Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Heard covid is taking a break from 1am-1.59am tonight/tomorrow morning

No rules apply

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Heard covid is taking a break from 1am-1.59am tonight/tomorrow morning

No rules apply

Hilarious................................not.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Golfman64

Gerry Killeen being let away to full on scaremongering and that kids are in full danger of certain death.blowing his own hole big time .he surly has his Hurley in hand to beat anyone questioning his wisdom

It’s insane isn’t it - loons like Gerry can spout any amount of scaremongering, zero evidence based gibberish and they keep their jobs and are continually invited to speak publically on matters. Meanwhile people like Dr Martin Feeley and others are cast aside and pushed out of positions for giving alternate views which don’t fit the narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

632 positive swabs, 3.11% positivity on 20,335 tests.
    7 day test positivity is 3.5%.

Safe to say its being routed out given the amount of tests

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Yes. We should have been doing this weeks ago. But better late and all of that....

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    awww the poor babies

What did they expect?

Five star accommodation?

Let them complain fine but they'll have to do their time

Yes it’s so important we lock up incoming travellers with negative PCR tests. They’re clearly the issue. Never mind people caught at large illegal gatherings or those who test positive for Covid or are a confirmed close contact - sure let’s just hope they behave themselves. I wonder when people will actually realise that this is just purely a diversionary tactic to cover up the governments failings?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Good numbers for sure. Great positivity. Huge testing numbers.

Feels weird people are being so negative. These figures are the envy of Europe right now. Even much of the globe to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Boggerman12

What show was this on? Was he challenged on this assertion and how he came upon this figure? What data he was using? I'm absolutely sick to the teeth of this ISAG group getting airtime. If they're not going to answer questions about their email leaks, their tactics, their decision to deliberately mislead and cause anxiety to the Irish public, their decision to ridicule the individual - then a full blown boycott should be undertaken. Was Gerry Killeen questioned as to why he wanted to take a hurley to someone who disagreed with his insane views?

Why is it only now that we're hearing more from Kingston Mills? He's infinitely more qualified than Tomás Ryan.

Saturday with Katie Hannon.it was unreal but not surprising.but Gerry has personal experience of at least 4/5 pandemics and as he claims himself he’s perfectly solved 2 of them.
    Kingston mills is very good and gives hope.heard a fellow professor from ucc the other evening on with Matt cooper and he gave subtle digs to Killeen and the other zero COVID idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭rodders999

Life has been pretty good in Perth for the past 12 months, as close to living “normally” as you will get anywhere on the planet so excuse me if my heart doesn’t bleed for them because their hotel experience isn’t up to Disney World standards.

They’ve misread the room badly if they think they will receive much public sympathy by running to the press moaning about the accommodation being a bit cramped for binging on Netflix over the next 12 days.

After the year we’ve all just endured and are still enduring to come here after pretty much living a restriction free life in Australia throughout Covid and then start moaning after 24 hours because they’re stuck in a hotel for a few days....suck it up!

Good numbers for sure. Great positivity. Huge testing numbers.

Feels weird people are being so negative. These figures are the envy of Europe right now. Even much of the globe to be fair.

Great to see the volume of tests. But at what cost are these numbers being managed is the question?
    Will our public debt and reduced public services as a result of the extra costs of keeping areas such as construction closed for longer than any other country also be the envy of the rest of the world or will it be a lesson in how not to balance lives, livelihoods and the economy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1373287217825742849

45 less positive swabs with 4114 more tests than this day last week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I wonder how many positives there are in the walk in centres?

2000+ tests a day with very few or no positives probably.

Makes the positivity rate worthless in comparison. If it wasn't going down we would have a major problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Benimar wrote: »
    Yes, family complains that a hotel room is in fact a hotel room.:rolleyes:

She said it wasn't safe. As opposed to traveling in your mid 50s across the world during a pandemic. She's a dose. Does the bed have teeth? They get outside for fresh air every day, meals, a bed and a roof over their head. They've come from Perth so they've had a handy year. Just a me me me diva. Worse than Djokovic.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

Also the largest amount of tests of any day this month with the lowest positivity rate of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 82,784 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Eod100 wrote: »

So much for security :D. I love it, some entertainment for a Saturday afternoon. Will they put out an alert over all media for the suspects? They might feature some video of the escapee's on July's Crimecall.

Quick - get the Garda chopper and other valuable Garda resources on this immediately. Sure they’ve nothing more important to be doing....

‘More as we get it’ - you’d swear this was some big dramatic and serious situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Hilarious................................not.

Unlike your humdinger of a comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Ha brilliant

Day one and already mess ups

That will put pay to exercising outside or cigarette breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Tbh given how flimsy the whole thing is not sure why anyone would volunteer to do it. Must have a few bob not to mind wasting the 2 grand! Its almost like it was designed to fail there is so many holes. Farcical

• Advertisement

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    She said it wasn't safe. As opposed to traveling in your mid 50s across the world during a pandemic. She's a dose. Does the bed have teeth? They get outside for fresh air every day, meals, a bed and a roof over their head. They've come from Perth so they've had a handy year. Just a me me me diva. Worse than Djokovic.

After this they should be put on a bread and water diet only for the rest of their stay. Give them something to fcuking moan abut and be rightfully ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Tbh given how flimsy the whole thing is not sure why anyone would volunteer to do it. Must have a few bob not to mind wasting the 2 grand! Its almost like it was designed to fail there is so many holes. Farcical

In China for their hotel quarantine they have you locked in the room and deliver 3 meals per day. No swanning out for a fag break and a runner there haha

Klonker wrote: »
    Unlike your humdinger of a comment.

Glad you appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Makes the positivity rate worthless in comparison. If it wasn't going down we would have a major problem.

From RTE:

"The five temporary-walk-in Covid-19 test centres for asymptomatic people will operate throughout this weekend at Grangegorman, Blanchardstown, Irishtown and Tallaght in Dublin and Tullamore in Co Offaly.

Of the 1,700 people tested at these centres on Thursday, 1.34% tested positive for the virus"

Higher positivity than I would have thought. Its always good to identify and isolate as many cases as possible but I actually think testing random areas in high and low incidence areas would give us a better idea of how many cases in general are in the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Even if you remove those 2000 walk ins the positivity is still a very good 3.5% which is less than last week.

So much for security :D. I love it, some entertainment for a Saturday afternoon. Will they put out an alert over all media for the suspects? They might feature some video of the escapee's on July's Crimecall.

An Old West style wanted dead or alive notice with a reward for whoever turns them in might be more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

7 Day Average of Swabs:
    27/03: 604 +10.6%
    20/03: 546 +2%
    13/03: 535 -4%
    06/03: 557

Today is also the first day in a nearly a week that the 7 day average of swabs has dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭blowitupref

They have since updated last Saturday figure.

686 swabs from 16621 test a positivity of 4.13%

So it's 3714 more tests this week and 54 fewer positive swabs.

Not sure what's the highest? but 119,565 is the one highest ever weekly number for tests and from it we have got 7 day positivity rate of 3.5% which is the lowest 7 day positivity figure in testing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

rodders999 wrote: »

They’ve misread the room badly if they think they will receive much public sympathy by running to the press moaning about the accommodation being a bit cramped for binging on Netflix over the next 12 days.

I don't know, I'd be pretty annoyed to pay €2500 for two small rooms - not that I'd expect sympathy, but maybe I'd expect something better for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Klonker wrote: »
    From RTE:

"The five temporary-walk-in Covid-19 test centres for asymptomatic people will operate throughout this weekend at Grangegorman, Blanchardstown, Irishtown and Tallaght in Dublin and Tullamore in Co Offaly.

Of the 1,700 people tested at these centres on Thursday, 1.34% tested positive for the virus"

Higher positivity than I would have thought. Its always good to identify and isolate as many cases as possible but I actually think testing random areas in high and low incidence areas would give us a better idea of how many cases in general are in the community.

Very interesting. I didn't think there would be that many positives. 23 extra cases discovered or so. More chains of transmission broken probably.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement