Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Edit: As above....not quick enough! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Still seeing high deaths due to big numbers early January and the fact you have months to register a death.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Appears the drop in hospital numbers are due to death

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

Larbre34 wrote: »
    20 deaths, 584 cases.

RIP.

Damn stubborn British variant. Lets hope Easter doesn't **** us altogether.

You should inform the UK of this oh so scary "British variant"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Gael23 wrote: »
    Appears the drop in hospital numbers are due to death

No it doesn't at all.

• Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭Tredstone.

Is it just me or is there a stark contrast between the leadership and communication being shown here and the UK ?

I appreciate there's a large BS element to the communications

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Bump in deaths along with big drop in ICU sure there’s a bit of correlation

11 of the deaths were from February and January and only being reported now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

What the hell are they at in Offaly..??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

UsBus wrote: »
    They may need bigger walk-ins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Well fortunately the "highly transmissible" UK variant has been rampant here for months, so we won't need to worry about this one because we will all have got the UK variant.

Lucky us.

There effectively different viruses captain doctor science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

UsBus wrote: »

Meat plants!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

Meat plants!

Probably And schools and a creche anyway. Any local knowledge here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Slide1.jpg
    Slide2.jpg
    Slide3.jpg
    Slide4.jpg
    Slide5.jpg
    Slide6.jpg
    Slide7.jpg
    Slide8.jpg
    Slide9.jpg
    Slide10.jpg
    Slide12.jpg
    Slide16.jpg

Meat plants!
    They have their own regular testing cycles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The priority for vaccination is HCW because they have to run the health service and are exposed to the virus at a higher rate than the general population.

Then it's the elderly and medically vulnerable. They are at the greatest risk for hospitalisation and death.

Teachers are not a medically vulnerable group. They are at no more of a risk to transmission than others or those that work in other essential services.

Teachers shouldn't skip the queue above people who are at a far greater risk of becoming critically ill or dying.

Tbf sales staff in Specsavers are being vaccinated. I'd consider teachers a higher priority than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

7 day average in cases 580. It was 500 last Friday. Big difference in testing this week compared to last week. 93,976 v 115,814

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Meat plants!

Kildare too.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭CoronaBlocker

Wouldn't you think that at least one of those teachers in Bray would have had the good grace to stand up and say "No lads - it's not our turn yet. There are still folks out there more vulnerable than us that need these jabs more. Our turn will come"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Then they simply wouldn't send their kids to school. 20 teachers being vaccinated will have a minimal impact on whether their kids will be exposed. they will be interacting with multiple times more kids than teachers.

True but a bit of a coincidence that the kids of the CEO of the hospital happen to attend that very school.

Watching that Netflix documentary about the college admissions scandal. Big daddy CEO would be in a bit of bother state side.

Classic quid pro quo can't be ruled out. It's interesting with the leaving cert being decided by teachers rather than exam for some pupils this year.

It shouldn't have happened and it makes a mockery of all the old and vulnerable still waiting to be vaccinated.

I do think teachers should be given it as soon as possible given their exposure but this smells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Wouldn't you think that at least one of those teachers in Bray would have had the good grace to stand up and say "No lads - it's not our turn yet. There are still folks out there more vulnerable than us that need these jabs more. Our turn will come"?

Presumably one of them, or one who wasn't in the magic 20, blew the whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

True but a bit of a coincidence that the kids of the CEO of the hospital happen to attend that very school.

Watching that Netflix documentary about the college admissions scandal. Big daddy CEO would be in a bit of bother state side.

Classic quid pro quo can't be ruled out. It's interesting with the leaving cert being decided by teachers rather than exam for some pupils this year.

It shouldn't have happened and it makes a mockery of all the old and vulnerable still waiting to be vaccinated.

I do think teachers should be given it as soon as possible given their exposure but this smells.

If the vaccines are property of the state (or HSE or whomever) then Mr CEO should be done for theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭rodders999

These are the Tarquin’s and Rupert’s of this world and would have been indignant that they weren’t top priority to begin with, what with Fergus being a barrister and chairman of the golf club to boot.

They’d certainly have no qualms of jumping the queue ahead of the great unwashed.

Tally Ho!

Normal One wrote: »
    If the vaccines are property of the state (or HSE or whomever) then Mr CEO should be done for theft.
    Neither he nor the Beacon stole them. There were used as expected to vaccinate people, but a very small number of people were done way out of turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Almost everyone who wants a vaccine will take it if offered... I'd say there are very very few people honest or good enough to say "No thanks, I'll wait, its not my turn yet". I'll be very honest and say I'd jump at the chance for a needle in the arm in those situations. That said, I did get mine back in January as HCW.

Almost everyone who wants a vaccine will take it if offered... I'd say there are very very few people honest or good enough to say "No thanks, I'll wait, its not my turn yet". I'll be very honest and say I'd jump at the chance for a needle in the arm in those situations. That said, I did get mine back in January as HCW.
    I have seen posters say they would trample over their elderly relatives to get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

Tredstone. wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there a stark contrast between the leadership and communication being shown here and the UK ?

Yes.

UK - can't believe anything they say
    Ireland - can't believe they'll do anything

Polar101 wrote: »
    Yes.

UK - can't believe anything they say
    Ireland - can't believe they'll do anything

UK - gap between saying and doing is narrowing
    Ireland - expectation of doing anything is falling

https://www.axios.com/wuhan-lab-coronavirus-cdc-director-c599cf7b-9e30-4314-909b-a9bdac28ead6.html

so this EX CDC head thinks this was indeed designed and "escaped"

• Advertisement

rusty cole wrote: »
    https://www.axios.com/wuhan-lab-coronavirus-cdc-director-c599cf7b-9e30-4314-909b-a9bdac28ead6.html

so this EX CDC head thinks this was indeed designed and "escaped"
    It also quickly states he has nothing but an opinion. Man has form in making things up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement