Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2021/0424/1211834-spain-covid-assault/

Scumbag goes around with symptoms and infects people. Going as far as taunting people in his office pulling his mask down and saying "I am going to infect you with Corona"

Utter scumbag. Reckon there's been a lot of people not caring they had it and still going about. Let's be realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2021/0424/1211834-spain-covid-assault/

Scumbag goes around with symptoms and infects people. Going as far as taunting people in his office pulling his mask down and saying "I am going to infect you with Corona"

Utter scumbag. Reckon there's been a lot of people not caring they had it and still going about. Let's be realistic.

I hope he gets what's coming to him, same with the scumbag who spat at the British Rail worker last year in the UK where she subsequently died from the virus a few weeks later.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I hope he gets what's coming to him, same with the scumbag who spat at the British Rail worker last year in the UK where she subsequently died from the virus a few weeks later.

Regarding the London incident, subsequent investigations concluded that she didn't die as a result of the incident so no charges were pressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

User1998 wrote: »
    I’d say your great crack at partys

People that say this are very often self described ‘mad lads’ who ‘love a bit of banter’.

Last person you need to meet at a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    5 additional deaths - 461 new cases.

Looks like a backlog building last two days

• Advertisement

Listening to Newstalk earlier and the news headline was "Record number of people vaccinated in one day! 41000 people vaccinated yesterday!"

Sounds good. Then you remember that in January the UK were able to do half a million vaccines a day and realise that as usual it's just paddy patting himself on the back for doing nothing special.

Just imagine where we could be if we had competent leadership.

That is more per capita than your example. The equivalent to 500k there would be around 37k.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

robbiezero wrote: »
    Who knows what could happen if we tried stunts like letting people collect stuff in shops or wing it by letting people meet in their gardens. We would be like India inside a week without a doubt

Another amazing collection of things which were never said ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

So far this week Sat 24 - Sun 18th 3215 positive swabs 115,541 tests

Sat 17th - Sun 11th 2781 positive swabs 101,261 tests

So 434 more positive swabs but 14,280 more tests

15.60% more positive swabs

14.10% more tests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

This week compared to last week.

340 more cases and 429 more positive swabs from 13,386 extra tests carried out

12 fewer reported deaths (55 v 43)
    21 fewer in hospital
    4 fewer in ICU
    161,566 more vaccines administered

• Registered Users Posts: 38,599 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Vicxas wrote:
    Stable despite schools being back, and construction open
    Takes 10 days minimum for changes to show up in the numbers. Hopefully they don't go back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭blackcard

Where can you get the county figures on a Saturday or a Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Pandiculation

Great to see the Gards tweeting about how they'll be patrolling outdoor beauty spots this sunny weekend. Good to know that the best way of avoiding them would be to meet people indoors.

Yeah it’s illogical. Saw them clearing extremely well socially distanced people sitting a quayside on an extremely breezy day and in Cork which has extremely low case numbers. Cannot see how this is high risk behaviour. It makes no sense.

Some of this stuff is just becoming seriously lacking in any common sense.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

robbiezero wrote: »
    Who knows what could happen if we tried stunts like letting people collect stuff in shops or wing it by letting people meet in their gardens. We would be like India inside a week without a doubt

You have a real desire to attribute statements that were never said.

Scare-mongering at it's finest, here.

"A decision is due on the J&J vaccine at some stage next week". Of course it is...not today, tomorrow or on Monday. Where is the urgency? Let's dawdle and keep people locked away for longer.

Yeah it’s illogical. Saw them clearing extremely well socially distanced people sitting a quayside on an extremely breezy day and in Cork which has extremely low case numbers. Cannot see how this is high risk behaviour. It makes no sense.

It's not about sensible people with a bit of cop on who know how to act, it's about protecting everybody from those who don't know how to act.
    It's the reason we have laws about drink driving for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have deleted my prior comments, as in hindsight they were inappropriate and needless. I apologise for causing any offence, and didn't mean to strike a nerve.

On a completely more positive note, it's great to see people milling about outdoors in the good weather. Coupled with the record number of vaccines being administered yesterday, it definitely isn't as dark as it felt in January-February.

"A decision is due on the J&J vaccine at some stage next week". Of course it is...not today, tomorrow or on Monday. Where is the urgency? Let's dawdle and keep people locked away for longer.
    Well all I can tell you about J and J is that those brothers don't fill me with confidence. I'm not surprised that there's question marks over their vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

That's unbelievable

We have 14,000 J&J in storage

That's 14,000 extra people we could have vaccinated in a week

Pathetically slow from NIAC

Not like the entire country is waiting on vaccination program when it's linked to easing of restriction

Monday should be long enough for them to make decisions

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well all I can tell you about J and J is that those brothers don't fill me with confidence. I'm not surprised that there's question marks over their vaccine.

I take it you got a cotton bud stuck in your ear at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Vicxas wrote: »
    Stable despite schools being back, and construction open

Small blip to the numbers. Outbreak of 85 on the Intel construction site reported Friday (was 70) Not sure do they get added as an outbreak or with regular case numbers?

• Advertisement

On what basis can they tell socially distanced people to move? We are allowed to meet another household outside. I’d be politely reminding them of the Covid rules and pointing out the distance between me and the next group

I guess it’s just back to never going outside again mode.

Honestly, I will be emigrating after this. I know things are bad in a lot of places but I’m finding the total lack of any kind of serious pathway towards sensible levels of access here are beyond ridiculous.

If you look at different regions of Ireland for example the case numbers in Cork and Kerry for example (and there are others) are extremely low, yet you can’t even have a socially distant cup of coffee outside a cafe on an sunny and breezy day.

The whole thing is getting to the stage the government will lose the room.

The vast majority of people are being extremely cautious and sensible, but the rule enforcement is totally arbitrary and illogical.

I know older people who literally have run out of clothes. I’m remote supporting 2 elderly people at the moment trying to do internet clothes shopping via FaceTime. It took nearly 2 hours to buy a pair of shoes for one of them as she can’t understand the Internet and I have to show her images of every item using my phone and a laptop screen.

How she can’t just get appointment based or socially distant shopping is beyond me.

The lockdowns were useful but they should be limited and surgical in their approach. This broad just close down everything for months approach has just gone far too far.

The comparisons with enforcement of drink driving laws are a bit far fetched tbh. It would be more like rolling out prohibition to prevent car crashes caused by drunk drivers.

I’m not anti lockdown at all, but I would appreciate some logic, nuance and sanity in how it’s being used. That isn’t what we’re being presented with anymore.

It’s a useful tool, but you don’t use a sledge hammer to solve every problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    That's unbelievable

We have 14,000 J&J in storage

That's 14,000 extra people we could have vaccinated in a week

Pathetically slow from NIAC

Not like the entire country is waiting on vaccination program when it's linked to easing of restriction

Monday should be long enough for them to make decisions

NIAC are acting like the would review any new medication that is only needed by a few people. They cant comprehendthat their decision has the potential to effect the re opening of the country.

Donnelly should be putting a rocket up their well renumerated backsides.

I guess it’s just back to never going outside again mode.

Honestly, I will be emigrating after this. I know things are bad in a lot of places but I’m finding the total lack of any kind of serious pathway towards sensible levels of access here are beyond ridiculous.

If you look at different regions of Ireland for example the case numbers in Cork and Kerry for example (and there are others) are extremely low, yet you can’t even have a socially distant cup of coffee outside a cafe on an sunny and breezy day.

The whole thing is getting to the stage the government will lose the room.

The vast majority of people are being extremely cautious and sensible, but the rule enforcement is totally arbitrary and illogical.

I know older people who literally have run out of clothes. I’m remote supporting 2 elderly people at the moment trying to do internet clothes shopping via FaceTime. It took nearly 2 hours to buy a pair of shoes for one of them as she can’t understand the Internet and I have to show her images of every item using my phone and a laptop screen.

How she can’t just get appointment based or socially distant shopping is beyond me.

The lockdowns were useful but they should be limited and surgical in their approach. This broad just close down everything for months approach has just gone far too far.

The comparisons with enforcement of drink driving laws are a bit far fetched tbh.

While I don’t believe that the Gardai should be moving people on, at least masks are not mandatory outside and nor is there a curfew. Sure, the UK is pretty relaxed but that’s because 60% of the adult population is vaccinated

That chat about people emigrating after this is laughable tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

yet you can’t even have a socially distant cup of coffee outside a cafe on an sunny and breezy day.
    Can you not? :-/

Lol, it's based on everything they've ever been involved in.

Quite honestly, I am leaving. It’s not “chat”. My view of this place has completely changed since December. I don’t think what’s happened here has been anything remotely approaching a competent response to the crisis. My quality of life has gone though the floor since December and I’ve been suffering from severe depression as a result.

I don’t want to live here anymore. That’s not “chat”.
    I’m gone as soon as the restrictions lift and I’ve job opportunities elsewhere.

Quite honestly, I am leaving. It’s not “chat”. My view of this place has completely changed since December. I don’t think what’s happened here has been anything remotely approaching a competent response to the crisis. My quality of life has gone though the floor since December and I’ve been suffering from severe depression as a result.

I don’t want to live here anymore. That’s not “chat”.
    I’m gone as soon as the restrictions lift and I’ve job opportunities elsewhere.

Sorry you are having a hard time but, out of interest, where is better? Where would your quality of life not have gone through the floor?

Ficheall wrote: »
    Can you not? :-/

Nope you can’t. There is no outdoor dining and hasn’t been for months - as I’m sure you well know.

All you can do is take a coffee away and walk aimlessly in circles or lean on a wall somewhere.

Anytime I have eaten outside the house, it’s been sitting on my own in the car for the last number of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I’m going to say it was the baby shampoo before the no more tears one.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement