Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

Corholio wrote: »
    'Leo waves donut at people'

'Oo I like you because you said words, all is forgiven'

It's a pretty tasty donut in fairness. Yum yum

Mmmmmm freedom

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Leo does a lot of kite-flying. I wouldn't trust him as far as I'd throw him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Faugheen wrote: »
    Leo does a lot of kite-flying. I wouldn't trust him as far as I'd throw him.

Finally we agree on something!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Multipass wrote: »
    2 weeks before they even consider them? Click and collect at a minimum needs to be right now, the pure stupidity at this stage. But sure what’s another 2 weeks of inactivity. Ugh.
    Next two weeks are crucial! Surely you know that by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

"We are defo going to reduce restrictions in two weeks. Two weeks is a long time though and it's dependent on cases, variants , the phase of the moon etc"

More caveats than a contract with Irish Medical Council. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

"We are defo going to reduce restrictions in two weeks. Two weeks is a long time though and it's dependent on cases, variants , the phase of the moon etc"

More caveats than a contract with Irish Medical Council. :pac:

Sure what else can they say? It's all dependent on the vaccine roll out and not opening up too quickly or letting some new variant in beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,498 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Eod100 wrote: »

Very Positive and please god there proper liftings

No targeting Hospitality and giving them stupid rules (€9 meal, time limits, wet pubs not allowed open etc)

Restrictions on travel also needs to be strongly thought about

No more talk of lockdowns returning and that

Tis a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

8 deaths.

(4 occurred in April, 2 in February and 2 in January or earlier)

309 new cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Apologies if already posted but super GP figures today. Each GP replying had on average 0.36 clinically likely covid cases yesterday. I think that's the best figure in 2021 so it really is in retreat at the moment. I can see sub 200 daily figures in the next fortnight on foot of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

From his tweet.

"4. National positivity 2.6%, though 8.3% in the community."

What does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Beautiful

Philip Nolan going through the modelling now, saying incidence is down among the upper cohorts of the 65+. First sign of the impact of vaccination in the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭zebastein

England and Portugal with similar level of covid have their outdoor restaurants and bars opened, Ireland has almost nothing.

That also shows why Italy is right to complain or at least request what the criteria for quarantine are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭celt262

zebastein wrote: »
    England and Portugal with similar level of covid have their outdoor restaurants and bars opened, Ireland has almost nothing.

That also shows why Italy is right to complain or at least request what the criteria for quarantine are.

How long have they both had them open?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

timmyntc wrote: »
    Varadkar only looks good as he is running circles around Martin - he knows what to say and when, however Leos word is worth nothing.

Dont forget him "looking out" for the people who get up early in the morning.

Ah just be happy ffs.

Leave personal politics aside for once.

We need positivity.

Nolan: “cases appear to be falling twice as quickly for age cohorts currently being vaccinated.”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Nolan: “cases appear to be falling twice as quickly for age cohorts currently being vaccinated.”

I might have misheard him but did he say a lot of that decrease is due to people in that age group limiting their social contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

With all the positive news and talk of easing restrictions it seems to me that we are taking our eye of the ball a little.
    The P1 varient appears to be widely taking over from the UK variant (B117) , hits younger people harder and vaccines do not seem to be as effective. Seems to be very little thought or mention of this going on, should we be concerned?

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1382242716667502594?s=20

https://twitter.com/rbclouston/status/1382731098095026178?s=20

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

I might have misheard him but did he say a lot of that decrease is due to people in that age group limiting their social contacts?

At the end? He was referring to all ages there I’m sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

celt262 wrote: »
    How long have they both had them open?

Did they ever close in Spain? Other than short regional lockdowns restaurants and bars have been open, with earlier closing times.

At the end? He was referring to all ages there I’m sure?

Yeah, you're probably right. I was a bit distracted as he was saying it and it seemed out of line with the rest of what he was saying so I assume I misheard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,256 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Considering how bad Portugal was in January (worse than Ireland), that is a remarkable turnaround for the country and they've started a phased opening of their economy and society.

Bars/restuarants (terraces), swimming pools, golf courses, group physical activity all allowed with more on the way on April 19th.

Good on them.

Better than the shítshow we have in Ireland.

Gabby here asking if J&J arrived into the country. Paul Reid said at the HSE briefing earlier that it had arrived before making an awfully bad joke about them being in quarantine which I shamefully giggled at.

Do these journalists not pay any attention to what’s going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Supercell wrote: »
    With all the positive news and talk of easing restrictions it seems to me that we are taking our eye of the ball a little.
    The P1 varient appears to be widely taking over from the UK variant (B117) , hits younger people harder and vaccines do not seem to be as effective. Seems to be very little thought or mention of this going on, should we be concerned?

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1382242716667502594?s=20

https://twitter.com/rbclouston/status/1382731098095026178?s=20

Vaccination's primary goal is to reduce deaths and hospital cases. If 50,000 people contracted covid and it was nothing more than a cold, then we'd be laughing. Elimination is not the goal of vaccination. It'd be brilliant. But not the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Considering how bad Portugal was in January (worse than Ireland), that is a remarkable turnaround for the country and they've started a phased opening of their economy and society.

Bars/restuarants (terraces), swimming pools, golf courses, group physical activity all allowed with more on the way on April 19th.

Good on them.

Better than the shítshow we have in Ireland.

Ya, I think they reopened stuff like hairdressers in March. Just shows how cowardly ours are in comparison.

Asking whether if J&J not being used here could set back the reopening. Could this eejit be any more transparent in fishing for a negative headline? We don't even know if it's going to be stopped here yet FFS.

Glynn well able for it in fairness to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭celt262

Did they ever close in Spain? Other than short regional lockdowns restaurants and bars have been open, with earlier closing times.

Maybe initially but there open a good while now.

• Advertisement

“I’m not fearing, or predicting, or warning. I’m hoping.”

Ronan Glynn has definitely had enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement