Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Dickie10

Great news on the numbers again, really is a joy to see them tumbling week on week. There only going one way now between vaccines and level 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Ireland’s deputy chief medical officer has urged parents of schoolchildren not organise playdates

Lets not forget this gem. No other government carries on with this boll*x.

Gem indeed!
    Difference between NPHET and government ?
    Not the same but don't let facts get in the way of the narrative , as you said in a previous post there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Far too many people in this country, including many on here, are no longer capable of seeing the wood from the trees

abundance of caution
    stillbirths linked to covid
    the next X weeks are crucial
    new variants
    70% more transmissible
    this is now a new virus

The list is endless, yet people just lap it up without challenging the narrative.

I genuinely wonder where the breaking point for the Irish people lies.
    Given that it took 800 years to rid ourselves of the British rule, I am not optimistic of seeing any mass civil disobedience within the next 5 years of Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

Danno wrote: »
    I genuinely wonder where the breaking point for the Irish people lies.
    Given that it took 800 years to rid ourselves of the British rule, I am not optimistic of seeing any mass civil disobedience within the next 5 years of Covid.

British colonial rule
    Apartheid
    The Nazis
    Stalin

I'd say we've more than covered the hysterical comparison bingo now?

Incidentally, I see the new Covid denier du jour Aisling O'Loughlin is unironically quoting Goebbels.

Not really a good idea to quote the actual master of Nazi propaganda if you want to win over sensible people.

I suppose one could reasonably say O'Loughlin has no intention whatsoever of winning over sensible people and is merely out to grift her way onto the grifting gravy train.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭NIAC Fanboy

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Gem indeed!
    Difference between NPHET and government ?
    Not the same but don't let facts get in the way of the narrative , as you said in a previous post there :pac:

I am referring to a government giving a medical advisor the stage to drone on about children meeting friends.

But you knew that.

Can you name any other country in the world where this kind of effort at micromanaging of society during covid happens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Dickie10 wrote: »
    Great news on the numbers again, really is a joy to see them tumbling week on week. There only going one way now between vaccines and level 5.

Sing it to me, Dickie. Spit on me, Dickie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Professor Liam Fanning, immunologist, laying out the blunt truth on Prime Time: "We have become risk adverse. If you were concerned about the potential risk of side effects with panadol, you wouldn't take it all."
    Why drive, tucked into a steak or even get out of the bed in the morning. The risk of harm is present however minuscule, we do it anyway without second thought. And a virtually non-existent risk of blood clotting in the wider population is an acceptable one, common sense must prevail and the vaccination programme continue apace.

This decision by NIAC is the biggest own goal yet in this pandemic. Why 60? Could they not have just said 50? They'd still have been very cautious like they want to be and it would just be as randomly picked as the 60 age limit was.

If they did pick 50, it would make the vaccine rollout changes easier tenfold while still being cautious. I also think if it was 50-69 for AZ vaccine they wouldn't feel nearly as singled out as the 60-69 group feel now. I actually don't blame them for being annoyed. People older get the 'better' vaccines and the people younger get the 'safer' vaccines, I can understand them thinking that it's like nobody cares if something happens to them, either a cloth or severe covid.

And the odd thing is when Karina Butler was explaining NIACs decision on radio shows today she kept mentioning the decision was partly due to supply of other vaccines. Well what if the same thing is decided with J&J? Will they change the age for both then to 50-69? How will the 50-59 group feel then. First basically telling them it's not worth the risk for them to use this vaccine and then to change their mind because we have a bunch of 'riskier' vaccines left over. It hardly helps with the confidence in the vaccines.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

And when a report came out that outdoor transmission was vastly lower than indoor transmission NPHET went straight into bat with the media to pour cold water on it.

They didn't pour cold water on outdoor transmission at all.

Ronan Glynn said outdoors is 85 times more safer than indoors, but said the data in that report came from the HSE's clusters reports, which relies on contact tracing two days back which is unwholely inadequte and unreliable data.

Also, they didn't 'go to bat with the media', Colm Henry and Ronan Glynn were both asked questions about it and responded.

Seriously you are just full of lies today. They're not even good lies, they're exceptionally sh*t and although there are enough people here to catch you out on those lies there are also plenty that will read that and want the pitchforks out without doing an ounce of research.

Is it any wonder this forum has gone to absolute **** when people are allowed to just post lies and misinformation in a bid to cause anger among very frustrated people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Also for a comparison to today.

13th April last year was the first date the daily 8pm hospital report was released.

Hospital numbers 8pm 13/04/2020
    Total 879
    ICU 144

Faugheen wrote: »

Ronan Glynn said outdoors is 85 times more safer than indoors, but said the data in that report came from the HSE's clusters reports, which relies on contact tracing two days back which is unwholely inadequte and unreliable data.

So Ronan Glynn came out and said that the HSE's own reports are, to use layman's language "crocks of sh1t" ?

If that's not pouring cold water on it I don't know what is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Also for a comparison to today.

13th April last year was the first date the daily 8pm hospital report was released.

Hospital numbers 8pm 13/04/2020
    Total 879
    ICU 144

Really??? Are you sure??? I didn’t think we had those numbers in lockdown 1...We had 879 in April last year 4 weeks in?? Damn! My memory is bad - era the last year is a blur....That means we are doing INCREDIBLY well so!

I thought there was a big story about us reaching 100 in hospital in Jan...Or maybe that was a 1,000....It was described as a watershed moment so to speak...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,376 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

NIAC are considering upping the Pfizer and moderna second dose interval to 12 weeks to account for the AZ shortfall apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭prunudo

Vicxas wrote: »
    NIAC are considering upping the Pfizer and moderna second dose interval to 12 weeks to account for the AZ shortfall apparently.

Thats all well and good, but please don't tie the opening of society to vaccine rollout or implement vaccine passports. I understand its a supply issue but we are being held in lockdown due to pharmaceutical companies over promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,092 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I am referring to a government giving a medical advisor the stage to drone on about children meeting friends.

But you knew that.

Can you name any other country in the world where this kind of effort at micromanaging of society during covid happens?

This from Germany looks much the same...

https://m.dw.com/en/covid-has-a-dramatic-impact-on-children/a-56459428

That is not what I said and that is not what he said.

Can't help lying can you? You should get help for that.

If you knew anything about contact tracing then you would know that those reports are unreliable because it only traces where disease was spread, not where it originated.

I don't know why I bother. You don't listen, you don't want any facts, you attribute quotes to people that weren't said and on top of all that, you are a compulsive bullsh*tter who completely ignores when people call you out on your lying.

You aren't even discussing in good faith. It's just lie after lie after lie after lie.

The only bullsh1tter is you.

NPHET described the report as misleading. So they dumbed down its relevance.

In lay man's language they poured cold water on it.

As soon as you don't get your way you retort to calling everyboby somebody else says a lie.

Very Donald Trump of you. Just start shouting abuse at people for saying something you don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

prunudo wrote: »
    Thats all well and good, but please don't tie the opening of society to vaccine rollout or implement vaccine passports. I understand its a supply issue but we are being held in lockdown due to pharmaceutical companies over promising.

So don't open up society until we have a critical mass or allow those vaccinated to live some form of a normal life? I don't see why we wouldn't allow those who are vaccinated to live a life somewhat more free. I won't be vaccinated for a long time but I won't begrudge those who are or feel that they should wait for me to join the party before they have a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

As soon as you don't get your way you retort to calling everyboby somebody else says a lie.

Very Donald Trump of you. Just start shouting abuse at people for saying something you don't like.

Don't insult the layman with your nonsense, the layman is miles above the quality of your posting and your "layman" terms.

Lumen wrote: »

Where in that article does it say the chief medical officer in Germany is actively out in the media discouraging play dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭prunudo

GooglePlus wrote: »
    So don't open up society until we have a critical mass or allow those vaccinated to live some form of a normal life? I don't see why we wouldn't allow those who are vaccinated to live a life somewhat more free. I won't be vaccinated for a long time but I won't begrudge those who are or feel that they should wait for me to join the party before they have a drink.

Really, so given that we have the majority of the vulnerable vaccinated, you will be happy to live in a two teir society, where vaccinated people can go for a pint but healthy people who generally aren't seriously affected if they contract covid must stay locked down.

Not only that, but your ability to enjoy other freedoms is dependent on pharmaceutical companies being true to their word and actually delivering what they promise. A case of you might get a vaccine in June, but sure we cant say so we'll get back to you. All the while hospital numbers are falling and completely manageable.

No, you’re just a compulsive liar. Maybe you shouldn’t lie so much if you’re going to be offended by being referred to as such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,092 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Where in that article does it say the chief medical officer in Germany is actively out in the media discouraging play dates?

Maybe the Germans are better at following instructions?

GooglePlus wrote: »

How are we supposed to open pubs for vaccinated when a lot of the bar staff would be unvaccinated?

Who do you think is going to be inspecting vaccine accreditation outside a nightclub, the bouncer?

Don't insult the rest of us with your nonsense, the rest of us are miles above the quality of your posting and your "simplistic" notions.

Lumen wrote: »
    Maybe the Germans are better at following instructions?

No link then. Thought so.

No, you’re just a compulsive liar. Maybe you shouldn’t lie so much if you’re going to be offended by being referred to as such.

NPHET dumbed down the report. Fact.

Maybe start debating what people say instead of dismissing everything you dont like by childishly attacking other peoples views as "compulsive liars" the whole time.

NPHET dumbed down the report. Fact.

Maybe start debating what people say instead of dismissing everything you dont like by childishly attacking other peoples views as "compulsive liars" the whole time.

They didn’t dumb down anything. They spoke in facts.

Those same observations were made on this very forum before Ronan Glynn said anything, because anybody who has the slightest clue about the inadequate contact tracing system can come to that same conclusion.

And you don’t have ‘an opposing view’, you make false statements. Your median age one yesterday is just the tip of the iceberg.

You also made clear that you don’t care about the facts. You demanded that trends of deaths be spoken about. When you were told this is already done and how you can find this out, you said you weren’t interested.

I’m not opposing your view, you’re being called out on your continuous bull**** since you ‘registered for the first time’.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They didn’t dumb down anything. They spoke in facts.

Those same observations were made on this very forum before Ronan Glynn said anything, because anybody who has the slightest clue about the inadequate contact tracing system can come to that same conclusion.

And you don’t have ‘an opposing view’, you make false statements. Your median age one yesterday is just the tip of the iceberg.

You also made clear that you don’t care about the facts. You demanded that trends of deaths be spoken about. When you were told this is already done and how you can find this out, you said you weren’t interested.

I’m not opposing your view, you’re being called out on your continuous bull**** since you ‘registered for the first time’.

Threads in bits.

They aren't even pretending to be connected to reality anymore.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Threads in bits.

They aren't even pretending to be connected to reality anymore.

It's those pesky flat earthers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hospitals now at 189 with 47 in ICU, lowest since mid-December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

is_that_so wrote: »
    Hospitals now at 189 with 47 in ICU, lowest since mid-December.

Wow . Cases really not translating into hospitalisations like before

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

NIAC Fanboy do not post in this thread again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement