Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Stheno wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/RTENewsAtOne/status/1381949962951491586?s=20

Why is the deputy CMO the person communicating that there will be a plan?

Where is the Taoiseach/MoH?

Simple because the deputy CMO is in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

RGS wrote: »
    Simple because the deputy CMO is in charge.
    Nah, he was in front of a Dail committee and NPHET will have input into any plan.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

But the pubs were closed at Christmas.

Some pubs were closed at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Faugheen wrote: »

Pub near me never closed :mad:

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Why do we never hear from the Taoiseach? Boris Johnson is on TV every second minute in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,418 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Pub near me never closed :mad:

pubs near me never opened :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,418 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Why do we never hear from the Taoiseach? Boris Johnson is on TV every second minute in the UK.

we have a taoiseach ? your kidding me right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

A fair few pubs were 'open' to the right people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

saabsaab wrote: »
    A fair few pubs were 'open' to the right people.

Indeed. One near me sent out invites for Cheltenham week.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just as well we dont have to listen to MM bumbling and saying nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭NIAC Fanboy

Faugheen wrote: »

Wrong. Pubs operating as restaurants were open, but the regular pubs remained closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭eastie17

With the news of delays on J&J on top of the issues around Astra Zenaca we need to come up with a plan B.

The reopening of society cannot be linked to a vaccination programme if there is so much uncertainty around the vaccines and their delivery

It appears that a call was made to rely solely on vaccination as the way out of this a number of months back and any other plan was abandoned.

Totally agree, it shouldn't be that hard with all of the time elapsed and the data gathered on this to come up with a reasonable plan that allows people to have lives, some semblance of an economy and an acceptable number of people in hospitals, ICU and even indeed dying. Even during the 4 month lockdown we have just had people still died and thats just the way it is.

Knowing the current variant that is in community transition they should ahve the data to say what kind of activity results in what kind of numbers, and what our safe thresholds are.
    They dont appear to have come up with any other ideas since last March except lockdown and pray for vaccines. That's not leadership, thats being a victim of circumstance, its the easy option. When is the flipover from MM to Leo supposed to happen? MM has reached his goal of not becoming the only FF leader to become Taoiseach, I presume there is some pension threshold he might need to meet next before he'll be happy to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

358 new cases.

18 additional deaths (7 in April, 3 in March, 3 in February, 3 in January. 1 death was reported as occurring before January)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

eastie17 wrote: »
    MM has reached his goal of not becoming the only FF leader to become Taoiseach, I presume there is some pension threshold he might need to meet next before he'll be happy to go?

End of 2022 I believe. Apparently he fully intends to lead FF into the next GE, but he would say that, wouldn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭aziz

End of 2022 I believe. Apparently he fully intends to lead FF into the next GE,

Rest of Fianna Fáil, “ like fook he will “

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

End of 2022 I believe. Apparently he fully intends to lead FF into the next GE, but he would say that, wouldn't he?

If he does he’ll finish them off. Who in their right mind would vote for them after this showing. It’ll be FG vs SF and it’ll be the dirtiest election we’ve had in a while.

Most of their voters are getting old and dying off now. They don’t have a reason to be relevant except for the civil war politics angle. And that won’t get them far in the 2020s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

18 deaths over four months in todays cases, jesus they are really clutching at straws now that the cases are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

marno21 wrote: »

Most of their voters are getting old and dying off now. They don’t have a reason to be relevant except for the civil war politics angle. And that won’t get them far in the 2020s

A lot of people were saying that a decade ago ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Good to see the averages back to a good decline now

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1382015867379154953?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

• Advertisement

All of Munster and quite a few touching counties showing really low incidence rates now.

It is ridiculous not to regionalise this, and allow for a modest easing of restrictions in these areas.

If there is an outbreak in a specific area or town in the zone then hit the area with mass testing.

Add other counties to the zone as their rates come down.

Its shocking mismanagement at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Nice to see the reduction in Dublin and Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I know case numbers don't mean everything and it's about trends etc. but it's lovely to see them lower, all the same :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

A lot of people were saying that a decade ago ...

They never got less than 39% of FPVs between 1932 and 2007. They haven’t got higher than 24% since.

Significant reduction in Dublin.

A slight reduction on the 5 day moving average that correlates with the reduction nationwide.

Dublin still has a serious problem that hasn’t been addressed since September.

funnydoggy wrote: »
    I know case numbers don't mean everything and it's about trends etc. but it's lovely to see them lower, all the same :)

Well it would be if there was some sort of additional relaxation of restrictions to look forward to as a result of the falling cases, reduced hospitalisations, ICU reduction and increasing vaccinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Funny seeing Brian Cowen on Reeling in the Years thinking we could never end up with a dithering waster like that again....didn't take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

A slight reduction on the 5 day moving average that correlates with the reduction nationwide.

Yeah I may have overstated it have edited. Numbers still stubborn in coming down but hopefully walk-in centres starting to make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,918 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

18 deaths over four months in todays cases, jesus they are really clutching at straws now that the cases are low.

How is stating reported deaths as they are registered clutching at straws?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Dublin has a bigger population than the rest of Leinster combined. It also has about 1,500 people per sq km.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement