 7 days like the majority of the workforce! A lot of people won’t see the main headline of icu decreasing only the number in hospitals increase.
    And has anyone else noticed that RTE have stopped saying how many people are in icu on their push notifications with case and death numbers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement