Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Comments

That’s someone else quote. It all started because people won’t accept that new virus strain are new viruses and thus there is a real risk that the vaccines won’t at some stage work at all.

Except that you are wrong, completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

wadacrack wrote: »
    France with a hard lockdown. Schools the main reason why its happened it seems. Hopefully we can avoid a 4th wave here.

https://twitter.com/BFMTV/status/1377324709696655374
    Wombatman wrote: »
    B117 + Schools = Sh1tshow
    Irish Times - "Outbreaks among schoolgoers more than doubled last week".

"New data from the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) show 49 outbreaks among schoolgoers compared with 22 the week before. The surveillance centre report notes that these outbreaks are associated with school children or school staff and transmission of the virus within the school has not necessarily been established."

Always a bit slow to accept that transmission can take place in schools.

Someone with more Photoshop skills than me feel free to put Donnelly's head onto Ali's

They said they'd monitor Schools closely after they re-opened them and act accordingly

They fcuking lied

53xnte.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Over 4 million tests completed to date.

About 500,000 processed a month now.

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Someone with more Photoshop skills than me feel free to put Donnelly's head onto Ali's

They said they'd monitor Schools closely after they re-opened them and act accordingly

They fcuking lied

53xnte.jpg

Except for facts. Where last week over 6,500 tests following contact tracing in 257 schools found only a 1.9% positive rate. That’s less than 1 in 50 children or teachers who have been exposed to a confirmed case going on to test positive.

But everyone should plough on and make themselves feel better about themselves by piling on the 10% of the population who have 10% of cases

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Golfman64

Concern plans to extend hotel quarantine could breach EU citizens’ rights
    via The Irish Times
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/concern-plans-to-extend-hotel-quarantine-could-breach-eu-citizens-rights-1.4525043

Hopefully the beginning of the end of the total madness around international travel. Scary that this is even a possibility...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Except for facts. Where last week over 6,500 tests following contact tracing in 257 schools found only a 1.9% positive rate.

Do you honestly believe those statistics aren't being "massaged" to favour their stance on Schools for the past year?

A friend of mine works as a teacher, she's told me it's been one cover up after another for 12 months now

Do you honestly believe those statistics aren't being "massaged" to favour their stance on Schools for the past year?

A friend of mine works as a teacher, she's told me it's been one cover up after another for 12 months now

Your friend definitely trumps facts.

Since return there has been clear data. In the two weeks to the 30th 270 schools were reported as having cases on the Facebook page tracking this. Last week 257 schools have 6500 tests with less than 2% positive. Show the evidence that they are hiding cases?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Except for facts. Where last week over 6,500 tests following contact tracing in 257 schools found only a 1.9% positive rate. That’s less than 1 in 50 children or teachers who have been exposed to a confirmed case going on to test positive.

But everyone should plough on and make themselves feel better about themselves by piling on the 10% of the population who have 10% of cases

I've been banging the "schools are causing spread" drum for a while now but having had a look at the positivity rates in school age kids over the past number of weeks, there doesn't seem to be any clear correlation between rising cases in children and schools reopening. There is an increase, but it seems to start before schools reopened. I'd be inclined to agree with you on this point for a change.

I'm still concerned that we're ignoring reports of the UK variant spreading more in kids, but it doesn't seem to be having a significant impact on our numbers, so it's hard to complain too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭Russman

Golfman64 wrote: »
    via The Irish Times
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/concern-plans-to-extend-hotel-quarantine-could-breach-eu-citizens-rights-1.4525043

Hopefully the beginning of the end of the total madness around international travel. Scary that this is even a possibility...

Why do you think it’s total madness ?
    I’m not sure where you’re coming from, maybe I’ve picked it up wrong, do you think unrestricted travel in the middle of a pandemic is a good thing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Russman wrote: »
    Why do you think it’s total madness ?
    I’m not sure where you’re coming from, maybe I’ve picked it up wrong, do you think unrestricted travel in the middle of a pandemic is a good thing ?

There,'s a middle ground between unrestricted travel and measures that effectively stop people from seeing family who live abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,055 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Please take this to the heard it from a friend forum, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Golfman64 wrote: »
    via The Irish Times

Why is it a madness? How do you think each of the 3 covid variants got here causing our 3 waves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

No I don't believe any of that conspiracy theory stuff.

There is no covering up of anything as they know once this is over every aspect of how it was handled will be scrutinised.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Your friend definitely trumps facts.

Since return there has been clear data. In the two weeks to the 30th 270 schools were reported as having cases on the Facebook page tracking this. Last week 257 schools have 6500 tests with less than 2% positive. Show the evidence that they are hiding cases?

Emma O'Kelly did a piece on the news showing that in most cases there were deemed to be no close contacts in most school cases pre Christmas. Clearly they don't treat school cases the same as everywhere else so the clear data is as clear as mud

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hospital numbers at 8pm

Total 272 (down from 290 last night)
    ICU 64 (down from 65 last night - 1 death)

Good decrease so far this week - 331 in hospital at 8am Monday morning.

Last Wednesday
    Total 325
    ICU 76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So only yesterday MM stated there would be 1 million doses administered in April,a day later and that is revised down to 860,000. You couldn't make it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Approx 10% of the traveller population have tested positive for covid. If that was repeated in the general population that would be about 500,000 confirmed cases.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1377329765175197698/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A website allowing for everyone to register for a Covid vaccine will be available within two or three weeks, the Taoiseach has told the Dáil.

The portal will be available to allow everyone to apply from mid-April or the third week of next month, Micheál Martin told Deputies.

He said the aim was to have 80 per cent of the population vaccinated by the end of June, and not just offered the vaccine.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/everyone-will-be-able-to-register-for-their-vaccine-jab-on-new-online-portal-by-third-week-of-april-taoiseach-40260994.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A website allowing for everyone to register for a Covid vaccine will be available within two or three weeks, the Taoiseach has told the Dáil.

The portal will be available to allow everyone to apply from mid-April or the third week of next month, Micheál Martin told Deputies.

He said the aim was to have 80 per cent of the population vaccinated by the end of June, and not just offered the vaccine.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/everyone-will-be-able-to-register-for-their-vaccine-jab-on-new-online-portal-by-third-week-of-april-taoiseach-40260994.html

1 shot or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Approx 10% of the traveller population have tested positive for covid. If that was repeated in the general population that would be about 500,000 confirmed cases.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1377329765175197698/photo/1

I expect not far off that. There was a good chunk infected back in March and April 2020. And probably December and January also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

So only yesterday MM stated there would be 1 million doses administered in April,a day later and that is revised down to 860,000. You couldn't make it up
    They have missed literally every single target they have set. But continue to "hold firm" guys!!!!

darem93 wrote: »
    They have missed literally every single target they have set. But continue to "hold firm" guys!!!!

And wait until the May and June targets are not met either

Hold firmer

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Hold firmer

The next 5 months are crucial

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

Oh 100%, it's the one thing we can be sure of that those targets will be missed too. And the target for April will also magically get lower as each week passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

Messi19 wrote: »
    Emma O'Kelly did a piece on the news showing that in most cases there were deemed to be no close contacts in most school cases pre Christmas. Clearly they don't treat school cases the same as everywhere else so the clear data is as clear as mud

Exactly. But a Facebook page ‘tracking data’ re school transmission is definitive in analysis? Garbage in = garbage out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Over 4 million tests completed to date.

About 500,000 processed a month now.

4 million tests is a failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

"THE HEAD OF the HSE has urged the public to “hold firm” over Covid-19 restriction measures.

Paul Reid, chief executive of the HSE, acknowledged that the public are worried about jobs and bills, but added that there “are bright days ahead”.

He made the comments as the number of patients with Covid-19 in hospitals continues to fall.

Recent figures show that by yesterday, 298 patients with coronavirus were admitted to 29 hospitals across the state.

In a tweet Reid said: “Like many people, today I feel for my family and friends who are worried about their jobs, are anxious over bills and are feeling stress.

“I miss our family and our grand daughter abroad. There is lots of help out there though and there are bright days ahead. Hold firm.”

May 2020.

"THE HEAD OF the HSE has urged the public to “hold firm” over Covid-19 restriction measures.

Paul Reid, chief executive of the HSE, acknowledged that the public are worried about jobs and bills, but added that there “are bright days ahead”.

He made the comments as the number of patients with Covid-19 in hospitals continues to fall.

Recent figures show that by yesterday, 298 patients with coronavirus were admitted to 29 hospitals across the state.

In a tweet Reid said: “Like many people, today I feel for my family and friends who are worried about their jobs, are anxious over bills and are feeling stress.

“I miss our family and our grand daughter abroad. There is lots of help out there though and there are bright days ahead. Hold firm.”

May 2020.

Nice twist at the end.

5 stars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭techdiver

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement