Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Turtwig wrote: »
    Far too early for that.

Its really, really not.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

AdamD wrote: »
    Its really, really not.

How so? Our vaccination program would lower the expected averages but not to values currently being observed. The distribution is heavily weighted in the younger demographics. Vaccination has no bearing on that outcome. It will eventually just not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1387462571985448960

Won't get my hopes up until there is anything official but this would be great if true!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Cork2021

They are being treated differently for indoors and outdoors.

What's being said is there won't be a difference in opening a gastro pub or a pub or a restaurant. They open together, first outdoors

I do hope they all open together but the two towns I’d go for pints in have 2/3 proper beer gardens out of around 30 pubs! There’s 3 other ones but they’d more lean to full on restaurants then gastropubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Turtwig wrote: »
    How so? Our vaccination program would lower the expected averages but not to values currently being observed. The distribution is heavily weighted in the younger demographics. Vaccination has no bearing on that outcome. It will eventually just not yet.

We have 95% of the over 70s vaccinated. Of course that has reduced the median age of cases! It's not the whole reason for the fall, but it's a good part of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

What's going on, have our government been displaced by aliens, everything is far too positive this evening :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Necro wrote: »
    What's going on, have our government been displaced by aliens, everything is far too positive this evening :pac:

Even NPHET are feeling positive

https://twitter.com/Jennifer_Bray/status/1387462597658783747?s=19

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Something is wrong

Next MM will be infected!

Necro wrote: »

Just waiting for the downer tweet!

Stheno wrote: »
    Something is wrong

Next MM will be infected!

Something is wrong lads and lassies!!

• Advertisement

My bad, I only use this discussion board and am only on here to avoid doing my work! Here are a few, I only added ones that are not behind a paywall, but the evidence is mounting all the time towards, perhaps exclusive airborne transmission.

Fomite or surface transmission is almost certainly not a thing, but people should really do their own research and educate themselves if they want to spend all their time discussing something.

https://cen.acs.org/biological-chemistry/infectious-disease/Aerosol-expert-Jose-Luis-Jimenez/99/i1

https://first10em.com/covid-19-is-spread-by-aerosols-an-evidence-review/

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n636

Forgive me, I may be missing something, but what I see there is evidence of aerosol transmission, not evidence of only aerosol transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,357 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Cork2021 wrote: »
    Something is wrong lads and lassies!!

We're being hornswaggled. It'll be a level 6 fake out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

I’m very concerned

Vicxas wrote: »
    We're being hornswaggled. It'll be a level 6 fake out!

Haha, pulling the wool over our eyes before slapping back into reality

TheDoctor wrote: »
    I’m very concerned

We’re all concerned now!

The next 24 hours is crucial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Forgive me, I may be missing something, but what I see there is evidence of aerosol transmission, not evidence of only aerosol transmission.

No one's going to say it's the only source, well apart from me on an anonymous discussion board :p

The evidence is pretty conclusive, to me anyway, that it's the dominant form of transmission.

Here's an article on the unlikelihood of fomite or surface transmission

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/12/11/covid-19-airborne-transmission-cleaning-surfaces/

Scientists can never say anything for certain, so there will always be an inherent hedging of any prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Have a holiday booked for the June bank holiday in Fota. We were expecting not to get to go, so if everything opens outdoors that would be great. The elders coming with us will also be fully vaccinated at that point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

seamus wrote: »
    Have a holiday booked for the June bank holiday in Fota. We were expecting not to get to go, so if everything opens outdoors that would be great. The elders coming with us will also be fully vaccinated at that point too.

You might see Michéal!

Also, if you go to the zoo, tell my family I said hello :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Eeeek Tony Holohan is good humour ! Not sure how to deal with that !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Bless, he needs a holiday as much as the rest of us I guess!

May 25th pints......and no food to soak up the alcohol!!! woohooooo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hairdressers, click and collect - May 4th

Intercounty travel ban lifted - May 10th

Outdoor pints - May 24th

Some of the rumors flying around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Pandiculation

May 25th pints......and no food to soak up the alcohol!!! woohooooo!!

I'm not even sure I know how pints work anymore.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

seamus wrote: »

Lovely spot, hopefully ye get to travel we would go there most years. We're actually booked in for Trabolgan (rescheduled from last year) for the first week of July. Cobh is gorgeous too, if a little hilly :D

I had been confident up until recently it would go ahead but now that confidence is returning. Fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Outdoor pints - May 24th

Fingers crossed.

I look like a scarecrow

And all my friends and family are in other counties

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1387475173067182084?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'm shocked, these aren't the sort of rumours we're used to in the lead up to an announcement. The kites were a bit off the mark if this evenings rumours come to fruition.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Outdoor pints - May 24th

Do you have link of first and last ones being mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Outdoor pints - May 24th

That's fine for wig wearers ...what about everyone esle

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement