Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Oh god I could just actually cry thinking about sitting in the chair getting the head pulled off me, bleaching and destroying every strand, mind numbing chat about Covid and the holidays we won’t be going on, reading the dusty magazines from last Christmas, being ripped off and then complaining about it after. But feeling amazing!

Oh how I’ve missed it!!!!

Mine has frown so much its down to my ears.

I've no idea what to do with it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Private Joker

The haircut rollout is going take longer than the vaccine rollout

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Fr-Walton.jpg

I'm almost at this lad's level.

In all seriousness though, my barber's online booking system was excellent in the last easing of restrictions. Choose your preferred barber and time, and asked to show up five minutes before your appointment. If there was a small delay in lads getting their haircut ahead of you in the queue, there was a stand-by barber ready to step in, so there was never anyone waiting around longer than needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Fr-Walton.jpg

I'm almost at this lad's level.

In all seriousness though, my barber's online booking system was excellent in the last easing of restrictions. Choose your preferred barber and time, and asked to show up five minutes before your appointment. If there was a small delay in lads getting their haircut ahead of you in the queue, there was a stand-by barber ready to step in, so there was never anyone waiting around longer than needed.

Hehehehehehe I forgot about that episode of Father Ted :D:pac::pac:

Yep mine is similar. I book through Booksy. Choose what you want, who you want doing it, when the slot is available, pay there and then or after the appointment. 30 second process. Flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

'A wave of optimism has swept through Leinster House in the last few hours' RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

'A wave of optimism has swept through Leinster House in the last few hours' RTE

“We’ve sent George Lee down to end it”

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

We’re due to get married at end of July, our third date. Still none the wiser if we can go ahead with 50 guests. If ya don’t laugh you cry.

BigMo1 wrote: »
    We’re due to get married at end of July, our third date. Still none the wiser if we can go ahead with 50 guests. If ya don’t laugh you cry.

Getting married after a second date, hope it works out for you!

TheDoctor wrote: »
    “We’ve sent George Lee down to end it”

VIRGIN MEDIA LIVE: George Lee arriving at Leinster House

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You really shouldn't be getting married after only three dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Talk about 25 in June in the article below. It's a start at least.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/nphet-gives-green-light-to-faster-than-expected-easing-of-restrictions-from-may-10th-1.4549950

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Mine is a tad longer than Jason Schwartzman's. I'm essentially him, without the good looks, money or great facial hair. My beard is patchy and foxy.. :pac:

jason_schwartzman.jpg

I'd take that.

I'm at a 5 month old beard, long sides and a balding crown. I'm only leaving the beard grow to take attention off the hair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I seen that. We’re late July - hopefully they increase it by then.

titan18 wrote: »
    I'd take that.

I'm at a 5 month old beard, long sides and a balding crown. I'm only leaving the beard grow to take attention off the hair :D

Are you me just before my cut at Christmas? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

It feels like a happy place in here for the first time in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

I always wonder who are all these people getting tested? I've never been tested and would only if I was showing pretty clear symptoms or had been put forward as a close contact.

At 20,000 or so tests a day, the whole population could be tested once in 250 days. Will there be a Guinness Book of Records (now sadly defunct I believe) entry for most tested person in Ireland?

Are there hypochondriacs phoning their doctors every few days for a test?

I had my one and only test Monday after developing a cough. My son had runny nose last Friday but when he kindly passed it on to me it went to my chest. I knew it was a cold, however I work in pharma and was due on-site Tuesday. I couldn’t take the risk of turning up on site with a cough as it’s against the Health and Safety policy. So even though I knew full well it was a cold I rang GP for a test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Sanjuro wrote: »
    I need barbers to open. My four 6ear old refuses to let me cut his hair and he looks like Art Garfunkel if he stuck his finger in an electrical outlet.

Art's actual son

hqdefault.jpg

james-garfunkel-son-of-art-garfunkel-the-hampton-classic-horse-show-BYY5ME.jpg

Beanybabog wrote: »
    It feels like a happy place in here for the first time in a long time!

I was thinking the same! Also there are a lot of funny fúckers here too :D:pac:

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Art's actual son

hqdefault.jpg

james-garfunkel-son-of-art-garfunkel-the-hampton-classic-horse-show-BYY5ME.jpg

Come off it, we all know he just cloned himself. The resemblance :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Missed it all as footie on here ..sounds wonderful!
    When can we travel around the country anyone know ?
    Want to meet my family .

• Advertisement

My god I think I just saw Stephen Donnelly smile on virgin media news. Is this real life?

Just had a vigorous trampoline workout/just bought a new suit/found a new thumbs up emoticon on his phone

Take your pick

History will view him as the single biggest gobshíte in Ireland during the pandemic

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Missed it all as footie on here ..sounds wonderful!
    When can we travel around the country anyone know ?
    Want to meet my family .

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1387475173067182084?s=19

The State’s public health team has given the green light to a faster than expected easing of restrictions from May 10th onwards, it is understood.

Groups of three households, or a group of six people from any number of households, may be allowed to meet anywhere outside - including private gardens - after May 10th.

There will be no indoor dining in the months of May and June, under the proposals now being examined by politicians.

Hotels and guesthouses will reopen no sooner than June 7th, according to the latest recommendations from the National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet), which met earlier on Wednesday. The return of outdoor hospitality is not as yet clear.

Some time from May 10th onwards, on a date to be set soon, 50 people will be allowed to attend religious services, including Mass, church weddings and funerals.

However, for wedding receptions afterwards, six can attend indoors in May and 15 outdoors. This will likely rise to 25 in June, sources say.

The precise date for when hospitality, inter-county travel and domestic tourism might restart may, however, prove contentious, with Nphet likely to push for it to happen after the June bank holiday, while some in Government would prefer it to encompass the public holiday.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/nphet-gives-green-light-to-faster-than-expected-easing-of-restrictions-from-may-10th-1.4549950?mode=amp

Confusing with all the different dates flying around for outdoor hospitality and intercounty travel, will have to wait for tomorrow, but it seems if May 10th is date when people can visit each other in gardens etc. then other two will happen slightly later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Stheno wrote: »

I find it so funny that outdoor visits are going to be 'permitted' when everyone has already been doing it for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Part of me is thinking don't get your hopes up, they could be leaking this stuff to make themselves look good and turn around tomorrow go we tried but public health advice is to be more cautious or something.

Today's data recap

Hospital Numbers (From the data hub)

• In hospital: 153 (=)
    • In ICU: 45 (-2)

Positivity rate (From @COVID19DataIE here)
    • 439 positive swabs
    • 2.14% positivity
    • 20,498 tests
    • 7 day test positivity is 2.7%

Previous Wednesdays
    • 21/04: 401
    • 14/04: 431
    5 day average
    425 (Last wk: 377)

7 day average
    454 (Last wk: 373)

Here is a graph of weekly cases
    14 day incidence rate
    122/100k (Last wk: 114)

Today:

New cases: 371

Denotified cases: 3
    Total cases: 247,857
    New deaths: 13
    Denotified deaths: 1
    Total deaths: 4,896

Of the 13 deaths reported today
    • 3 occurred in April
    • 3 occurred in March
    • 7 occurred in February 'or earlier'
    • Median age: 85
    • Age range: 60-95
    Of the 371 cases notified today
    • Male: 190
    • Female: 181
    • Under 45 years old: 286 (77%)
    • Median age: 28
    • Dublin: 131
    • Kildare: 38
    • Donegal: 33
    • Cork: 18
    • Meath: 17
    • Remaining 134 cases spread across 17 other counties
    Vaccination Numbers - Up to Monday 26th April
    • Total doses: 1,417,942 (+19,881)
    • First dose: 1,014,640 (+16,506)
    • Second: 403,302 (+3,375)

funnydoggy wrote: »
    VIRGIN MEDIA LIVE: George Lee arriving at Leinster House

tenor.gif

:pac:

And him when the numbers rise above 500 again

0159_puaev.gif

I find it so funny that outdoor visits are going to be 'permitted' when everyone has already been doing it for months.

No one i know has to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

titan18 wrote: »
    Part of me is thinking don't get your hopes up, they could be leaking this stuff to make themselves look good and turn around tomorrow go we tried but public health advice is to be more cautious or something.

That would make them look like right eejits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Stheno wrote: »

Woohoo , that is much better than predicted !
    Won't travel until I get the hair done though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement