Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Not sure if this was posted yet but the Mail on Sunday has a bit on when restrictions will be eased.

https://twitter.com/leeofthemail/status/1383705532645601281

KoU9JQ9.png

When are the North reopening hospitality?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,405 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Not sure if this was posted yet but the Mail on Sunday has a bit on when restrictions will be eased.

KoU9JQ9.png

is that their own take or from some authoritative source?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I'm 60, the portal should be open within next two days for me to sign up. Will take my chances with AZ, get on with living if I survive it :pac:

60 year olds would be about another week, as it's one year group per day with 65s tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Stheno wrote: »
    When are the North reopening hospitality?

Outdoors from 30th April and indoors potentially then from 24th May by the looks of things. If the MoS one is close to right, it seems we're about three ish weeks behind them in reopening

Based on this https://www.thejournal.ie/northern-ireland-stormont-easing-restrictions-5410324-Apr2021/

lawred2 wrote: »
    is that their own take or from some authoritative source?

They cite a 'cabinet minister', so apply the usual caveats for leaks etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Outdoors from 30th April and indoors potentially then from 24th May by the looks of things. If the MoS one is close to right, it seems we're about three ish weeks behind them in reopening

Based on this https://www.thejournal.ie/northern-ireland-stormont-easing-restrictions-5410324-Apr2021/

Is it not six weeks for outdoor that we will be behind if they open April 30th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Is it not six weeks for outdoor that we will be behind if they open April 30th?

Christ, you're right. Forgot about May tbh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Yes , I re wound the news last night to double check and he said 60 and over by end of may

Apologises I gave an incorrect answer earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

KoU9JQ9.png

If that is true, it's a bit of a strange move opening outdoor dining in the second week of June and then saying they will open up to indoor the following week. Surely not worth the hassle for most businesses to set up for outdoor dining if they can just wait another week for indoor to be allowed. They should really allow for outdoor from the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

If that is true, it's a bit of a strange move opening outdoor dining in the second week of June and then saying they will open up to indoor the following week. Surely not worth the hassle for most businesses to set up for outdoor dining if they can just wait another week for indoor to be allowed. They should really allow for outdoor from the end of May.

Agree it makes no sense to open outdoor dining for 1 week only. If they are not prepared to oen outdoor in early may just open indoor in June and be done with it.

June Bank Holiday m'dear :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

June Bank Holiday m'dear :pac:

They really seem to have a thing against bank holidays. Ha Do they think people will go bananas just because they might have an extra day off work?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

KoU9JQ9.png
    The government have already said that they will have a roadmap for June and July, what is left for July?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Eod100 wrote: »
    They really seem to have a thing against bank holidays. Ha Do they think people will go bananas just because they might have an extra day off work?!

Are they wrong?

hynesie08 wrote: »
    The government have already said that they will have a roadmap for June and July, what is left for July?

Relax wfh, start opening up outdoor events like attendance at matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Are they wrong?

Can't see how 1 extra day makes a huge difference tbh! People and businesses well used to following rules at this stage. People have built up lot of holidays and with working from home could take days off anyway or work after a few the night before. Think it's a bit patronising if it's actual motivated by idea people have no self control and treating them like children tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Yeah, says on the graphic full reopening of society complete in June week 4. I’d be very surprised. Hopefully I’m wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

That Mail on Sunday timetable has to be pulled out of the journos backside. It actually doesn't make a bit of sense.

Open click and collect for one week, and then open all retail before any impact of the first measure is known? Open outdoor dining (and making premises adhere to it for ONE week!) and then indoor a week later, again before the impact of the first measure is known.

If the are going to open them so close together, they will just open all retail together and then all dining together. If they are going to open click and collect before indoor retail and outdoor before indoor dining there will be a number of weeks between the two steps eg: click and collect May week 1, all retail May week 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

saabsaab wrote: »
    Why worry about Covid either pre 2020? It is likely that a 'bad' version will happen in places where it is out of control and high population. Let's hope the vaccines put a stop before it can happen but the news from India is worrying.
    News from India says two mutations, nothing more. Other scariants have had two mutations. 750,000 variants and counting but sure there is one bad one coming! Really can't help feeling you're just willing one to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Benimar wrote: »
    That Mail on Sunday timetable has to be pulled out of the journos backside. It actually doesn't make a bit of sense.

Open click and collect for one week, and then open all retail before any impact of the first measure is known? Open outdoor dining (and making premises adhere to it for ONE week!) and then indoor a week later, again before the impact of the first measure is known.

If the are going to open them so close together, they will just open all retail together and then all dining together. If they are going to open click and collect before indoor retail and outdoor before indoor dining there will be a number of weeks between the two steps eg: click and collect May week 1, all retail May week 4.

During June, each week that passes will mean a huge number of extra people vaccinated. So, you could make sense of it that way. There isn't enough time left between now and the end of June to stagger the release of restrictions so that we know their full impact before we move to releasing the next restriction.

I think it's a certainty that indoor dining is opened at end of June (or thereabouts), barring some complete disaster with vaccine rollout.

saabsaab wrote: »
    An Ellis island for Ireland. Pity we don't have one but perhaps we do.
    Actually find posts like this more than a bit disturbing - a heady mixture of "I'm not racist but" with a topping of the Milgram experiment. You'd turn it up to 12 if you could.

• Advertisement

Thanks. What a terrible design that these situations arise where a 70+ frontline worker who is referring people for covid tests cant even get a vaccine. The HSE is not fit for purpose.
    Well if they contact the HSE directly they can confirm whether that is true! The portal was planned for booking 69 and under. Everything else is the HSE and GPs.

I thought the B.1.617 variant was still a variant of interest rather than a variant of concern
    Most media reports tend to say a new variant and just let people's imagination do the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think it's a certainty that indoor dining is opened at end of June (or thereabouts), barring some complete disaster with vaccine rollout.

I wouldn’t share your optimism tbh. It’s definitely possible indoor dining will open at the end of June, but I wouldn’t class it as a certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,498 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Clutching at straws here but with that plan we might get 3Arena shows near the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Shoe shops and clothes shops, thats all the retail thats closed now as far as i can see, am i missing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,376 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Shoe shops and clothes shops, thats all the retail thats closed now as far as i can see, am i missing anything?

Toy shops. Oh lord roll on the day they reopen

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭zebastein

Furniture shop like IKEA, mattress Mick...

Sports shop (Decathlon, running shops...)
    Health and beauty which are not a pharmacist (L'Occitane...)
    Toy shops
    Small specialty shop (Haberdashery...)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

Benimar wrote: »

Sure they did the same with schools. They were only one week into their ‘phased reopening’ when they announced that the senior classes in primary were safe to return.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Clutching at straws here but with that plan we might get 3Arena shows near the end of the year

We should have the population fully vaccinated by mid summer.

No reason not to open up indoor concerts in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Nice Sunday numbers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement