Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Seagulls letting him know what they think of his guff

I thought it was the bunch of turkeys in the Dail

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Good speech well delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So we're looking at 80% of people getting a vaccination dose by end of June but we're not even considering hospitality until July?

This is mental

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Speech was fine. Can't stand the guy, but not like he was going to say anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

"Essentially a new virus", eh no it's not, will any media fact check MM?

Michael and the variants classic hits... A new virus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Absolutely disgraceful, the government is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bigly

Open the hairdressers and barbers. I don't know a single person who isn't getting cuts done on the sly.

Nonsense leaving it till May.

Messi19 wrote: »
    Gonna go down like a lead balloon

And his gone to hide for others to get the grief especially that new virus line

• Registered Users Posts: 13,183 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Basically the same speech as last Easter.
    Lol.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

You know what, maybe it’s the fact that the sun is shining but if we can trust what he’s saying then I’m happy enough with what he’s outlining here. I mean the walking back will probably start no soon as the words come out of his mouth but if non essential retail will be open in mid May I can get on board with this for another few weeks. I thought that was far more optimistic than what I was expecting, like my expectations were on the floor. I don’t feel like reaching through the tv and strangling the man like I usually do. And that’s a strange feeling. Am I okay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,818 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

AdamD wrote: »
    So we're looking at 80% of people getting a vaccination dose by end of June but we're not even considering hospitality until July?

This is mental

Tourism decimated worse than last year and we had no vaccines then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Bigly wrote: »
    Open the hairdressers and barbers. I don't know a single person who isn't getting cuts done on the sly.

I'm not. Now you know one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

darced wrote: »
    Absolutely disgraceful, the government is finished.
    What were you expecting?
    Serious question.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Like what? What do you expect? What crystal ball do you think he has to the case levels in 4 weeks or 8 or 12 or 24?

Didn't expect anything, I was just wondering if hemaybe would have said something that we hadn't already read elsewhere today . Obviously he hasn't a crystal ball or he'd have used it before now .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

marno21 wrote: »
    Daniel McConnell is excellently well connected though and is usually one of the first to publish leaks

Everyone editorialises. Look at how others are reporting the same information.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Slide1.jpg
    Slide2.jpg
    Slide3.jpg
    Slide4.jpg
    Slide5.jpg
    Slide6.jpg
    Slide7.jpg
    Slide8.jpg
    Slide9.jpg
    Slide10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The waffler Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bigly

I'm not. Now you know one.

Good for you. I admire you

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Tourism decimated worse than last year and we had no vaccines then.

We didn't have this more dangerous and infectious variant then either.

Its not for the craic that this stuff is being delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

The signer's EU trousers were nice.

548707.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

He has made some rod for his own back when they won't be able to get the jabs in to the arms due to the fact that inevitably the hse will **** it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are getting a bit excited about figures from one day. It's a bit hypocritical to get excited over a lower number and then be all over anybody who gets a bit anxious by a higher daily figure.
    310 or so hospitalised and 67 in ICU currently, and yet RTE is constantly pushing the airways with their 4th wave scenario. Their purpose is to cause irrational fear. RTE's fearmongering and outright lies has no place in a national broadcaster. Now if there were the unquestioning propaganda department of the government, well then, it makes sense.

Except for no quotes no better or worse then others. We will have to wait and see will he be about for questions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Normal One wrote: »
    There's the "meaningful summer " carrot dangling in front of us if we behave

Just like people loved their meaningful Christmas which led to 5 figures a day for a lot of the first two weeks in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

They are a year at the same old sh1te.
    They are bound to be getting good at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Well it’s a roadmap

A crap roadmap

But we have a roadmap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Bigly wrote: »

I'm not getting it cut on the sly, so there's one person for you. €20 for a short back and sides is a rip off anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,818 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You couldn't book any holiday here this summer with that vague announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

thelad95 wrote: »
    Just like people loved their meaningful Christmas which led to 5 figures a day for a lot of the first two weeks in January.

Don't think you can compare the two tbh

• Advertisement

I was taken in by it, completely forgot utterly inept and spineless leadership over past few months. MM reading off a teleprompter made everything rosy again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement