Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone have the hospital numbers from last night/ this morning?

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0331/1207118-coronavirus-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Kivaro wrote: »
    Good news that Covid hospitalisations are now below 300. You wouldn't think it listening to all the negativity from RTE this morning. "High numbers", "4th Wave" all repeated in the 7 am morning news. And then they had a list of union reps lined up to argue against the vaccination by age change announced yesterday.

One can only hope that the actual 4th wave is actually a bye-bye wave to RTE in their current format, because they are pitiful.

Thus I'm watching the UK news rather than the Irish, the UK is full of positivity and "getting it all going"... As you have stated above, all they do here is try and fill people with dread and worry... they can just f*ck off.

Thus I'm watching the UK news rather than the Irish, the UK is full of positivity and "getting it all going"... As you have stated above, all they do here is try and fill people with dread and worry... they can just f*ck off.
    TBF it's a lot easier to be upbeat when they've done so many first shots. That might be us in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,443 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Good news that Covid hospitalisations are now below 300. You wouldn't think it listening to all the negativity from RTE this morning. "High numbers", "4th Wave" all repeated in the 7 am morning news. And then they had a list of union reps lined up to argue against the vaccination by age change announced yesterday.

One can only hope that the actual 4th wave is actually a bye-bye wave to RTE in their current format, because they are pitiful.

Any time Leo tried to say anything remotely positive last night on prime time, Murayum was butting in with some negative crap about "varyunts" or what not.

I truly don't understand the mentality.

is_that_so wrote: »
    TBF it's a lot easier to be upbeat when they've done so many first shots. That might be us in June.

I really hope so, June would be a great time to kick things into "upbeat" mode.

• Advertisement

I really hope so, June would be a great time to kick things into "upbeat" mode.
    I'm gone from believing that to being cautiously hopeful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

268 days until Christmas!

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Its posted here daily but headline - it's 290 hospitalised of which 65 are ICU

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/coronavirus-daily-operations-updates.html

268 days until Christmas!

Meaningful Christmas, you mean. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

You must be watching fake news if that’s what your getting from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

We have plenty of fake news to choose from in fairness with ISAG getting airtime on all our main media sources.

I thought the term "fake news" was only used by idiots?

We have plenty of fake news to choose from in fairness with ISAG getting airtime on all our main media sources.

That’s not fake news, the fake news is the anti isag propaganda which the same media and the government spin out against them.

I thought the term "fake news" was only used by idiots?

You’ve just used it there ergo your an idiot. Ha ha hoisted on your own petard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

That’s not fake news, the fake news is the anti isag propaganda which the same media and the government spin out against them.

It kind of is. We've had members of ISAG suggest that the vaccines are infective against variants without providing a shred of proof

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

lawred2 wrote: »
    Any time Leo tried to say anything remotely positive last night on prime time, Murayum was butting in with some negative crap about "varyunts" or what not.

I truly don't understand the mentality.

Because misery sells, older people are glued to RTE, advertising goes up, RTE get some dosh.

ShyMets wrote: »
    It kind of is. We've had members of ISAG suggest that the vaccines are infective against variants without providing a shred of proof

The other side never do that at all sure they don’t. Who specifically said those things and when ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

You’ve just used it there ergo your an idiot. Ha ha hoisted on your own petard.

The poster seemed well aware of the potential for perceived irony, that's why they put "it" in quotation form.

Now I've used the term too, by virtue of my "it" reference.

The other side never do that at all sure they don’t. Who specifically said those things and when ?

Check out Sam McConkey and Antony Staines twitter feeds

The poster seemed well aware of the potential for perceived irony, that's why he put "it" in quotation form.

Now I've used the term too, by virtue of my "it" reference.

No what the poster was trying to do was call me an idiot from behind his twitching curtain

• Advertisement

I don’t use Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

297 this morning.

Great to see it below the 300. Maybe below 200 end of April?

I don’t use Twitter.

You dont need to have an account. Just type in one of their names with twitter and their twitter feed will come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

No what the poster was trying to do was call me an idiot from behind his twitching curtain

Accepted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

You must be inhaling solvents or very exotic fungal spores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

That explains a lot.

Or don't, if you value your sanity.

True.... But I don't use curtains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Yes I agree the Hospital numbers are great. And that should be widely acknowledged.

Unfortunately that's not the whole story with regard to the rare of infection which does appear to be rising albeit slowly.

But that's the problem with this virus - it can go from 0 to 60 in a very short period as we Unfortunately saw over the Christmas period. (And no that's not to assign blame to anyone btw)

I will admit to only selectively listening to / reading the media. Much of it is - as its too often was - based on headlines. And you can give a lot of that a wide berth most days imho

OwenM wrote: »
    You must be inhaling solvents or very exotic fungal spores.

Fungal spores are in the air no matter what, you would have to operate in an air tight clean room to avoid them.

Again solvents are inherent in modern societies the amount of toxins in your own home would alarm anyone.

If you’re going use a put down use one you understand..

• Advertisement

I’ve had a look at mcconkeys Twitter and from I can see there no mention of what your on about.

Post the tweets if you want to be taken seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement