Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Seems cheap and natural solutions may be the best what actually work.

AN OIREACHTAS COMMITTEE has heard that Vitamin D deficiency was “really sticking out” in terms of looking at those who have suffered severe illness from Covid-19 in Ireland.

A report from the Oireachtas Health Committee has made a number of recommendations about Vitamin D, including recommending daily Vitamin D supplements.

The committee has been looking Vitamin D deficiency in Ireland and whether improved levels of the vitamin would help in the battle against Covid-19.

The report was based on evidence provided to the committee by experts from Trinity College Dublin, St. James’s Hospital and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.

The committee heard that Vitamin D deficiency is “common across all age groups” in Ireland, ranging from 47% of 18-39-year olds to 64% of over 80s.

https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/committee/dail/33/joint_committee_on_health/reports/2021/2021-04-07_report-on-addressing-vitamin-d-deficiency-as-a-public-health-measure-in-ireland_en.pdf

Who would have thought that only few months ago people were laughed at and sent to conspiracy theory forum if they dared to mention vitamin D as a prevention from getting bad dose of covid.

Have to laugh. An Oireachtas committee heard...

I heard this last year. But sure a year later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

jackboy wrote: »
    It was intentionally suppressed to prevent people popping a few vitamin pills and then feeling they could ignore the lockdown.

Plus vitamin D blocks the effects of chemtrails.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    My risk of becoming seriously ill with covid is minimal and I'm willing to take that risk. If I'm sick I'll stay home and practice good hygiene, the same as I always would. And the same as the advice has always been prior to last year.

Once the elderly and vulnerable people have been vaccinated, who cares about those who choose not to really? Isnt the point to keep the hospitals from filling up? Previous to this illness it was never a moral failing to catch a virus and even to pass it on. We've all done it.

The only way I'll get the vaccine is if it's required to come home. Of the people I know who have had covid, 1 required hospitalisation (and recovered in a day). I already know of several people who have had bad reactions to the vaccine, including 2 who almost died. No thanks. For me the risk outweighs the benefit. sorry, I'm an evil selfish person obviously.

Sponsored by the church of antivax.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭prunudo

Deciding to take a trialed and tested and well established vaccine in order to gain entry into a country and being passively coerced into taking a new vaccine in order to regain freedom in your own country are two entirely different things

What surprises me the most, by a lot of this vaccine talk is that people want to take the vaccine so they can travel abroad. The health benefits seem to be secondary thought.
    It appears that most people view it as a box ticking exercise to get back to normality or leave the country and are overlooking the discussion on whether they need or will benefit from what they are being injected with.
    I'm no covid denier or anti vaxxer but as a healthy person in their early 40s who could for all I know already have had and recovered from the virus, in my mind there are still many unanswered questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

prunudo wrote: »
    What surprises me the most, by a lot of this vaccine talk is that people want to take the vaccine so they can travel abroad. The health benefits seem to be secondary thought.
    It appears that most people view it as a box ticking exercise to get back to normality or leave the country and are overlooking the discussion on whether they need or will benefit from what they are being injected with.
    I'm no covid denier or anti vaxxer but as a healthy person in their early 40s who could for all I know already have had and recovered from the virus, in my mind there are still many unanswered questions.
    From a public health perspective anyone willing to take a vaccine is great news. Why doesn't matter to anyone except those people.

• Advertisement

Sponsored by the church of antivax.
    Actually not a wholly unusual reaction to a rapidly developed vaccine. These kinds of cheap shots show a lack of reflection. The overall prize is that 70%+ vaccinated, however anyone who's not, doesn't automatically qualify for free abuse.

Article on vaccination no-show issues throughout the EU.
    Patchy health infrastructure and siloed databases may explain the leftover vaccines

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/europe-s-vaccination-no-shows-the-likeliest-explanation-1.4531469

• Registered Users Posts: 10,875 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Maybe it's you - maybe you're on here too much ;)

And you wonder why all your best work gets deleted?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

is_that_so wrote: »

The Belgian QVax system is interesting. Probably better than having the mobile number of relatives, the local Garda station or indeed the Principal of your kids school.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Good to see. Hopefully with supply increase the 2nd million will be a lot quicker. https://twitter.com/paulreiddublin/status/1380063004004380672?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭prunudo

Eod100 wrote: »
    Good to see. Hopefully with supply increase the 2nd million will be a lot quicker. https://twitter.com/paulreiddublin/status/1380063004004380672?s=19

I thought that was yesterday. Did it not go to plan?

prunudo wrote: »
    I thought that was yesterday. Did it not go to plan?
    One would assume it's a planned photo op!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,875 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Have to laugh. An Oireachtas committee heard...

I heard this last year. But sure a year later.

I'm sure you know rightly that the use of "heard" in the article refers to them being formally presented with a report, not that it was the first any of them had heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Have to say I don't like the way this is going. Vaccine passports to get a haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

namloc1980 wrote: »

Have to say I don't like the way this is going. Vaccine passports to get a haircut.

That's absurd. I really hope it is just speculation, no way that can be allowed happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

This sounds mad. Are hairdressers going to be asked to check people's vaccine certs?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

During the summer it will be easy to tell the people who are waiting 12 weeks for their second astra zenaca as their hair will be all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

If that happens it will effectively mean shops and hairdressers open full stop. Government don't have the resources to police it and I can't imagine many businesses will be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well that's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

That's absurd. I really hope it is just speculation, no way that can be allowed happen.

How much for a PCR test 72 hours before getting a trim. Haircuts just got more expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This sounds mad. Are hairdressers going to be asked to check people's vaccine certs?
    It's Ireland. It'll be the honour system if it happens at all.

"Are you fully vaccinated?"

"I am, to be sure"

giphy.webp

If that happens it will effectively mean shops and hairdressers open full stop. Government don't have the resources to police it and I can't imagine many businesses will be arsed.
    As we stand we have barely 10% of the population fully vaccinated and that includes care home residents who will probably not be going anywhere. It all seems to extending the bonus idea that Varadkar mentioned of fully vaccinated older people being able to meet indoors. For now that's not something people would be unhappy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

More importantly this means all hairdressers have to be vaccinated. I mean you can’t say only vaccinated can get x but it’s delivered by unvaccinated y. Since all the ones I know are way down the list, it’s sad this hypocrisy isn’t even being questioned by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

I have to laugh, the headline gives a definitive statement, saying this will happen, while the article quotes a "source" saying this is one thing that could happen.

In other words, yeah we haven't a clue and it's still early April so we won't be talking about this for a few more weeks yet.

One of those articles where you have to read past the headline to then see the article crumble as you read through it

is_that_so wrote: »
    Actually not a wholly unusual reaction to a rapidly developed vaccine. These kinds of cheap shots show a lack of reflection. The overall prize is that 70%+ vaccinated, however anyone who's not, doesn't automatically qualify for free abuse.

It’s not abuse, I could have typed 13 paragraphs but but for what so people could through back the “ prove it” rebuttal. Minds are made and no matter what those who site the “ I know of” are not going change.

ddarcy wrote: »
    More importantly this means all hairdressers have to be vaccinated. I mean you can’t say only vaccinated can get x but it’s delivered by unvaccinated y. Since all the ones I know are way down the list, it’s sad this hypocrisy isn’t even being questioned by the media.
    It's just a story for now, probably produced by some official musing "we could start in say hairdressers in May for example".

Except we know the government couldn’t organise a shoe lace tying competition.

It’s not abuse, I could have typed 13 paragraphs but but for what so people could through back the “ prove it” rebuttal. Minds are made and no matter what those who site the “ I know of” are not going change.
    As is your own, clearly. You bring nothing to any debate by name calling. Leave them be and stop caring what people you don't know do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I have to laugh, the headline gives a definitive statement, saying this will happen, while the article quotes a "source" saying this is one thing that could happen.

In other words, yeah we haven't a clue and it's still early April so we won't be talking about this for a few more weeks yet.

One of those articles where you have to read past the headline to then see the article crumble as you read through it

Typical kite flying article. Planting the seed of the idea so that when it does come about in May/June it'll be well planted in peoples minds. Not the first or last time we've seen kite flying from government with controversial measures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

“Have ya the vaccine got?”

“Yep, all 3 doses”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement