Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Stheno wrote: »
    How do you see whats been outline for May being able to happen and not have a rise in social contacts?

If the govt listen to the NPHET narrative I'd be pessimistic about it tbh
    There is an ongoing message that NPHET will continue to push. I genuinely wonder if anyone is even listening to it any more. From our perspective the only concern is if case rises present a reason for May plans to be reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

is_that_so wrote: »
    There is an ongoing message that NPHET will continue to push. I genuinely wonder if anyone is even listening to it any more. From our perspective the only concern is if case rises present a reason for May plans to be reversed.

Do you have any idea of the dates that things will reopen in May?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

The problem is the government are listening and wont go against NPHET.

They really take the positivity out of everything. They must be the most pessimistic bunch of people to ever assemble in one place.

They really dont see the economic damage their approach is causing as they sit on 6 figure salaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Do you have any idea of the dates that things will reopen in May?

I honestly can’t believe it is 2.5 weeks away from May and no mention of anything...They will delay everything until late May again...

This is becoming RIDICULOUS. I’m actually leaning towards the conspiracy idea of ‘they want to lock us up/control us’.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1381673648004734980?s=19

So high risk under 60 get second dose on schedule, non high risk under sixty extended to 16 weeks for second dose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The WHO statement is a very general type of statement, it just includes info we already know, cases rising in some EU countries, vaccination levels at different stages etc. The headline of 'it's not over yet' is just obvious right? Nothing substantial, but not that I think that was the intention anyway, just a subtle warning type one they have done throughout.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

You mean the message of doom and gloom like the one below from Ronan Glynn?

https://twitter.com/eoghanymurphy/status/1381660746048806919?s=21

Oh wait...

This is becoming RIDICULOUS. I’m actually leaning towards the conspiracy idea of ‘they want to lock us up/control us’.

You would be very stupid to do this.

I get the frustration, but you look at Nolan, Glynn etc and tell me they want to keep everyone locked up and under control. They don’t. They’re just as f*cked as the rest of us.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

If everyone over 60 remaining is given AZ during Q2 + the 2nd doses for those already after one dose of AZ it should soak up a lot of the supply in that regard.

Not ideal, but manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So we're down 20% of vaccinations for under 60's.

Any update on how this affects us going forward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

marno21 wrote: »
    If everyone over 60 remaining is given AZ during Q2 + the 2nd doses for those already after one dose of AZ it should soak up a lot of the supply in that regard.

Not ideal, but manageable.

We're banking on them saying no more dose 1 of Pfizer or Moderna for over 60s in that case. I hope they go that way but who knows.

The issue is going to be logistical now also.

Can't see how they hit 180-190k this week or next week as there's a significant change involved.

Maybe I'll eat my words but just can't see it.

If you're under 60 and not high risk they're extending the AZ interval to 16 weeks... That is not going to go down well with healthcare workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Faugheen wrote: »
    You mean the message of doom and gloom like the one below from Ronan Glynn?

https://twitter.com/eoghanymurphy/status/1381660746048806919?s=21

Oh wait...

Positive commentary is **** all good if they don't back it up with some recommendations for releasing restrictions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If you're under 60 and not high risk they're extending the AZ interval to 16 weeks... That is not going to go down well with healthcare workers.

According to Gavin Reilly HCWs are classed as high risk?

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1381677614977400833?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭aziz

You would be very stupid to do this.

I get the frustration, but you look at Nolan, Glynn etc and tell me they want to keep everyone locked up and under control. They don’t. They’re just as f*cked as the rest of us.

Eh,NO , their livelihoods aren’t at risk

Padkir wrote: »
    Positive commentary is **** all good if they don't back it up with some recommendations for releasing restrictions.

But they never say anything positive according to the fearmongers here.

So which is it?

And they already recommended easing restrictions. What did you call what happened today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

I'm a healthcare worker and also have asthma. I wonder if they'd just feckin give me the second dose. I feel like setting something on fire after hearing the news just now.

Luckily it's cold enough to justify lighting the fire in April. 2020 was actually grand in retrospect.

aziz wrote: »
    Eh,NO , their livelihoods aren’t at risk

So you think they want to keep us locked down forever?

You think they want to control everything going on here and have all the power?

You think their livelihoods aren’t at risk? Yes they have jobs but they also have families and young children. They want to actually ruin their lives too? You think Glynn wants to put himself in the firing line?

How about you actually stop reading what Mags says on Facebook and actually think about the absolute sh*te you are posting before you do so?

Bunch of George Lees in here today. Genuinely baffling some of the absolute sh*te that comes out of people’s fingers.

You think they want to control everything going on here and have all the power?

You think their livelihoods aren’t at risk? Yes they have jobs but they also have families and young children. They want to actually ruin their lives too? You think Glynn wants to put himself in the firing line?

How about you actually stop reading what Mags says on Facebook and actually think about the absolute sh*te you are posting before you do so?

Bunch of George Lees in here today. Genuinely baffling some of the absolute sh*te that comes out of people’s fingers.

Christ, dude , take a chill pill

And yes I do think they want to keep up locked down for a long time,with the latest ****up in vaccines and the threat of more variants and a 4th wave ,there is no end in sight

• Advertisement

aziz wrote: »
    Christ, dude , take a chill pill

You said their livelihoods aren’t at risk when it’s total bullsh*t from a doom merchant such as yourself. Livelihood isn’t just about jobs you know?

Would you like to hold your hands up and admit you over-reacted when you made that statement? It’s perfectly acceptable to say something out of frustration but at least row back and own it when you’re called out on your bollocks.

I think he means most people under 60 that have got a 1st dose are healthcare workers. The risk definition as per NIAC relates to medically high risk, not occupation.

You said their livelihoods aren’t at risk when it’s total bullsh*t from a doom merchant such as yourself. Livelihood isn’t just about jobs you know?

Would you like to hold your hands up and admit you over-reacted when you made that statement? It’s perfectly acceptable to say something out of frustration but at least row back and own it when you’re called out on your bollocks.

My job in the entertainment industry looks like it won’t be happening this year at least,
    I’m no doom merchant but it’s ****in hard to be optimistic.

And I stand by my statement, All in this together,bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

My reading of that is he is saying HCW are mostly not high risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Yer one at the conference just said "Vaxevra" there. What is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,490 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Turtwig wrote: »
    No they fcking aren't. Nobody wants this sh1t to be prolonged.

You think they want to control everything going on here and have all the power?.

"Ye shall know them by their fruits" - Matthew 7:16

Won't it be very convenient when instead of getting their second dose, people have to wait four weeks longer and there is all that extra suppy there then.

Although the first lot who were vaccinated are still only 60% protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,759 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Tpcl20 wrote: »
    Yer one at the conference just said "Vaxevra" there. What is that?

Its brand name for the AZ vaccine
    Vaxzevria

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Its brand name for the AZ vaccine
    Vaxzevria

Oh like when Shell was unanimously hated by everybody so changed their name to Topaz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

"Ye shall know them by their fruits" - Matthew 7:16

That's a good one. I like this one. Not exactly sure the relevance but pretty deep.

549938.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement