Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

speckle wrote: »
    Raind is it possible to estimate from the graph how many aprrox. do you think were missed in the march/ april wave...thanks

The difference between the orange and blue line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/texas-covid-cases-drop-record-low-nearly-three-weeks-after-mask-mandate-lifted-1579484%3famp=1

Not for a moment suggesting we go like Texas but find this interesting - would make you wonder...I know you can’t compare locations exactly like for like but interesting reading....I know weather is quite different...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

I love how 5% positivity rate is a record low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

When will they open up the restaurants with drinks and the gyms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Devastated I still can't go to Bray!

Why can two vaccinated people meet indoors? Why not three? Or ten? I don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Allinall wrote: »
    Why would you break restrictions to go across the border for pints, but not do it here to play football?

Doesn’t make any sense.

Of course it makes sense, I can hardly break restrictions down here to play 5 a side football when the facilities are all closed. I will probably go to the gym as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Meeting others outdoors is all very fine but not in gardens is daft .
    I and my friend are a bit too old to sit on the grass so if we sit on a bench we are actually a bit close . So I will be meeting in my garden where we can spread out a bit better and sit on comfy chairs
    And No we wont be sharing spoons or licking the same knife
    And we know where the anti bac wipes are if by any chance she needs to loo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Lollipop95 wrote: »

I seen a pub in Lisbon with a barber shop, but I don’t think a restaurant with a gym serving drinks would work :)

Lollipop95 wrote: »

Pubs will open For a 3 week period in mid July until August with the 9 euro virus protector enforced. Closed down again by mid August so the schools can reopen ok because the vaccines only work 99 percent against some new variant or as Michael calls it new disease and nphet are worried about the hospitals again. Rinse and repeat till we run out of money

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

nocoverart wrote: »
    I seen a pub in Lisbon with a barber shop, but I don’t think a restaurant with a gym serving drinks would work :)

Barbells and Sixpacks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Why can two vaccinated people meet indoors? Why not three? Or ten? I don't get it.

Rte website says people who are vaccinated can meet other vaccinated people indoors but must be from only one other household. If that's the case would it be necessarily limited to 1 per household?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭techdiver

Because there is no evidence being used in this country. It's all extrapolated guess work. We don't have an adequate test and trace system in place so instead of that we work off assumptions as opposed to science.

Not allowing safe outdoor sports whilst simultaneously allowing intercounty training to recommence is not based on any solid science. The whole thing loses credibility as a result.

It has been decided that we will not live with any risk when it comes to this virus. We have one plan and that is lockdown until we have everyone vaccinated or we have no cases in hospital. NPHET gained serious power due to the Christmas surge and now the government is in a perpetual state of fear of going against anything they say no matter the damage to the economy or society as a whole.

NPHET have no concern for wider society they are only concerned with covid numbers. The government is supposed to weigh up their recommendations along with what balances with wider society. They no longer do that and fully implement what NPHET demand. It would be akin to handing over public policy to An Garda Síochána during a crime wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

Pubs will open For a 3 week period in mid July until August with the 9 euro virus protector enforced. Closed down again by mid August so the schools can reopen ok because the vaccines only work 99 percent against some new variant or as Michael calls it new disease and nphet are worried about the hospitals again. Rinse and repeat till we run out of money

Do people still think these comments are funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I and my friend are a bit too old to sit on the grass so if we sit on a bench we are actually a bit close . So I will be meeting in my garden where we can spread out a bit better and sit on comfy chairs

Absolutely agree. We don't have parks anywhere near by but could meet very safely in our garden. There's another couple nearby that we are very friendly with and, like ourselves, are past sitting on the grass somewhere that we'd all have to travel to. I think we may have to meet in the garden, much as it goes against the grain of us keeping to the restrictions to date. We could also meet our grandchildren in our garden much easier than trying to find some neutral venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭redarmy

Three travellers staying in mandatory hotel quarantine have tested positive for Covid-19 and have been moved to a ‘Covid wing’ within the Crowne Plaza Hotel near Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Barbells and Sixpacks

What a great name for it. Scrap what I said, a restaurant with a gym serving drinks sounds like a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

What is the problem with inter county travel ffs, I haven't seen my mother since before Christmas, it's a two hour drive that I can easily do without stopping, ridiculous crap that's gone on long enough

celt262 wrote: »
    Do people still think these comments are funny?

Not meant to be funny, it's the truth just wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

A plan by definition has to have proper information.

You dont pay for a set of plans from an architect and just get a nice picture of a building.

A detailed map or diagram is only one definition of a plan. It's also an intention or decision about what one is going to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Rte website says people who are vaccinated can meet other vaccinated people indoors but must be from only one other household. If that's the case would it be necessarily limited to 1 per household?

Yeah I see now it's two households rather than two people. Still don't get why there's any limit though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Tails142 wrote: »
    What is the problem with inter county travel ffs, I haven't seen my mother since before Christmas, it's a two hour drive that I can easily do without stopping, ridiculous crap that's gone on long enough

I thought you’re allowed visit parents? I have been anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Be interesting to hear the estimate on the r number on Thursday. I didn't see it being over 1 like they said.

Tails142 wrote: »

Just pick a reason from all the exclusions and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Allinall

Of course it makes sense, I can hardly break restrictions down here to play 5 a side football when the facilities are all closed. I will probably go to the gym as well.

Why not just break into the facilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Benimar wrote: »
    It was only for exercising up to April 12th

To be fair Donelly mentioned going for a walk/run and then a coffee, which can be seen as a quite lax definition of exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I hate the term/phrase roadmap.

Grass routes? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Be interesting to hear the estimate on the r number on Thursday. I didn't see it being over 1 like they said.

IIRC, the R calculation on Thursday will be based on case data up to Monday. It probably will still be slightly above 1.

But anyway, their modelling is pretty irrelevant. If case numbers actually start going down again that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,655 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So Leo Varadkar said they would look at hospitality at the end of June, I presume this means that cafes,restaurants in shopping centres that don't serve alcohol and sit down areas in the likes of Supermacs or Delis can't open either?

Why do they keep emphasizing golf at these "roadmaps to freedom", as if it were the must-have morsel of freedom the entire population seeks to enjoy; or some barometer of success against COVID-19?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Your ignorance of the well known dangers of sitting in gardens is shocking!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement