Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

RoseStick wrote: »
    There's plenty of people who would be glad, happy and all too delighted to see such scenarios develop in Ireland and the EU.

NPHET and RTE for starters would be creaming themselves if all their scaremongering came to pass.

Can you imagine George Lees glee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,869 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

RoseStick wrote: »
    There's plenty of people who would be glad, happy and all too delighted to see such scenarios develop in Ireland and the EU.

Really? What a farcical thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

This is about the 5th or 6th time you've mentioned this.

We are not Brazil so stop making out that we're comparable to them in any way.

Actually it’s only the 2nd time, you realy need to inform yourself better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Didn't the government there promote herd immunity and people had no choice but to go to work or starve.

Also been a poor country, people living on top of themselves in poor conditions doesn't help.

Didn't the government there promote herd immunity and people had no choice but to go to work or starve.

Also been a poor country, people living on top of themselves in poor conditions doesn't help.

Just for accuracy. Brazil may suffer huge inequality, mismanagement and corruption but it is a wealthy country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'm not arsed going back looking but you've mentioned it at least three times before. Pure fearmongering. Cop yourself on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Just for accuracy. Brazil may suffer huge inequality, mismanagement and corruption but it is a wealthy country.

Also in the interest of accuracy, can we stop talking about Brazil as if it's at all relevant to the situation here?

Also in the interest of accuracy, can we stop talking about Brazil as if it's at all relevant to the situation here?

Pardon me! So sorry. Maybe you shouldn't have mentioned Brazil not being relevant yourself but I take the chastisement and beg your forgiveness. :mad:

Edit.

Remember this?
    Brazil, a country with a complete lunatic in charge who couldn't care less about covid has a death rate around 1.5 times that of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hospital numbers at 8pm

Total 220 (down from 263 last night)
    ICU 58 (up from 55 last night)

Last Tuesday
    Total 290
    ICU 65

New lowest 8pm total in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Brazil is not a poor country they just don’t give a ****e about poor people.

• Advertisement

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Hospital numbers at 8pm

Last Tuesday
    Total 290
    ICU 65

Open the pubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Hospital numbers at 8pm

Last Tuesday
    Total 290
    ICU 65

People won't take these restrictions much longer if the numbers keep radically dropping like this.

Are we going to have restrictions the next flu season from now on or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Hospital numbers at 8pm

Last Tuesday
    Total 290
    ICU 65

Hopefully under 200 by the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Hospital numbers at 8pm

Last Tuesday
    Total 290
    ICU 65

Down ~25% from the same time last week... At this rate it should be around 160 next week

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Belt

Hospital numbers at 8pm

Last Tuesday
    Total 290
    ICU 65

Seeing as they were only delighted today to highlight there was still 260 people in hospital, will RTE's lead headline tomorrow be that hospital numbers have decreased by 15% in one day?

Pardon me! So sorry. Maybe you shouldn't have mentioned Brazil not being relevant yourself but I take the chastisement and beg your forgiveness. :mad:

Edit.

Remember this?

Edit: no point in me being a dick about it, apologies.

What I mean is Brazil is an example of a country letting covid run mad. I don't think it's a relevant example for how things could get worse here. The post of mine you quoted was in response to someone implying we could have a far worse death rate than we do. I think in that case, the comparison to Brazil is valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Is everyone ready for the extremely positive headlines across the airwaves tomorrow about the huge discharges and the fact that we have a small proportion of hospital patients with Covid now in them?

Oh wait that won’t generate clicks, not going to happen!

Belt wrote: »
    Seeing as they were only delighted today to highlight there was still 260 people in hospital, will RTE's lead headline tomorrow be that hospital numbers have decreased by 15% in one day?

Probably focus on the Brazil variant and that we will have to start tipping bodies into vertical pits if we don't hold firm.

Digging up posts without context to try to discredit my point? I must have struck a nerve.

As I mentioned in that post, Brazil have a lunatic in charge. That's precisely why it's not a relevant comparison to here if you're trying to scaremonger.

And I wasn't discussing the scaremongering. I was addressing a blatant inaccuracy in saying they are a poor country. I don't know why it's annoying you so much.
    The nerve struck here (way exaggerating it btw) was you deciding what is relevant, or not. Report the post if you think it's off topic rather than paying the Mod.

And I wasn't discussing the scaremongering. I was addressing a blatant inaccuracy in saying they are a poor country. I don't know why it's annoying you so much.
    The nerve struck here (way exaggerating it btw) was you deciding what is relevant, or not. Report the post if you think it's off topic rather than paying the Mod.

Already edited my last post as it was out of order. Apologies again for that.

I wasn't taking issue with your post I responded to to begin with for what it's worth. Just jumped on the most recent post on the topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Speaking of Brazil - horrific . They've got it so wrong, and also signed up for Sputnik - I wonder did they ever get any deliveries?

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1379540627747180545

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Hospital numbers at 8pm

Last Tuesday
    Total 290
    ICU 65

Good numbers. Very encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Interesting interview on Prime Time with Stephen Donnelly.
    - He clearly wants mandatory quarantine extended to EU & elsewhere, not even ruling out quotas or a cap on people coming until Ireland, this is a catastrophe in my opinion.
    - Vaccination numbers estimate done by Prime Time reporter Mark Coughlan, who did a great job breaking down what we might expect each month, very backloaded numbers from Johnson & Johnson 422,000 due to arrive by June.
    - He touched on the Astra Zeneca issue re younger women, saying they would watch what the U.K. do in the coming days. I really hope Ireland pause this vaccine for young women and redirect one of the others to this group in time. Their chance of developing this dangerous reaction to the vaccine is much higher than the general population.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,623 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Care to add some commentary? This is a discussion site after all

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Sadly it's NPHET way or no way. Absolutely no reason not to revert to 15 outdoors for pubs and restaurants immediately.

Yet these clowns whine on about the precarious situation, the new virus and of course the variants.

More bull****.

If NPHET had their way we would have had retroactive contact tracing last August and mandatory quarantine nearly a year ago.

Quit your nonsense and spreading absolute horse**** conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Interesting interview on Prime Time with Stephen Donnelly.
    - He clearly wants mandatory quarantine extended to EU & elsewhere, not even ruling out quotas or a cap on people coming until Ireland, this is a catastrophe in my opinion.
    Agreed. We can't be locking down forever for fear of variants, so far the data is showing that the vaccines are effective against every variant identified so far. The hotel quarantine is turning into a giant distraction and time sink, is this really where the Minister should be spending his time?
    - Vaccination numbers estimate done by Prime Time reporter Mark Coughlan, who did a great job breaking down what we might expect each month, very backloaded numbers from Johnson & Johnson 422,000 due to arrive by June.
    There's some good graphs on the vaccine thread. Most (maybe all) adults should expect to be able to get a vaccine by June and maybe July at the latest which is great news.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,623 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

NPHET and RTE for starters would be creaming themselves if all their scaremongering came to pass.

Can you imagine George Lees glee.
    Seriously?

Give it a rest or I will threadban you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Nah they'll go with the increase in ICU as the headline

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

This was one of the points the EC was making regarding vaccine deliveries agreed by quarter whey they are disusing the export licencing. They don't want it backloaded to the last month/week of the quarter while fulfilling other orders outside the EU more to the start of the quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

They will wait for morning update when the number will almost certainly increase from 8pm tonight and use that as that increase, completely missing the substantial reduction this evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement