Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's still not approved in the US. They haven't applied!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    62 cases in Donegal today. 3% of the population, 14.4% of todays cases. Highest incidence rate in the country by some way with 288.33. Kildare next at 209.88.

The Hi Sir variant?
    The "it's the border" theory getting debunked quite thoroughly there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's still not approved in the US. They haven't applied!

Really? Gotta protect that intellectual property y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭User1998

sterz wrote: »
    Not being pedantic at all. You say soccer pitches are open. Can myself and a bunch of friends head out and play a game so?

Link I saw mentioned outdoor sports facilities and non-contact sports. So I don't see how opening soccer pitches helps anyone.

I’ve being going to pitches and playing a game for the past couple of months, not sure why you can’t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Well the places where I usually play are closed. And as far as I know non-contact is still against, eh, the rules.

I see good old Jim has thanked your post but failed to answer my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭User1998

Thats fair enough. Absolutely ridiculous that it’s ‘against the rules’. There is no danger in outdoor sports activities but the government are too afraid to act. Great to see adults having a bit of sense and breaking said rules

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

sterz wrote: »
    Well the places where I usually play are closed. And as far as I know non-contact is still against, eh, the rules.

I see good old Jim has thanked your post but failed to answer my question.

What more do you want, good old sterz? The pitches are open. You can kick a ball about with a couple of mates. I left it at that because it's way off the topic being originally replied to.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

I was just pulling you up on this.
    Golf, tennis etc are back too.

Anyway, clubs I go to are still closed. Past the jumpers for goalposts stage so I'll have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Can’t understand why golf courses were closed - it’s a socially distanced sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Does that mean Scouts is up and running ?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

62 cases in Donegal today. 3% of the population, 14.4% of todays cases. Highest incidence rate in the country by some way with 288.33. Kildare next at 209.88.

The Hi Sir variant?

Mutant Muff Variant.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-nightclub-to-reopen-doors-in-liverpool-as-part-of-historic-trial-12282589

I don’t think this has been posted here already. The UK opening a nightclub with 6000 people over two nights with no social distancing, masks , etc. to see how how it works out. Negative lateral flow test required before entry. Fair play to them for giving it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-nightclub-to-reopen-doors-in-liverpool-as-part-of-historic-trial-12282589

I don’t think this has been posted here already. The UK opening a nightclub with 6000 people over two nights with no social distancing, masks , etc. to see how how it works out. Negative lateral flow test required before entry. Fair play to them for giving it a go.

Fair play indeed. Thank god they moved away from the "bodies piled high" approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Can’t understand why golf courses were closed - it’s a socially distanced sport

And 99.9% of the population don't play it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Fair play indeed. Thank god they moved away from the "bodies piled high" approach.

Let the bodies hit the floor? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,420 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

The Hi Sir variant?

its crazy the NE of the county its going crazy, i suspect theres a lack of testing or isolating or something

i know the electoral area im in ,in the SW, has had 17 cases in the last month

hopefully the walk in test centre opened last weekend will help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

had a lovely few beers in the sunshine today in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

sonofenoch wrote: »
    And 99.9% of the population don't play it

Not that I play, but 5% of the population plays regularly and 11% play occasionally. It's in the top 5 or 7 or active participation in sports in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

arccosh wrote: »
    had a lovely few beers in the sunshine today in the UK

I hope they were flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭brickster69

TheDoctor wrote: »
    I hope they were flat.

Won't be as flat as the ones you are waiting for in 3 months time.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Not that I play, but 5% of the population plays regularly and 11% play occasionally. It's in the top 5 or 7 or active participation in sports in Ireland.

unknown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

TheDoctor wrote: »
    I hope they were flat.

They were lovely, I did get a bit burnt though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Surprisingly positive post by Danny boy on Twitter! Usually gives a glum picture recently!

https://twitter.com/care2much18/status/1386799690679734276?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Surprisingly positive post by Danny boy on Twitter! Usually gives a glum picture recently!

What does he say? He limits who can see his tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Tweet can only be viewed by certain people. But was that guy discredited?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Basically 2019 normality will resume at some stage this year, but he’s usually on the cautious side of things

Basically 2019 normality will resume at some stage this year, but he’s usually on the cautious side of things

What's his background? I remember seeing some of his tweets before he protected his timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

- Worrying about potential future variants is a waste of time and energy on an individual level.

How he thinks things will go

- Summer: Reduced capacity outdoor concerts & sports stadiums, beer gardens, outdoor dining, a bit bigger funerals, weddings.

- Autumn/Winter: European holidays, gigs, festivals, pubs, nightclubs, cinemas, normal funerals, weddings.

• Advertisement

- Worrying about potential future variants is a waste of time and energy on an individual level.

How he thinks things will go

- Summer: Reduced capacity outdoor concerts & sports stadiums, beer gardens, outdoor dining, a bit bigger funerals, weddings.

- Autumn/Winter: European holidays, gigs, festivals, pubs, nightclubs, cinemas, normal funerals, weddings.

Nothing really revolutionary about that tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement