Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

I think the problem is the well known scrums that happen with golf. And the hugs and kisses with every successful putt. Dangerous game.

I know yeah. Kind of shocked someone came out with that...If people do have a chat afterwards it is also outside...Bars, clubhouses are all closed...My club is opening on the 26th and we can’t use the toilet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

Anyone hear anything about a convoy of travellers landing down to Pfizer demanding the vaccine ? Just got a video send to me of loads of caravans and vehicles pulling up outside a factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

I think the problem is the well known scrums that happen with golf. And the hugs and kisses with every successful putt. Dangerous game.

The hugs and kisses in mixed foursomes are a known covid spreader.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

niamh247 wrote: »
    What's wrong with education through online classes?

Yes I'm sure a 5 year old from a disadvantaged background is going to learn a lot in an online setting, if they even have a laptop in the family to log onto it. Good luck to a poor family with 3 or 4 kids fighting over access to the one laptop in the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

celt262 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about a convoy of travellers landing down to Pfizer demanding the vaccine ? Just got a video send to me of loads of caravans and vehicles pulling up outside a factory.

Grange Castle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Have you kids at primary school? Online has been shown to not be working for younger students.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭jackboy

Loads of children had zero engagement with the on line classes. On line classes mean zero education for thousands of children.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A ski resort in Whistler, Canada has had a large breakout of the P1 variant, making Canada the biggest hotspot outside Brazil for it.

Good news today about that . They are vaccinating the whole of Whistler this week !

Do you have kids?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,091 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I have two kids in secondary school. One has thrived and doesn't want to go back. The other has struggled. Really struggled. I don't want to be melodramatic but I'd have serious worries for him if he didn't get some structure and social contact soon.

Nonetheless, their patience has been remarkable. They haven't moaned once since last March. Heroic really, given that the virus poses zero risk to them.

I'll sure they'll grow into the moaning cult eventually. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Looks like it's not over yet with new variants cropping up. This year will take a hit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Good news today about that . They are vaccinating the whole of Whistler this week !

Whistler is a high altitude ski resort, a place you can ski with certainty in April. You just know there are wealthy Irish types skiing there right now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Hospital operations update

In hospital 223 (increase of 11 from last night)
    In ICU 50 (increase of 2 and no deaths)

Sunday 8pm last week.

In hospital 250
    In ICU 56

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sunday 8pm last week.

In hospital 250
    In ICU 56

The hospital increase should almost certainly come down in next few days with only increases at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sunday 8pm last week.

In hospital 250
    In ICU 56

The hospital increase should almost certainly come down in next few days with only increases at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Whistler is a high altitude ski resort, a place you can ski with certainty in April. You just know there are wealthy Irish types skiing there right now....

No one is skiing in Whistler right now . The slopes are all closed for last two weeks . Restaurants all closed and facilities closed . They locked down the slopes fully two weeks ago

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.nsnews.com/amp/bc-news/whistler-blackcomb-indoor-dining-closed-for-three-weeks-3586747

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Golfman64

Renjit wrote: »
    Looks like it's not over yet with new variants cropping up. This year will take a hit too.

Those pesky variants for which all current vaccines have proven to be effective?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    It's based on the adult population, 1 in 5 adults have received a first dose.
    Fair enough. The numbers check out, but it feels high - I know only one person here (in Ireland, as opposed to friends in their twenties and thirties who've had it in the US, Spain and Germany..) that I know has had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

The number of deaths by date-of-death chart is trending very well for quite a while now.

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/surveillance/epidemiologyofcovid-19inirelandweeklyreports/COVID-19%20Weekly%20Report_%20Week%2013_%20Slideset_HPSC%20-%20Web.pdf

It peaked right at the end of January and dropped fast after that. Chart is near the bottom.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Golfman64 wrote: »
    Those pesky variants for which all current vaccines have proven to be effective?

Not 100% effective. More to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,404 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

saabsaab wrote: »
    Not 100% effective. More to come.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

The number of deaths by date-of-death chart is trending very well for quite a while now.

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/surveillance/epidemiologyofcovid-19inirelandweeklyreports/COVID-19%20Weekly%20Report_%20Week%2013_%20Slideset_HPSC%20-%20Web.pdf

It peaked right at the end of January and dropped fast after that. Chart is near the bottom.

Unfortunately due to the reporting delay, it's always trending down. (always on a downward trend, one reason why people on the Sweden thread get confused as that's how they report deaths)
    But obviously deaths are thankfully low now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Hobgoblin11

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Unfortunately due to the reporting delay, it's always trending down. (always on a downward trend, one reason why people on the Sweden thread get confused as that's how they report deaths)

I'm about to book my flights from New York to DUblin to back into the country before the mandatory quarantine, when is the last date for me to get in?

Dundalk, Co. Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Wolf359f wrote: »

I am aware of the reporting delay but the weekly chart is clearly trending down. Considerably. It's the key metric for me.

I mean Jan 31 shows 75 deaths on one day whereas most of March was < 10. Even taking in the reporting delay, the first half of March would be fairly accurate. The numbers are excellent and I hope they go even lower.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

I'm about to book my flights from New York to DUblin to back into the country before the mandatory quarantine, when is the last date for me to get in?

Thursday April 15th @4am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Faugheen wrote: »
    It's amazing that people still don't understand that the restrictions on golf etc aren't necessarily about the activities themselves, but it's about people gathering.

Where exactly do people gather during a game of golf?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Ficheall wrote: »
    Fair enough. The numbers check out, but it feels high - I know only one person here (in Ireland, as opposed to friends in their twenties and thirties who've had it in the US, Spain and Germany..) that I know has had it.

Are you doubting the official numbers because of your own personal anecdote?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

At golf courses, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Faugheen wrote: »
    At golf courses, obviously.

There has been no gatherings at golf courses for the short period they were open last year. We have been closed for 210 days since March 2020.
    It was turn up, shoes on in the car park, off to the 1st tee, play and go home.

We had strict protocols in place. Rakes disappeared, flags remained in the hole, the majority of clubs implemented online bookings, online payment and digital scorecards, kept locker rooms and shower facilities closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

The drunken orgy at the 19th hole according to some

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement