Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

• Registered Users Posts: 15,376 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

And people a few months ago were wondering why India's deaths and cases were plummeting. All it takes is one variant change to wreak havoc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

it was all going so well.... variant that wasn't causing much issues, people hailing it at another Sweden... it's a shame viruses tend to mutate to get round local immunity ...

no wait, it was the folks of the great reset introducing it to meet their agenda, that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Vicxas wrote: »
    And people a few months ago were wondering why India's deaths and cases were plummeting. All it takes is one variant change to wreak havoc.

That's right. Looks like they are under reporting a lot too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I’ve been wondering how poor areas like India and Africa appear to of been relatively doing ok in terms of official numbers. The only surprising thing for me has been that it’s taken this long for something like this to happen.

Perhaps climate (outdoors more) and the fact that these countries people may have much stronger immune systems to the more sensitive/pampered western countries has helped. Or perhaps they haven’t the ability to properly record and report accurate numbers. And maybe ther virus needed to mutate to a variant that moves easier in the environment in this country.

As I understand it, this could be a threat to everybody. Not necessarily from an end of World POV, but it could potentially throw a spanner in our vaccine works. Let’s hope the pharma company’s can make the changes needed as different variants create new problems. I’m still optimistic but this sort of stuff shows why caution is prudent. Nobody can predict exactly how this CoVid rollercoaster is gonna play out.

I was only chatting today with my son at how hopelessly unprepared the world was for COVID and how much the majority ignored and downplayed it’s significance because they didn’t want to believe it. It didn’t suit them to believe it. I can see similar mistakes being made, hopefully it’s not as damaging as under estimating the virus in the first place.

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’ve been wondering how poor areas like India and Africa appear to of been relatively doing ok in terms of official numbers. The only surprising thing for me has been that it’s taken this long for something like this to happen.

Perhaps climate (outdoors more) and the fact that these countries people may have much stronger immune systems to the more sensitive/pampered western countries has helped. Or perhaps they haven’t the ability to properly record and report accurate numbers. And maybe ther virus needed to mutate to a variant that moves easier in the environment in this country.

As I understand it, this could be a threat to everybody. Not necessarily from an end of World POV, but it could potentially throw a spanner in our vaccine works. Let’s hope the pharma company’s can make the changes needed as different variants create new problems. I’m still optimistic but this sort of stuff shows why caution is prudent. Nobody can predict exactly how this CoVid rollercoaster is gonna play out.

I was only chatting today with my son at how hopelessly unprepared the world was for COVID and how much the majority ignored and downplayed it’s significance because they didn’t want to believe it. It didn’t suit them to believe it. I can see similar mistakes being made, hopefully it’s not as damaging as under estimating the virus in the first place.

Not necessarily from an end of the world point of view? Do you think it's a possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

If the term "end of the world" has seriously entered your mind at this stage when talking about covid then I think it's time to get off the internet.

Exactly. I don't think any logical minded person can really believe we are looking at a potentially end of the world scenario here. That's why I was surprised at Drumpot's use of the words "not necessarily". While there are few certainties with this pandemic I can think we can safely replace the "not necessarily" with "definitely not".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

titan18 wrote: »
    Biggest issue is they've changed from that plan and used the higher the age the bigger the risk justification to remove teachers, guards etc.

If you're looking at breaking transmission, they should be getting vaccinated first as if they get it, are far likelier than anyone else atm of creating a cluster.

On the original plan, it would have been ok as I can justify you're targeting transmission a lot easier with the other cohorts above the general age one. You can't now at all imo.

Agree with you on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

titan18 wrote: »
    Biggest issue is they've changed from that plan and used the higher the age the bigger the risk justification to remove teachers, guards etc.

If you're looking at breaking transmission, they should be getting vaccinated first as if they get it, are far likelier than anyone else atm of creating a cluster.

On the original plan, it would have been ok as I can justify you're targeting transmission a lot easier with the other cohorts above the general age one. You can't now at all imo.

Would they not have done some computer statistical analysis on the population as how to break transmission and roll out in accordance with the results? Especially as the most vulnerable have been largely done now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

If it's not over in India, then it's not over in world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Covid is quite bad in France yet a french rugby team are free from MHQ

Can someone explain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,015 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users Posts: 14,418 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Can someone explain ?

tested at least twice a week and should be in a bubble for womens six nations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

tested at least twice a week and should be in a bubble for womens six nations

But everyone else has a negative test arriving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Jizique

Can someone explain ?

Leinster have a European cup to win

If the term "end of the world" has seriously entered your mind at this stage when talking about covid then I think it's time to get off the internet.

Actually I was saying that in a anticipation of others interpreting my post negatively. Ironic, as you have managed to wrongly project your interpretation of my post as some sort of doomsday mindset.

I reject the hostility, Why are you insulting my post?

Not necessarily from an end of the world point of view? Do you think it's a possibility?

No, I was actually trying to anticipate some of the more sensitive souls in this forum that can’t handle any sort of balanced view on the topic. Some people either think too negatively or positively and a lot of people can handle news if it’s bad.

Spent the whole day chilling out in my back garden , reading a book. And then I read some of the nonsense from posters in here who stupidly think I’m fearing for the end of the world. Thank you for at least asking me to clarify.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Can someone explain ?

Leinster have a game in France in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Another country with a far right government, just like Brazil. The far right have managed to kill millions of their own people via bad governance in the US, Brazil and now India.

• Advertisement

Can someone explain ?

They are going airport to hotel to pitch to hotel to airport

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

They are going airport to hotel to pitch to hotel to airport

Luckily the Irish team weren't able to get close enough to them to catch anything off them today

Exactly. I don't think any logical minded person can really believe we are looking at a potentially end of the world scenario here. That's why I was surprised at Drumpot's use of the words "not necessarily". While there are few certainties with this pandemic I can think we can safely replace the "not necessarily" with "definitely not".

If you wanted me to explain the context , you could of just asked and allowed me to respond. I don’t absorb myself in COVID or this forum so wasn’t keeping up with the thread. Those of you who do, might consider reflecting on this.

Im not sure it’s me that needs a break from the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

We're in this together whether we like it or not. Tackle it and bring it to the ground. Roll om the roll out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Actually I was saying that in a anticipation of others interpreting my post negatively. Ironic, as you have managed to wrongly project your interpretation of my post as some sort of doomsday mindset.

I reject the hostility, Why are you insulting my post?

I assume most would've interpreted it in the same way that I did. But apologies nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭redarmy

4 additional deaths
    420 new confirmed cases

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Its good to see that the government kept the essentials available from day one (takeaways & alcohol) yet people have been banned from even buying clothes in some places

I assume most would've interpreted it in the same way that I did. But apologies nonetheless

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Age mostly I would have thought. Their case numbers are likely understated as well which will make the death rate look higher too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement