Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Surprisingly positive post by Danny boy on Twitter! Usually gives a glum picture recently!

https://twitter.com/care2much18/status/1386799690679734276?s=21

Sorry if I'm out of the loop but who's that? I can't see the tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

What's his background? I remember seeing some of his tweets before he protected his timeline.

He was originally a cheer leader for the government.... And they he was outed as a scammer and possible creepy guy that was DMing women for money?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Claire Byrne (who's 45) dropped a comment during the discussion on vaccine passports that people of her age won't expect to be vaccinated by the end of the summer.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

mloc123 wrote: »
    He was originally a cheer leader for the government.... And they he was outed as a scammer and possible creepy guy that was DMing women for money?

Wasn't he outed by former Soc Dem GE candidate Linda Hayden who was then caught out a few weeks later with Racist tweets she had made. Twitter is a cesspit at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

marno21 wrote: »
    Claire Byrne (who's 45) dropped a comment during the discussion on vaccine passports that people of her age won't expect to be vaccinated by the end of the summer.

:confused::confused::confused:

The entire show was awash with misinformation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭blowitupref

As of 8pm tonight

In hospital 151 (decrease of 22)
    In ICU 45 (decrease of 1)

Last Monday at 8pm.

In hospital 175
    In ICU 48

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Where are those figures from? https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/hospitals-icu--testing has 184, up 10 from yesterday (not sure what time they use). It also has the ICU figure as 46, up from 45 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭blowitupref

minitrue wrote: »
    Where are those figures from? https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/pages/hospitals-icu--testing has 184, up 10 from yesterday (not sure what time they use). It also has the ICU figure as 46, up from 45 yesterday.

From operations update on the HSE website. 184 was 8am as stated here.

Screenshot-20210427-020551-2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

As of 8pm tonight

Last Monday at 8pm.

In hospital 175
    In ICU 48

Lowest hospital number in six and a half months from what I can see (8th October 2020)

Only going one way

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

I do see now the page I was looking at says 11:30am for the ICU figure but no mention of a time for the "in hospital" number that I can see, I thought it was "live". Sorry for questioning your numbers but a drop like that had me looking where I knew to and then I had to ask!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,415 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

As of 8pm tonight

Last Monday at 8pm.

In hospital 175
    In ICU 48

Hold firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Big drop.

Looking for the RTE article on in it now... doesn't seem to be up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Big drop.

It's the twilight zone, RTE has been hosting one or two positive articles lately... however the Indo will say we're on a "precarious knife edge" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Big drop.

No surprise there, and one of their main headlines on RTE.ie Sunday morning was about the increase in hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭eastie17

funnydoggy wrote: »
    It's the twilight zone, RTE has been hosting one or two positive articles lately... however the Indo will say we're on a "precarious knife edge" :rolleyes:

Indo wants us all to head to the library with a pistol and a bottle of whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Boris seems to know what's what.
    Boris Johnson allegedly told aides in Downing Street he would rather let coronavirus “rip” than impose a second lockdown because of the economic harm further restrictions would cause.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-said-he-would-let-covid-rip-in-lockdown-row-fs0ffz5mg

he once once called the London assembly members
    great, supine, protoplasmic invertebrate jellies

I think he had Michael Martin in mind :pac:

anyway all hail Boris, cometh the hour cometh the man and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

eastie17 wrote: »
    Indo wants us all to head to the library with a pistol and a bottle of whiskey
    Actually they are in party mood over the likely J&J announcement.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Actually they are in party mood over the likely J&J announcement.

Didn't understand the logic of their excitement to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭prunudo

Didn't understand the logic of their excitement to be honest.

Agree, while its good to get another player in the market with the age restrictions it doesn't really warrant any major celebration.
    In saying that the fact it will be a while before we vaccinate under 50s it is still welcome news. New studies may have been released by the time people in their 40s are ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,415 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Big drop.

They are fact checking it

RTE very concerned about fake news you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,420 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

its amazing how many people come into a country which has had a severe lockdown for four months and expect the rules to be waived

Can someone please answer me if we are still in Level 5 (with the zoos and golf open)???

I am on a contract that will not open and that I cannot return to during Level 5. So what the fcuk level are we in now as my job is still on hold? Are we maintaining Level 5 all Summer with a few tweaks here and there? What is the plan?

Can someone please answer me if we are still in Level 5 (with the zoos and golf open)???

I am on a contract that will not open and that I cannot return to during Level 5. So what the fcuk level are we in now as my job is still on hold? Are we maintaining Level 5 all Summer with a few tweaks here and there? What is the plan?

https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/c36c85-covid-19-coronavirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭oceanman

level 5 all summer with a few tweaks here and there is the plan i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Level 5 plus golf and tennis I think its called !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭gipi

Woohoo! Registered for the vaccine this morning - don't know how long the list will be, but it feels like progress at last

(Registration is now open for anyone who is or will be 60 this year, as well as people up to age 69)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭timmyntc

its amazing how many people come into a country which has had a severe lockdown for four months and expect the rules to be waived

its amazing how many people justify a country having a severe lockdown for four months

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

gipi wrote: »
    Woohoo! Registered for the vaccine this morning - don't know how long the list will be, but it feels like progress at last

(Registration is now open for anyone who is or will be 60 this year, as well as people up to age 69)

I believe there's a small bit of leeway if your 60 for example in the next month or so but anyone who's 60 later this year will be in with the 59 year old group.

Father is 65 registered Monday week when they opened and not heard anything yet so you'll probably have a little bit of a wait but alot depends on the local MVC, supplies, area demographics etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭gipi

I believe there's a small bit of leeway if your 60 for example in the next month or so but anyone who's 60 later this year will be in with the 59 year old group.

Father is 65 registered Monday week when they opened and not heard anything yet so you'll probably have a little bit of a wait but alot depends on the local MVC, supplies, area demographics etc

I asked the HSE about this, and was told that anyone who is or will be 60 this year can register as a 60 yr old. The registration process only asks for year of birth to begin with.

And I happen to be in the exact category you mentioned - not 60 till near end of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

gipi wrote: »
    I asked the HSE about this, and was told that anyone who is or will be 60 this year can register as a 60 yr old. The registration process only asks for year of birth to begin with.

And I happen to be in the exact category you mentioned - not 60 till near end of year.

Interesting I got a different response as we asked regarding my mother as we were told nope, would be some small leeway but not by more than a month or so. (HSE live)

They won't be moving onto 59 year olds for a while yet as it's all done by age. You could have a bit of a wait yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement