Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

blade1 wrote: »
    I betcha 50% haven't refused it.

I'd say the missing 50% might be quite happy to have a vaccination but all things being equal, not the vaccine being offered. May be better to wait, number of cases and hospitalisations declining, summer coming in - until more supplies of the MRNA vaccines come in. Why settle for a Lada and then have to upgrade in a few months when you can wait and get the Rolls? Who wants to take more vaccines than needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Dermot224 wrote: »
    Only 50% of 69 to 65 year old have registered for vaccine.
    Not great if half this age group refusing it.

Wouldn't a certain percentage of this age group be already vaccinated whether they be frontline workers or under the category with serious underlying conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Numbers were stagnant for a good while. The lowering of late must be the vaccines starting to kick in.

I would say so. Look at Israel's numbers with only 50% or so with 2 doses

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

They haven't refused it. They just haven't registered online. They have been told that it's not first come first serviced but will be strictly by age. They'll be registering next week as well,

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    They haven't refused it. They just haven't registered online. They have been told that it's not first come first serviced but will be strictly by age. They'll be registering next week as well,

Yep,my neighbours have to still register,they are both very healthy for their age,they are in no panic to get the vaccine but WILL get it. The wife said she would register the two of them some day this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Also the one age per day will have slowed up registration a bit, better to wait until all ages within the group are able to register before drawing any early conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Yep,my neighbours have to still register,they are both very healthy for their age,they are in no panic to get the vaccine but WILL get it. The wife said she would register the two of them some day this week.

Yes. Agreed.
    About your q regarding the age groups I would have thought it was independent of high risk and other groups. Majority of healthcare workers would be under 65.. Although some not!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Plenty of movers and shakers about in the 60-70 age bracket. For example, wonder what vaccine Michael O'Leary or Michéal Martin will be taking or have taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Furze99 wrote: »
    I'd say the missing 50% might be quite happy to have a vaccination but...

For some, the reason might be related to the report in national media that
    "The Irish authorities don’t have the IT to track customers who have received the vaccines. They have no verification system."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

boardise wrote: »
    At least the authorities got the golf right .
    Can you imagine what the numbers would be like if we had courses full of two ball groups -classic super spreader events with players spraying aerosols all over the place ,kissing and hugging in the car park and infecting half the parish on the way home.
    Thank goodness our enlightened leaders held the line on this one.

Know some golfers and had a good laugh at this portrayal :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

boardise wrote: »
    At least the authorities got the golf right .
    Can you imagine what the numbers would be like if we had courses full of two ball groups -classic super spreader events with players spraying aerosols all over the place ,kissing and hugging in the car park and infecting half the parish on the way home.
    Thank goodness our enlightened leaders held the line on this one.

them and the Bowls club...scum, no thoughts for anyone else

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

RTE News at Nine reporting that by moving the dosing interval for the mRNA vaccines could see us with 80% given a first shot by the end of May, and that as a result they are looking at close to a full reopening by the end of June.

I nearly fell off the sofa seeing that grade of positivity on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭blackcard

65 year olds not due to start registering until tomorrow, today is the first day for 66 year olds registering, relax

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

marno21 wrote: »
    RTE News at Nine reporting that by moving the dosing interval for the mRNA vaccines could see us with 80% given a first shot by the end of May, and that as a result they are looking at close to a full reopening by the end of June.

Stand-in Sunday Duty Editor not on message ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Someone's getting sacked in the morning I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

So someone has hacked RTÉ? Interesting

80% of adult population +16 with first dose would be down to around age 33 with first dose. Doing it roughly in my head so don't take as fact ha.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

80% of adult population +16 with first dose would be down to around age 33 with first dose. Doing it roughly in my head so don't take as fact ha.

I’d say younger because you can’t assume 100% uptake.
    Plus it’ll be blocks e.g. 25-34 by then because risk makes bigger groups more viable.

I’d say younger because you can’t assume 100% uptake.
    Plus it’ll be blocks e.g. 25-34 by then because risk makes bigger groups more viable.

Yeah. I just thought about uptake after I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Dickie10

this day two weeks ago was Easter Sunday, we should be seeing some increase on cases from then by now surely? we didnt get any bump in cases from Paddys day either? if we get through this week without increase in cases we will have escaped easter without any bump in cases , i think in our most positive predictions we wouldnt have believed that. I still think it will be august before we see pubs or hotels open serving alchol. August 9th is a monday , bank holiday weekend is gone and may give us 2-3 weeks staycation before schools go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Dickie10 wrote: »
    this day two weeks ago was Easter Sunday, we should be seeing some increase on cases from then by now surely? we didnt get any bump in cases from Paddys day either? if we get through this week without increase in cases we will have escaped easter without any bump in cases , i think in our most positive predictions we wouldnt have believed that. I still think it will be august before we see pubs or hotels open serving alchol. August 9th is a monday , bank holiday weekend is gone and may give us 2-3 weeks staycation before schools go back.

True enough. Depending on the roll out pace we could see openings end of June or maybe covid friendly pub opening in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

Probably only in my life circle but anecdotally im hearing of a lot more people I know testing positive meanwhile the numbers are lowest in months, strange.

saabsaab wrote: »
    True enough. Depending on the roll out pace we could see openings end of June or maybe covid friendly pub opening in some areas.

What is a covid friendly pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Dickie10

couldnt see june happening. if NYPHET have their way they would aim to lock up pubs again in November for flu season or general health of population, put it down to reducing our alchol intake or something, they would try having mandatory dry novembers and dry januarys enforced !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

one that welcomes covid in for a few beers with the boys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Dickie10 wrote: »

August for pubs or hotels

Wow that's a bleak prediction

I think once everyone over 40 has been offered a dose it should just be then offered completely open to everyone over 16. At that stage you'd hope the supply is rolling in and it won't make too much difference in what order it happens.

What is a covid friendly pub?

If you have the vaccine you can get in.

saabsaab wrote: »
    If you have the vaccine you can get in.

Vaccine passports to get into a pub? Will get a vaccine but won't be supporting any business that requires a passport to enter?

• Advertisement

Vaccine passports to get into a pub? Will get a vaccine but won't be supporting any business that requires a passport to enter?

Might need them for travel anyway and what if no others are open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement