Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Carefree88 wrote: »
    World as we know it is over, if that kinda of rubbish happens

80 year olds in zimmers drinking in the 3 Arena and 20 year olds watching on the outside

What about the kids U18 that cant get vaccinated, don't let them indoors like the Israelis are doing, banning unvaccinated kids from restaurants and cinemas.

Thats a bad road
    Martin did say that they've suffered an awful lot and it's a chance to reconnect with people. I see nothing wrong with it here but it would be problematic with a larger cohort of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I wish that he'd included dates or data, but at least we've got some semblance of their priorities, and anyone who thought pubs were on that list needs to stop drinking.

Same type of plan last year nothing really new except vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Grand speech by his low standards but he should've left out the "new virus" BS.

The UK are getting on fine with this "new virus" so why should we be so scared of it?? Idiotic nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Grand speech by his low standards but he should've left out the "new virus" BS.

The UK are getting on fine with this "new virus" so why should we be so scared of it?? Idiotic nonsense.

They are also getting on fine with vaccinating their pop, we're not. Not yet at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Skygord

I thought the announcement was good. Plan is aligned with pace of vaccination programme, and we have a roadmap ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It should be much less admin just going by age.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭CoronaBlocker

Kivaro wrote: »
    He is going to depress it by depressing anyone who listens to him.

George Lee would be telling you you'd won the euro-millions and somehow you'd come away disappointed and scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Rodin wrote: »
    Obesity is the great untouchable topic in society.
    Massively increases mortaility and morbidity from Covid.

Rodin it’s far from an untouchable topic

Most days on RTÉ for example I hear and see shows talking about dieting and discussions of losing weight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

They are also getting on fine with vaccinating their pop, we're not. Not yet at least.

Absolutely that's true, but I think it's a bit of a stretch to call it a new virus. To do so is more than a bit misleading in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I hate the term/phrase roadmap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Same type of plan last year nothing really new except vaccine

Agreed, but look at how that plan was constantly shunted about (especially pint pubs) as it is, even without dates, at least some industries know they're top of the list for May, or June, or July...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

gozunda wrote: »
    The sooner we get everyone who needs it vaccinated

That would be everyone FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

PCeeeee wrote: »
    It is a favour to your own tame journalist. Keeps them onside, they get something to print and you can use them again to do a bit of kite flying or get something into the public domain.

For instance say you want to see how a budget measure would go down or perhaps you need to inform the public of something about a party rival or indeed a member of the opposition. Without being seen to do so of course.

And of course this cosy relationship means that questions that would make our politicians life uncomfortable are much harder to ask otherwise one of your colleagues gets the info.

Just sounds like human nature at work to me. That's the way of the world .
    We all do similar in our own small bailiwicks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Pet hate of my wife also. It’s very much an Americanism

The first time I recall it being used was the mid 90s when Clinton had a roadmap for Middle Eastern peace

It has been embraced by the Irish for some reason

Another one I can’t stand is ppl saying “big time” when they are emphasising something.

Real bang of American slang off it

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Confused about the 'people from two households can meet outside for social purposes' - was this not already allowed? I thought Stephen Donnelly mentioned it a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Confused about the 'people from two households can meet outside for social purposes' - was this not already allowed? I thought Stephen Donnelly mentioned it a while back.

It was only for exercising up to April 12th

Benimar wrote: »
    Yes but that’s not how it works for some.

Poster: All I want is a plan and I’ll be happy

Plan gets issued.

Poster: Thats not the plan I wanted. It’s too vague/slow/doesn’t allow me to do the specific thing I want* (*delete as appropriate)

That's democracy you're describing there. It's how things move along and improve. Step by step.

I suspect it will be phased out in the third quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

boardise wrote: »
    Just sounds like human nature at work to me. That's the way of the world .
    We all do similar in our own small bailiwicks

Some do. Some don't.

Rodin wrote: »
    Obesity is the great untouchable topic in society.
    Massively increases mortaility and morbidity from Covid.

If someone wants to get fat, sick and die then that's their business. One less pension to pay for the taxpayer. Why fight it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Don’t come back.

I will come back when I want to after having a few lovely pints on my cross border excursions. Might even take a game of 5 a side soccer up there also considering you can't even do that here for another 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Allinall

I will come back when I want to after having a few lovely pints on my cross border excursions. Might even take a game of 5 a side soccer up there also considering you can't even do that here for another 6 weeks

Why would you break restrictions to go across the border for pints, but not do it here to play football?

Doesn’t make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It reminds me of mediocre games with $100m+ budgets that are desperately trying to recoup players' goodwill after releasing an undercooked, bug-riddled mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

I suspect it will be phased out in the third quarter.

Big time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Benimar wrote: »
    Yes but that’s not how it works for some.

Poster: All I want is a plan and I’ll be happy

Plan gets issued.

Poster: Thats not the plan I wanted. It’s too vague/slow/doesn’t allow me to do the specific thing I want* (*delete as appropriate)

A plan by definition has to have proper information.

You dont pay for a set of plans from an architect and just get a nice picture of a building.

Missed everything. Am I right in understanding that intercounty travel and pints are not until July?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Missed everything. Am I right in understanding that intercounty travel and pints are not until July?!?!?

At least. I'd say August for pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Rosita

It's funny how some people take such comfort from the word. Really discomfited some people that the UK had a "roadmap" and we didn't. Pointless word at this stage. Just a series of potentially elastic aspirations to keep the masses quiet.

At least. I'd say August for pints.

Wow. I guess my return to Ireland will be later than I thought. Insanity IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,487 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If they are finally acknowleding that B117 is a "new" and more virulent virus, will all the doomers finally apologise to the Irish people for blaming them for the spikes over christmas?

"The people went mad at christmas" was always bull****, blaming the general public for those spikes required ignoring some pretty obvious inconsistancies, but no doubt those throwing blame will want to have their cake and eat it too in this regard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement