Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Just got a call to be vaccinated tomorrow. :)

I'm youngish (early thirties) and I don't have any of the qualifying underlying conditions, but I have an underlying condition that seriously compromises my immune system, which my GP says leaves me at high risk, so that's why I got the call. I didn't expect I'd be vaccinated til late summer so I'm over the moon.

Shocked though because my relative (same GP) has more than one qualifying condition and no call.

Just to update this, I was given my first dose this morning. Easy, well run by my GP too. Fifteen minute wait to make sure I was fine, then off to work, not a bother bar a sore arm and slight headache. Dose 2 can't come quickly enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

456 swabs
    2.52% positivity rate.

Not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭blowitupref

456 swabs
    2.52% positivity rate.

Not bad
    Nearly choked on my soup when I checked today's data.

Screenshot-20210422-153055-2.png
    [/url]

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Quick question as the portal for 60-64 year olds is due to open

If you've recently had covid can you request a vaccine ? I was told one month .

If you wait one month how do you get one ? Can you apply with other age cohorts even though you will be outside of that age bracket ?

That’s a good question. I would imagine there will be a question about recent COVID?

Give your GP a shout. They might have an idea or fill in the form and see if it’s there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Faugheen wrote: »
    That’s a good question. I would imagine there will be a question about recent COVID?

Give your GP a shout. They might have an idea or fill in the form and see if it’s there.

It's not for me but yeah I think the GP will be the person to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 7,093 ✭✭✭pauldry

God numbers almost stationary.

Will they ever just feck off

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

I've heard of no one where I live having Covid in quite a few months but there's been quite a few people testing positive in the last week or so. The vast majority of them are stemming from schools (with entire year groups being sent home) and also heard of a group of lads being infected by someone that travelled over from England.

pauldry wrote: »

They're going nowhere fast, good news is that they will cease to matter soon. Two metrics that are important: hospitalisations and ICU admissions. These are steadily falling away courtesy of vaccines, as are the excuses for keeping Ireland in lockdown. You could have 1,000 cases daily, provided there is no strain placed on our health service then the jig is truly up. Memo to NPHET and the government: stop faffing about and reopen entire country by late June. Enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,093 ✭✭✭pauldry

Theres always going to be cases but once deaths are eradicated we can go back to a little more normalness.

Though that wont be for at least 4 months as they countback deaths from months ago.

Today theyll probably countback someone from the 1921 Spanish Flu pandemic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

pauldry wrote: »

I guess it's some consolation that numbers are basically stationary (slightly decreasing) despite restrictions being lowered a small bit.

That said, I fully echo your sentiment in bold. :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I see Intel reporting an outbreak of Covid-19 on their construction site in Leixlip....'approximately 70 cases'.

I wonder will they appear in Kildare figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I see Intel reporting an outbreak of Covid-19 on their construction site in Leixlip....'approximately 70 cases'.

one individual company or all over the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

one individual company or all over the site?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.rte.ie/amp/1211470/

• Registered Users Posts: 86,861 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DOCARCH wrote: »

Intel confirms an outbreak on its construction site. 70 positive cases but number is fluid at the moment. Over 4,000 workers on the site which remains open. The company says additional testing is being carried out at the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Good numbers considering theirs over 70 combined in a school in Nenagh and Intel Leixlip. Positivity rate reassuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

wadacrack wrote: »
    Good numbers considering theirs over 70 combined in a school in Nenagh and Intel Leixlip. Positivity rate reassuring.

Its more because there is said to be 70 in leixlip and 20 (admitted)- probablly downplayed) in the Nenagh school but there are more in other schools in nenagh and borrisokane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

frank8211 wrote: »
    Its more because there is said to be 70 in leixlip and 20 (admitted)- probablly downplayed) in the Nenagh school but there are more in other schools in nenagh and borrisokane

I did say over 70 as nothing confirmed in the schools

It'll be more in Tipp, I don't live there but know people from there and appearently it's linked back to a party

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Intel confirms an outbreak on its construction site. 70 positive cases but number is fluid at the moment. Over 4,000 workers on the site which remains open. The company says additional testing is being carried out at the site.

Additional testing?
    Hasn't been any testing on the site since I've been there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Additional testing?
    Hasn't been any testing on the site since I've been there.
    Think it means the construction site and not the whole thing. RTE sure broke out the giant red BREAKING for this one though!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

It'll be more in Tipp, I don't live there but know people from there and appearently it's linked back to a party

Testing programme in place after Covid-19 outbreaks at two Nenagh schools
    A Covid-19 testing programme is being introduced at two Nenagh schools after outbreaks of the virus.

Tipp FM understands that Sixth Year students at Nenagh CBS are self isolating after multiple cases were detected among students this week.

Fifth year students have also been advised to remain at home, but other students and staff not deemed close contacts are still attending the school.

St Mary’s Secondary School has also confirmed that it’s working with the HSE while a public health risk assessment is being carried out relating to Covid-19 cases.

The school also remains open to students and staff not deemed close contacts of positive cases.

(Tipp FM)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Wow. 4.8% of people arriving from India into the UK between 25 March and 7 April tested positive.

All had negative PCR negative test before departure.

https://twitter.com/BWDDPH/status/1384932561701441539?s=20

Testing programme in place after Covid-19 outbreaks at two Nenagh schools
    A Covid-19 testing programme is being introduced at two Nenagh schools after outbreaks of the virus.

Tipp FM understands that Sixth Year students at Nenagh CBS are self isolating after multiple cases were detected among students this week.

Fifth year students have also been advised to remain at home, but other students and staff not deemed close contacts are still attending the school.

St Mary’s Secondary School has also confirmed that it’s working with the HSE while a public health risk assessment is being carried out relating to Covid-19 cases.

The school also remains open to students and staff not deemed close contacts of positive cases.

(Tipp FM)

Yeah I read it.

Outbreak appearently is traced back to a party which is how there's a few schools impacted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

is_that_so wrote: »
    Think it means the construction site and not the whole thing. RTE sure broke out the giant red BREAKING for this one though!

I've been working on the construction site for a while. There's no testing or temperature checks. Impossible to adhere to social distancing half the time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

SURGE!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

617 cases and 10 deaths. Believe there was a backlog there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭thebiglad

TheDoctor wrote: »
    SURGE!!!!!!

Anyone hear Leo on Newstalk between 4.30 and 5pm talking about the R number increasing and concerns.

Sounds like they are building up to roll back on some of the restriction easing for May.

We all feel happy seeing positivity rate and numbers stable, hospital reducing - not our politicians.

Let's see what next week brings

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭titan18

thebiglad wrote: »
    Anyone hear Leo on Newstalk between 4.30 and 5pm talking about the R number increasing and concerns.

Sounds like they are building up to roll back on some of the restriction easing for May.

We all feel happy seeing positivity rate and numbers stable, hospital reducing - not our politicians.

Let's see what next week brings

Increasing cos the schools went back most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭thebiglad

titan18 wrote: »
    Increasing cos the schools went back most likely.

I think most posters here would agree, but sounds like there is some concern in government creeping in which may put brakes on things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement