Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

That's good

Late June no doubt but better than July

I wonder does that mean hotels etc open with indoor dining too?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Eod100 wrote: »
    Inter-county travel resuming in June apparently.

https://twitter.com/gabysayshey/status/1387369852466311177

hmmm some insight at last

Probably after the June bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Stheno wrote: »

Oh undoubtedly after, the government has an aversion to bank holidays. Probably the end of June just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Stheno wrote: »

Should be open right away but better than I was expecting tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

At last a bit of a timeline.

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    That's good

MM said the theme for summer is outdoors.

Think we can all guess what that means for indoor hospitality. Likely a more restrictive summer than 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Inter-county travel resuming in June apparently.

https://twitter.com/gabysayshey/status/1387369852466311177

Not too bad, but I still think the refusal to entertain outdoor dining until June is nonsense.

arccosh wrote: »
    You didn't at all, you just demonstrated that you aren't bothered reading up on some peer reviewed journals on the matter.

bit of light reading for you then? what about long FLU?
    Incidence for Flu and frequency have a cumulative affect on your body over time.
    They increase risk of all manner of maladies, telling us you read peer reviews to back up your points mean feck all because at this stage they are all LINKED TO, associated with, possible caused by..

Covid-19 is a black art to them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kleiner feigling

That's good

Is it good?
    It's better than a kick in the shin, but that doesn't mean it's good.

EDIT: Actually, I'd take the kick in the shin over this nonsense

Is it good?
    It's better than a kick in the shin, but that doesn't mean it's good.

Fair point but still better than July

With the government's caution its not a bad result

• Advertisement

I don't mean to have a go, but I think at this stage we need to up our expectations of the Government, in the hopes that Gov might actually TRY to meet them. Substandard isn't good enough any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭timmyntc

A kick in the chest beats a kick to the balls, but not getting kicked is even better.

timmyntc wrote: »
    A kick in the chest beats a kick to the balls, but not getting kicked is even better.

You nailed it :)

I don't mean to have a go, but I think at this stage we need to up our expectations of the Government, in the hopes that Gov might actually TRY to meet them. Substandard isn't good enough any more.

True but we know this government is extremely extremely cautious

They won't meet expectations and have to be dragged kicking and screaming to ease even basic restrictions

We have had 8 days of intercounty travel since October so that easing is welcome even if its very late after more than 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

That's good

Was hoping early June but guess unless they specifiy exact week could be decided to closer to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What we don't want/need is a repeat of last summer where areas of Hospitality were told '2 weeks lads' then told 'lads not yet another 2 weeks' and finally 'lads ye cant open for the foreseeable future'

A proper roadmap needs to be issued next week or within the next month. None of this stringing along crap

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

When it's linked to hotel reopenings I'd be surprised if it's any earlier than 20th June etc unfortunately, but will gladly be pleasantly surprised.

True but we know this government is extremely extremely cautious

They won't meet expectations and have to be dragged kicking and screaming to ease even basic restrictions

We have had 8 days of intercounty travel since October so that easing is welcome even if its very late after more than 6 months

What we permit, we promote.
    If we demanded reasonable measures instead of accepting unreasonable ones, the government would be forced to question their approach.
    I don't feel there's been much pressure on them at all from.ourselves or the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

I didn't know that people on here couldn't give their opinion without first reading up on peer reviewed journals :eek:

Where was that said?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What we don't want/need is a repeat of last summer where areas of Hospitality were told '2 weeks lads' then told 'lads not yet another 2 weeks' and finally 'lads ye cant open for the foreseeable future'

A proper roadmap needs to be issued next week or within the next month. None of this stringing along crap

Higher chance of seeing pigs flying than a roadmap from this lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Burgo wrote: »

The roadmap will be from the 34th of April to the 31st of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    How long does it usually take for a test result ?

I was tested Monday afternoon and got a text yesterday afternoon with result. I was told that would take 48 hours but it was much quicker then that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

rusty cole wrote: »
    bit of light reading for you then? what about long FLU?
    Incidence for Flu and frequency have a cumulative affect on your body over time.
    They increase risk of all manner of maladies, telling us you read peer reviews to back up your points mean feck all because at this stage they are all LINKED TO, associated with, possible caused by..

Covid-19 is a black art to them at the moment.

They're not really. Circumstance means I have to read them, but that's beside the point.

The fact you're trying to link it with flu and dismiss it as being similar means you haven't a clue.

There is a lot of research that has come out linking organ damage, neurological disorders, and other chronic illnesses to Covid 19 exposure, ergo, coming under the guise of long covid, which is vastly different from post-viral fatigue syndrome.

As someone mentioned earlier, this is going to be something along the lines of Lyme's Disease, where you could have numerous different symptoms, and no one will always be the same....

No ones likes ambiguity, but here we are, this is what the Covid medical world is like at the moment.

But you got your smart quip in and circle jerk gang liking each others posts, so that's the main thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Plenty of kites being flow. Same date as outdoor hospitality in NI.

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1387385359563116546

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Is it good? It's better than a kick in the shin, but that doesn't mean it's good.

timmyntc wrote:
    And I'm sure if things got bad again you'd be on their backs complaining about their incompetence even though they gave you what you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,053 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Never mind June or next week, outdoor hospitality should be open already. The science says its near impossible to catch this thing outdoors.

Plenty of kites being flow. Same date as outdoor hospitality in NI.

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1387385359563116546

They know full well that should NI open first there will be a mass exodus over the border.
    When retail opens there next week there will likely be a large amount of cross border trade anyways.

eagle eye wrote: »
    And I'm sure if things got bad again you'd be on their backs complaining about their incompetence even though they gave you what you wanted.

Nope - pretty weak argument also.

Its not a case of damned if you do, damned if you dont.
    Just damned if you make stupid decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,450 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Burgo wrote: »

Its a 2 for 1 really. These cowards won't provide a road map worth a damn, and even if they did it wouldn't be worth the paper its written on anyway.

Level 5 with modifications anybody?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

mohawk wrote: »
    I was tested Monday afternoon and got a text yesterday afternoon with result. I was told that would take 48 hours but it was much quicker then that.

Got tested Monday @5.30 pm

No result yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement