Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Exactly what happened in my Club all year since March and every club I visited which is a lot

No dressing rooms at all

Which was part of the rules for allowing training and games to go ahead agreed by the GAA after discussions with the government.

Now the government seem to have conveniently forgotten about this which is why i would love to see these figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭thebiglad

The new variant drum will only grow louder I feel once vaccination rates are higher and cases hopefully stay low or stable.

It is hard to imagine there won't be a push for some zero covid outcome even though any infection that occurs is unlikely to result in serious illness.

These so called variants aren't going to just disappear from continental Europe in the next year, there will always being variants of COVID once COVID exists!

If we are banning countries with covid variants, we should be banning ourselves and basically every nation in the world and will prob have to do that for 1-2 years.

hard to imagine with trade being driven across borders and if not in humans then the virus could mutate into animals and cross borders in that. The virus will just keep mutating and when by fluke a successful strain gets through it'll take off. The only way forward is vaccines and normal life.

Lets see how much longer NZ & Aus keep their zero cover strategy when vaccinations are at a decent level.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

The new variant drum will only grow louder I feel once vaccination rates are higher and cases hopefully stay low or stable.

It is hard to imagine there won't be a push for some zero covid outcome even though any infection that occurs is unlikely to result in serious illness.

These so called variants aren't going to just disappear from continental Europe in the next year, there will always being variants of COVID once COVID exists!

If we are banning countries with covid variants, we should be banning ourselves and basically every nation in the world and will prob have to do that for 1-2 years.

The next 2 weeks will always be crucial and the situation will always be precarious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

88 cases today here in Northern Ireland and 0 deaths. The 7 day average case rate is 29.8/100,000 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭CoronaBlocker

FFS. Not everyone that wants to go outdoors needs changing rooms to do so, Christ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The next 2 weeks will always be crucial and the situation will always be precarious.

Fortunately there will always be freedom of movement between NI and Britain and Britain will likely open to a host of EU countries from June.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

FFS. Not everyone that wants to go outdoors needs changing rooms to do so, Christ!

Exactly . The obsession with changing rooms is gas . I just want to meet my friend in my garden . They arrive dressed and leave in the same clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

celt262 wrote: »
    Which was part of the rules for allowing training and games to go ahead agreed by the GAA after discussions with the government.

Now the government seem to have conveniently forgotten about this which is why i would love to see these figures.

Exactly

I was playing in one league match last year in West Cork

An hour and a half from home

No dugouts and no dressing rooms

Got absolutely soaked

Had to drive all the way home for a hot shower

I'd have loved dressing rooms for a hot shower but that's the price you pay for getting games up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Shouldn't even enter the conversation. GAA and other amateur sports went ahead last summer with no access to changing rooms.

Most countries have instructed UEFA that it will be possible for some fans to attend ones. Ireland is the outlier atm. Surely they could allow vaccinated fans to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,488 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wadacrack wrote: »
    Most countries have instructed UEFA that it will be possible for some fans to attend ones. Ireland is the outlier atm. Surely they could allow vaccinated fans to attend.

NPHET say no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Stheno wrote: »
    In the Irish Times

The three women are believed to be Brazilian nationals who attempted to make their way home to Loughrea, Co Galway.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/three-women-return-to-quarantine-hotel-after-absconding-1.4530391

In a new twist, it turns out that the three women are Irish Nationals who attempted to make their way to a salon for a brazilian.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Exactly . The obsession with changing rooms is gas . I just want to meet my friend in my garden . They arrive dressed and leave in the same clothes

Haha glad to hear it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    NPHET say no

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kleiner feigling

Is anyone else appalled by the proposition of vaccines passports (or "bonus" as they are being referred to)?

This topic has crept into every radio program I've heard today.
    The idea that services could be granted or denied based on vaccine status is quite disturbing.
    This does cross a line, and many people will be excluded from certain events/establishments because they don't want to share private health information.... or they simply have contraindications which preclude them from getting a vax in the first place.

It just feels like far too many of our civil liberties have been breached, and now this...
    I miss freedom :(

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1379799381545775110

They're teasing us now, should easily go under 3% if this carrys on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cjyid

Ooo nice numbers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Great! Every week since the beginning of the year, I dread the Wednesday bump. Not today :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Great! Every week since the beginning of the year, I dread the Wednesday bump. Not today :)

I don’t mean to the a killjoy but the Wednesday bump this week would be a Thursday one due to the bank holiday.

Great numbers all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Not to be "that guy" but the Wednesday bump should be Thursday this week because of the long weekend.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

marno21 wrote: »
    I don’t mean to the a killjoy but the Wednesday bump this week would be a Thursday one due to the bank holiday.

Great numbers all the same.

Dang ye with the logic lol

Still numbers are decent thankfully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Is anyone else appalled by the proposition of vaccines passports (or "bonus" as they are being referred to)?

The idea that services could be granted or denied based on vaccine status is quite disturbing.
    This does cross a line, and many people will be excluded from certain events/establishments because they don't want to share private health information.... or they simply have contraindications which preclude them from getting a vax in the first place.

It just feels like far too many of our civil liberties have been breached, and now this...

I know. Imagine if they said that people that wanted to drive needed to be qualified and licensed to do so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1379799381545775110

I make it 2.94% over the past 7 days so been rounded up to 3%

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

The numbers are meaningless now, they aren't going to go high enough to halt the current roadmap.
    Or low enough enough to speed it up, the only thing dictating the return to normality is the vaccine roll out.
    Most retail will reopen in May with social elements such as Beer Gardens and Hairdressers commencing in early - mid June.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

I know. Imagine if they said that people that wanted to drive needed to be qualified and licensed to do so!

Puerile argument, driving a car isn't a human right.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I make it 2.94% over the past 7 days so been rounded up to 3%

Beat me to it!

3287 positive on 110,994 tests = 2.96% (and 2.94% if you average the daily % over the last week)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

OwenM wrote: »
    Puerile argument, driving a car isn't a human right.

Indeed, but what human rights are being denied? Or plan to be denied?

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Link?

Posted here last night. The Irish sun i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I think it's great, the selfish anti-vaxx clowns will be deservedly punished for their moronic beliefs

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭CoronaBlocker

Am in agreement with you on this. I find the idea quite dystopian. And unlike many of the temporary restrictions that are required to get us through this pandemic, this one has the touch of permanency about it (and maybe worse - have new requirements added to it down the line too... once the clown is out of the box, like...).

The thought of having to proffer one of these things to get into a restaurant or theatre, get a new job, or onto a train is numbing. But whatever about domestic locations or events, it is beginning to smell like they will certainly be required for international transit soon enough.

The only thing that lends hope is the level of agreement required, internationally, to get this all off the ground. The incompetence of the ruling class truly knows no bounds.

• Advertisement

redmgar wrote: »
    The numbers are meaningless now, they aren't going to go high enough to halt the current roadmap.
    Or low enough enough to speed it up, the only thing dictating the return to normality is the vaccine roll out.
    Most retail will reopen in May with social elements such as Beer Gardens and Hairdressers commencing in early - mid June.

Its being reported today phased reopening of hairdressing during May.

I'd say if cases keep going down then pubs will be on the radar soon.

As in before June for outdoor in some form.

The opinion poll showing people are sick of the government will sharpen their focus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement