Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    And dead right too! I worked my ass off in Jan and Feb with online learning and my kids will not have missed anything by the time the holidays roll around in June. As a side note I have a stay cation booked and my kids are booked into summer camps in July so Norma can f right off! Id have happily worked back the 3 days this week that are there for exceptional closure but no way will I be working in July

:D deadright lets give all frontline works the summer off sure, i think they worked a hell of a lot harder than teachers in Jan and Feb to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

corkonion wrote: »
    Very easy to achieve this, I fully expect a phone call by June offering me a vaccination in August or September

You have to sign up on a website first, isn’t that what there saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

dockysher wrote: »
    :D deadright lets give all frontline works the summer off sure, i think they worked a hell of a lot harder than teachers in Jan and Feb to be honest

Oh I didnt realise teachers only recently started getting the summer off! Silly me. I thought the holidays were always there...

Oh I didnt realise teachers only recently started getting the summer off! Silly me. I thought the holidays were always there...

There seasonal

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ireland doesn’t test asymptomatic people.

What the actual sh*te are you talking about?

These walk-in testing centres are to find asymptomatic cases.

If you’re a close contact and you are asymptomatic, you get tested.

Desperate posting in here lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

There seasonal

I'm sure you meant "they're seasonal" 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I'm sure you meant "they're seasonal" ��

You can take the teacher out of school ......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Only 107 cases in NI, positivity rate of 0.89%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Only 107 cases in NI, positivity rate of 0.89%.

Vaccines work

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Faugheen wrote: »

He went straight to my ignore list for that. Outside of the new walk-in centers (which are a new development, yes) Ireland is doing serial testing in hospitals and nursing homes, plus testing close contacts even if they don't have symptoms.
    It's not hard to check the HPSC weekly report (https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/surveillance/epidemiologyofcovid-19inirelandweeklyreports/) and see that the % of asymptomatic is anywhere from 20-60% of the total reported cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Eod100 wrote: »

Big step . Will allow a lot of activities to resume in the summer . Including bigger events

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Big step . Will allow a lot of activities to resume in the summer . Including bigger events

Will it? How?

Antigen's testing really seems to be overstated imo. Everyone wants it to be something that so far at least I understand it hasn't yet proved it can actually be. The necessary reliability isn't there?

Open to correction.

Not sure why it wasnt brought in sooner tbh, get its not as good as pcr but when its a choice between antigen and no test whatsoever seems like a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Eod100 wrote: »
    Not sure why it wasnt brought in sooner tbh, get its not as good as pcr but when its a choice between antigen and no test whatsoever seems like a no brainer.

thought nphet were against it last year ? too much hope or somethinhg

Turtwig wrote: »
    Will it? How?

Antigen's testing really seems to be overstated imo. Everyone wants it to be something that so far at least I understand it hasn't yet proved it can actually be. The necessary reliability isn't there?

Open to correction.

Just say a final in Croke Park in September . You could have rapid testing tents before you enter the stadium . Or for concerts etc

Vaccines work

Indeed. And Luke O’Neill this morning talked through the research now from Israel and the US that shows that Pfizer really substantially reduces transmission. AZ results not out yet but is expected to be the same

Turtwig wrote: »
    Will it? How?

Open to correction.

Looks like it will have a role in these areas to start with at least, maybe over time will be expanded in long term.

https://twitter.com/ZaraKing/status/1377620970345746444

Faugheen wrote: »

Once again people don’t read the post in context of the conversation that proceeded and or the follow up reply.

“15 months on Ireland starts it first dedicated no appointment walk in test centre”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Vaccines work

I'm a bit nervous taking a new mRNA vaccine but give it to me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Once again people don’t read the post in context of the conversation that proceeded and or the follow up reply.

“15 months on Ireland starts it first dedicated no appointment walk in test centre”
    15 months ago was Wednesday, 1 January 2020 so what's your point? COVID didn't hit us till March, which was 13 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just say a final in Croke Park in September . You could have rapid testing tents before you enter the stadium . Or for concerts etc

But if they have a larger margin for error than normal testing I'm not sure how useful this is? If you've 80,000 people with a decent margin for error you could easily be letting people into the stadium with false negatives

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

553 positive swabs, 2.83% positivity on 19,535 tests.
    7 day test positivity is 3.2%.

Probably looking at 700ish cases tonight though considering cases were a lot lower than swabs yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cjyid

Below 3% again. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

cjyid wrote: »
    Below 3% again. Nice.

I wonder what the cause of the brief surge was? It really doesn't look like it was the schools at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Probably looking at 700ish cases tonight though considering cases were a lot lower than swabs yesterday.
    7-Day-Swabs.png
    7 Day Swab Averages:
    01/04: 582 (-3.92%)
    24/03: 606 (+13.98%)
    18/03: 531 (+2.28%)
    11/03: 520

I reckon yesterday a lot of the positive tests from the new pop up centres might have filtered through. Anyone who has a positive test in the previous 12 weeks is not reported as positive case. With standard testing they have this information up front and those being tested are symptomatic or close contacts. In the pop up centres they probably have to verify the history of the individual before confirming positive, possibly resulting in bulk reporting.

Otherwise the data look like an anomoly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Possibly, upto ~850, but it sometimes takes a couple of days for it to wash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

I reckon yesterday a lot of the positive tests from the new pop centres might have filtered through. Anyone who has a positive test in the previous 12 weeks is not reported as positive case. With standard testing they have this information up front and those being tested are symptomatic or close contacts. In the pop up centres they probably have to verify the history of the individual before confirming positive, possibly resulting in bulk reporting.

Otherwise the data look like an anomoly

Number of swabs was only 11 higher than the number for the week before. The number of cases was issued earlier than normal, quite possible that some of the case number data is missing from yesterdays total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

For comparison to last week

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1375105197832339458

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement