Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It's a absolute disgrace that they are comparing case number to this time last year but not acknowledging that we test more in one day now than we were in a week this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Well it’s a roadmap

A crap roadmap

But we have a roadmap

Like a roadmap you would get in a kids Happy Meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Kivaro wrote: »
    310 or so hospitalised and 67 in ICU currently, and yet RTE is constantly pushing the airways with their 4th wave scenario. Their purpose is to cause irrational fear. RTE's fearmongering and outright lies has no place in a national broadcaster. Now if there were the unquestioning propaganda department of the government, well then, it makes sense.

The way the media has acted has been an utter disgrace but then again when every second add is brought to you be the government of Ireland they are going to keep the scaremongering going. Just look at the vitners with George Lee and rtes response. A disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bigly

Make me another one. Now he is aware of 2.

I appreciate the pile on. All im saying is lots of people are getting it done and if you don't think so you are dreaming. Wouldn't it be better to open them up in a controlled environment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

You know what, maybe it’s the fact that the sun is shining but if we can trust what he’s saying then I’m happy enough with what he’s outlining here. I mean the walking back will probably start no soon as the words come out of his mouth but if non essential retail will be open in mid May I can get on board with this for another few weeks. I thought that was far more optimistic than what I was expecting, like my expectations were on the floor. I don’t feel like reaching through the tv and strangling the man like I usually do. And that’s a strange feeling. Am I okay?

It's a perfectly reasonable plan if we stick to it. I'm hesitant to trust, but if things pan out the way he outlined it won't be too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Did he say from what date 2 fully vaccinated people can meet??

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭blackvalley

In this era of spin doctors , media handlers , fondlers and advisors WHY is information ALWAYS released before the Taoiseach makes his official speech to the nation . He is telling us nothing that hasnt already been announced. :confused:
    There is obviously some reason for this .
    Can anyone explain.
    Genuine question. I dont have an issue with the actual information. !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You know what, maybe it’s the fact that the sun is shining but if we can trust what he’s saying then I’m happy enough with what he’s outlining here. I mean the walking back will probably start no soon as the words come out of his mouth but if non essential retail will be open in mid May I can get on board with this for another few weeks. I thought that was far more optimistic than what I was expecting, like my expectations were on the floor. I don’t feel like reaching through the tv and strangling the man like I usually do. And that’s a strange feeling. Am I okay?

If it opens 31st it May, they technically told us the truth I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,003 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Nothing on click and collect should be starting also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Don't know why they say the 12th april for people to travel in their own county because every time they do that people start doing it the day they release the news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Not a mention of having a gargle for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Carefree88 wrote: »
    Your kidding right?

We had a less pessimistic speech back in March 2020 ,a year ago

250,000 confirmed cases since then and 787,000 vaccinated

No country wide travel till July or hospitality restrictions easing till August

Straight into winter we go, with the Flu and Covid again, lovely

Yeah maybe I’ve had too much rose. I’m sure I’ll be back to my usually pessimistic self later! But for now I’m just happy to have something to look forward to

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

In this era of spin doctors , media handlers , fondlers and advisors WHY is information ALWAYS released before the Taoiseach makes his official speech to the nation . He is telling us nothing that hasnt already been announced. :confused:
    There is obviously some reason for this .
    Can anyone explain.
    Genuine question. I dont have an issue with the actual information. !
    Because every eejit that surrounds government wants to be the first to feed their reporters. Cultivating contacts for the day you might need them to spin something your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

I'm not getting it cut on the sly, so there's one person for you. €20 for a short back and sides is a rip off anyway.
    I'm not. Now you know one.

Make me another one. Now he is aware of 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

George Lee will be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

A feck this for a game of soldiers, the minute any hospitality opens in the North I'm off up there

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bigly

Make me another one. Now he is aware of 3.

I saw that already. Appreciate you keeping score for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

He has made some rod for his own back when they won't be able to get the jabs in to the arms due to the fact that inevitably the hse will **** it up
    So far they haven't. What makes you think they'll suddenly start now? Vaccine supplies, on the other hand, are a different story!

You can have a gargle now just at home

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Were you really expecting there would be? That is completely off the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

The way the media has acted has been an utter disgrace but then again when every second add is brought to you be the government of Ireland they are going to keep the scaremongering going. Just look at the vitners with George Lee and rtes response. A disgrace

He also eats children.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

In terms of travel, is it can travel within your county and if youre on a county border you can go 20kms into the other county, or is it 20km from home OR county?

Make me another one. Now he is aware of 2.
    3 plus two people I work with. Lots of shaggy two-legged dogs out on the roads too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

A feck this for a game of soldiers, the minute any hospitality opens in the North I'm off up there

Don’t come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Were you really expecting there would be? That is completely off the table.

So despite them on the one hand saying they'll have offered everyone vaccines by July - pints are off the table? By that logic they're off the table forever

In terms of travel, is it can travel within your county and if youre on a county border you can go 20kms into the other county, or is it 20km from home OR county?

Travel anywhere in your county you are in however big it is

Yeah maybe I’ve had too much rose. I’m sure I’ll be back to my usually pessimistic self later! But for now I’m just happy to have something to look forward to
    This is what people wanted; a plan to show the way out. It may vary but it is a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

wadacrack wrote: »
    Crazy stat. Obesity needs to addressed after this tbh.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1376915637172248579

ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am the same , talking what I am given and packing my picnic for the 12th . I cannot wait to smell the sea

• Advertisement

when is the press conference

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement