Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    The Focus has been simply on the "Stay at home" message, nothing else... Seems to be no real strategy for sports apart from those which generate revenue and are done by the very wealthy, i.e. Horse racing.

People banned from going for a jog or a cycle with anyone or traveling to somewhere it's safe to have a walk for fear of being handed a €100 fine by the Gards and told to go home... No restrictions on the sale of cheap Alcohol or junk foods being delivered to your door...

Dominos announced a 25% increase in profits - you couldn't make it up.

We've had our freedoms and democratic rights eviscerated for over a year but don't tell Sean or Mary to stop stuffing their face with cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

We've had our freedoms and democratic rights eviscerated for over a year but don't tell Sean or Mary to stop stuffing their face with cake.

I’ve noticed McDonald’s drive thru has had to put out traffic marshals in its Athlone branch recently such is the demand

All kinds of irony in the mitigation to fight a disease that targets obesity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Just looking at some figures i seen in article there, the north has about 60% of adults with a fiirst dose. Why is there no demand for easing of restrictions up there? They seem to be relatively happy keep restrictions in place.

Is it they dont want to be seen to be doing the same as England? same with Scotland and Wales will they remain with restrictions longer than England to see how it goes. I have never actually seen anything in any UK country about a public and business demand or even a want to ease restrictions?
    all areas have similar vaccine levels i assume

They have a road map with dates in place. There was a bit of kite flying before their last announcement that hospitality would be looked at in June. Demand from that sector brought it forward to the end of May.
    From tomorrow, they have driving lessons and tests restarting, hairdressers opening and outdoor sports. Next Friday there will be more easing and so on. They're opening up. Granted, it's slower than England...but they're usually behind with everything.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I’ve noticed McDonald’s drive thru has had to put out traffic marshals in its Athlone branch recently such is the demand

All kinds of irony in the mitigation to fight a disease that targets obesity

:confused:

Not sure of the point either of you are trying to make?

Are you calling for restrictions on fast food?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

But you just did.

Earnings before interest and taxes in Ireland and the UK amounted to £104.3 million, which was up slightly from £102.4 million in 2019. Revenue from its Irish operations was down slightly from £27.7 million in 2019 to £26.8 million. Overall group revenue fell by 0.6 per cent to £505.1 million.

It comes after the group reported like-for-like sales up 11% in 2020, and an underlying pre-tax profit of £101.2 million, up £2.4 million on 2019

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Parachutes wrote: »
    Sorry you could go to the shop too :rolleyes:

Stop trying to move the goalposts. We’ve been under one form of restriction or another for 13 months.

Pretty much like every other country in Europe. And I'll include the UK in that. Germany's has been particularly severe - they been in their current lockdown since early December and with their current rate of infection they won't be ruling back too much for a while.

The thing about comparing restrictions / lockdowns across Europe is that most of the big countries such as France, Germany and Spain have all have had regionally directed restrictions and lockdowns (many regions the size of Ireland or larger). This makes any proper country to country comparison almost impossible and like much of Germany they're not particularly transparent. Yeah and I know we've had the longest/strictest/harshest lockdown in the whole universe and we haven't been left outside our houses in 13 months :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭Penfailed

We were in the best position to relax restrictions in May 2020 knowing what we did about Covid and its danger to only the elderly

That's why we began to ease restrictions on the 18th of May 2020.
    "Only the elderly"? What do you class as elderly? Forget about the longterm effects to a cohort of people, not necessarily elderly?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

Graham wrote: »
    :confused:

Not sure of the point either of you are trying to make?

Are you calling for restrictions on fast food?

I hope not as I indulge occasionally.

But much like the smoking campaign where they spent a lot of money to make sure the public were made aware of the health risks, with the aim of reducing the burden smoking-related illnesses place on the health system, obesity should have long ago been better highlighted for the serious health risks it poses, and would pay dividends down the line for reducing costs for health services.

You can still buy cigarettes, but you’re informed about the risks.

In relation to Covid, obesity is a major risk factor for serious illness but for some reason we shy away from doing as much as possible to spread awareness of that fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

gozunda wrote: »
    Pretty much like every other country in Europe. And I'll include the UK in that. Germany's has been particularly severe - they been in their current lockdown since early December and with their current rate of infection they won't be ruling back too much for a while.

The thing about comparing restrictions / lockdowns across Europe is that most of the big countries such as France, Germany and Spain have all have had regionally directed restrictions and lockdowns (many regions the size of Ireland or larger). This makes any proper country to country comparison almost impossible and like much of Germany they're not particularly transparent. Yeah and I know we've had the longest/strictest/harshest lockdown in the whole universe and we haven't been left outside our houses in 13 months :rolleyes:

Germany lessened some of their restrictions in March though. You can get a haircut there for example. Construction also didn't close.

Hell, the restrictions they're protesting about coming in atm are actually laxer than ours (bar the 10pm - 5am curfew).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Just looking at some figures i seen in article there, the north has about 60% of adults with a fiirst dose. Why is there no demand for easing of restrictions up there? They seem to be relatively happy keep restrictions in place.

Is it they dont want to be seen to be doing the same as England? same with Scotland and Wales will they remain with restrictions longer than England to see how it goes. I have never actually seen anything in any UK country about a public and business demand or even a want to ease restrictions?
    all areas have similar vaccine levels i assume

They've announced their opening plan :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Boggles wrote: »
    But you just did.

That would be a fair statement only for the fact that 25% increase is exactly what was reported on the radio (BBC) this morning.

titan18 wrote: »
    Germany lessened some of their restrictions in March though. You can get a haircut there for example. Construction also didn't close.

Hell, the restrictions they're protesting about coming in atm are actually laxer than ours (bar the 10pm - 5am curfew).

Not quite - most were extended not removed

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210323-germany-extends-covid-19-restrictions-into-april-including-strict-easter-lockdown

Again nearly impossible to compare. Their restrictions / lockdowns have all been implemented on a regional basis.
    Try reading up on them - and unless you've a degree in technical German you can forget about it. But yeah overall their current restrictions have been in place since early December and are not going anywhere soon. The current changes are being brought in to harmonise the patchwork of different measures taken by Germany’s 16 states for much of the pandemic.

Most of the stuff which was supposed to be rolled back in March bar haircuts as above wasn't rolled back at all. And their infection rate atm is nothing to be envied. I reckon I'd skip my haircut for that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I have to say, I'm pretty fuming right now. For all the talk about how the US has screwed up COVID, I'm glad I'm here and not in Ireland. My aunt is dying of cancer, a couple weeks to live. She's in Cork. My father, in Dublin, is fully vaccinated, but cannot go see her. What are they afraid will happen? That he will transmit COVID to a dying woman? She has a couple of weeks, for Christ's sake. My mother, not yet 70, hasn't had her first shot yet.
    I'm sitting here with the option of travel if I feel it necessary, one in three people in this city of 2mil has had a first shot (incl 46-year-old me, my second is next week), one in four is fully vaccinated (incl my wife). Whatever about the amount of idiots around here who refuse to wear masks, at least the government seems to be acting with some reality. What's the Irish government's explanation behind this level of lockdown and slowness of vaccination? Haircuts are one thing, visits by vaccinated family members are another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

gansi wrote: »
    Very true and yet in the last year we’ve only heard about one thing. No focus on getting people fitter, eating healthy, 5 a day etc. Not sure about dancing around people’s feelings because lots do go to gym or join slimming clubs, so there is an awareness or at least there was an awareness around it.

Hey you are wonderfully right and sensible about it all; so you can do it all? We all know all this and up to each of us. Not anyone's responsibility and choice but ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

I have to say, I'm pretty fuming right now. For all the talk about how the US has screwed up COVID, I'm glad I'm here and not in Ireland. My aunt is dying of cancer, a couple weeks to live. She's in Cork. My father, in Dublin, is fully vaccinated, but cannot go see her. What are they afraid will happen? That he will transmit COVID to a dying woman? She has a couple of weeks, for Christ's sake. My mother, not yet 70, hasn't had her first shot yet.
    I'm sitting here with the option of travel if I feel it necessary, one in three people in this city of 2mil has had a first shot (incl 46-year-old me, my second is next week), one in four is fully vaccinated (incl my wife). Whatever about the amount of idiots around here who refuse to wear masks, at least the government seems to be acting with some reality. What's the Irish government's explanation behind this level of lockdown and slowness of vaccination? Haircuts are one thing, visits by vaccinated family members are another.

Why can't your father go and see her?

This is from the gov.ie site regarding travel under Level 5

travel outside the set limits is allowed....

"for vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, and in particular for those who live alone, but excluding social family visits".

I would have thought the situation you have outlined would definitely qualify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The slowness of vaccination is caused by lack of supply.

The level 5 restrictions probably allow your father to travel to see your aunt.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/#travel-restrictions
    - for vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, and in particular for those who live alone, but excluding social family visits

Obviously that's a matter of interpretation.

In any case, the reason for restricting social visits is not to keep alive the terminally ill, it's to stop people mixing indoors and spreading the virus to each other. There have been loads of outbreaks around funerals, for instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The US didn't screw up covid as much as people like to believe, it's way down the list in terms of deaths per capita. Definitely not screwing up on vaccinations anyway.

Sorry about your aunt. Its absolutely inhumane the way they are treating sick people in hospital and their families. There is no "science" behind forcing people to spend their last days alone. Disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

For anyone bigging up Leo a few days ago for having a dainty little powerpoint, it only takes him a few days to retreat from it. Very little has happened in the 'few days' he talks about.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/covid-varadkar-not-as-confident-over-reopening-pace-as-some-days-ago-1115818.html

Sorry to hear about your aunt. Never an easy time. However afaik the HSE guidelines do permit visits on compassionate grounds.

This taken from their current guidance

https://i.imgflip.com/56pazm.jpg

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/guidance/infectionpreventionandcontrolguidance/webinarresourcesforipc/Visiting%2520Guidance%2520webinar%2520301020%2520final.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjbspGX_pHwAhULSRUIHbxvCC0QFjABegQIChAC&usg=AOvVaw0zqBEUzzuhwespoPDJxnii

Get back on to the place where your Aunt is and query what you've been told.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Lumen wrote: »
    The slowness of vaccination is caused by lack of supply.

In which case it seems the US government did a better job of obtaining supply.
    The level 5 restrictions probably allow your father to travel to see your aunt.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/#travel-restrictions

Obviously that's a matter of interpretation.

In any case, the reason for restricting social visits is not to keep alive the terminally ill, it's to stop people mixing indoors and spreading the virus to each other. There have been loads of outbreaks around funerals, for instance.

Apparently visiting a dying woman isn't considered "vital". Which is fair, I wouldn't consider it vital either. Compassionate, time sensitive, but not vital.

As to the last paragraph, then tailor the rules with a little bit more specificity which draws a balance between risk and benefit.

[Edit. I'm just venting here, not directing at you in particular]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Tork

Have your folks tried to make the journey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why are we still in level 5?

why are we still in level 5?

To help stop the spread of Coronavirus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Allinall wrote: »
    To help stop the spread of Coronavirus.
    they are other levels that can do that to, like level 4 thats never been officially used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭showpony1

Dr Colm Henry said it is not certain yet, but it "may well be the case" that we are facing either annual or biannual booster shots of the vaccine.

Lockdown again next winter while every single one of the population, not just the vulnerable, gets their booster.

they are other levels that can do that to, like level 4 thats never been officially used.

They could also come up with a level 6.

If we were in level 4, people would be asking why, as we could be in level 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

showpony1 wrote: »
    Dr Colm Henry said it is not certain yet, but it "may well be the case" that we are facing either annual or biannual booster shots of the vaccine.

Lockdown again next winter while every single one of the population, not just the vulnerable, gets their booster.

Yeah 'living with covid' my swiss

Our economy can't take another big lockdown as well as mental health

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Allinall wrote: »
    They could also come up with a level 6.

If we were in level 4, people would be asking why, as we could be in level 3.
    or better they could let people know if they are at risk they should take whatever caution they like, and let rest live as normal, no need to tell everyone to sit at home because some vulnerable person might catch it nonsense.
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah 'living with covid' my swiss

Our economy can't take another big lockdown as well as mental health

well come autumn or whatever once vaccines will be everywhere and most vaccinated, imagine their bull**** wont fly with anyone to constitute any more restrictions, or lockdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrMiyagi12345

Graces7 wrote: »
    Hey you are wonderfully right and sensible about it all; so you can do it all? We all know all this and up to each of us. Not anyone's responsibility and choice but ours.

Could argue the exact same about obeying restrictions. If someone wants to eat themselves into an early grave that's their perogative. Likewise it's my perogative to get on with my life. I should not have my freedoms curtailed to protect them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭walus

Haha

13 months of being the worlds strictest most suppressed nation, we now look “about right”

If we were in lockdown until 2050 with food trucks delivering supplies, the same posters would continue to defend the same policies at all costs

Precisely. The next 6 months are crucial lads. We are nearly there. Hold firm ffs.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Corholio wrote: »
    For anyone bigging up Leo a few days ago for having a dainty little powerpoint, it only takes him a few days to retreat from it. Very little has happened in the 'few days' he talks about.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/covid-varadkar-not-as-confident-over-reopening-pace-as-some-days-ago-1115818.html

That's because Tony is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭walus

We were in the best position to relax restrictions in May 2020 knowing what we did about Covid and its danger to only the elderly

Having Europe’s youngest population was a better defence than any vaccine

Here we are though, with the economic prospects of Ireland absolutely obliterated, and continuing as Europe’s most suppressed country for a few more months “just in case”

I wonder will the permanent lockdown defenders on here disappear when the economic catastrophe becomes fully evident in Ireland? The whole “every country is the same” is total rubbish, even France has kept its businesses open despite its “strict lockdown” as reported by RTE

Make no mistake, they will be nowhere to be found.
    Looking at the figures it is staggering how much more debt we now have getting into this recession in comparison with the 2008. How one can think that this is just going to blow off?

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

I reckon Dr Colm Henry is correct about needing boosters.

But what you've added is just nonsense.

Once infection rates are under control and people have been fully vaccinated already there will be no need for a lockdown to be imposed so people can get booster shots.

Most likley most people will get their booster from their GP much the same as any other annual vaccination.

#morefakeoutrage

I have to say, I'm pretty fuming right now. For all the talk about how the US has screwed up COVID, I'm glad I'm here and not in Ireland. My aunt is dying of cancer, a couple weeks to live. She's in Cork. My father, in Dublin, is fully vaccinated, but cannot go see her.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt, but whoever told you father he cannot see her is talking absolute shít.

Tell him plan the journey, he will under no circumstances be turned around.

If the poor lady is in a hospice or a care home he may have to make an appointment.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    The US didn't screw up covid as much as people like to believe, it's way down the list in terms of deaths per capita. Definitely not screwing up on vaccinations anyway.

Ahh they did, absolutely atrocious stats for the richest country in the world.

4-5 million hospitalized and 600k dead?

The vaccinations are not being screwed up because they now have an adult in the White House and not this dotard.

Trump_Drinking_Bleach.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

charlie14 wrote: »
    It`s a sound strategy for opening the country if the numbers stay as they are and there are enough people vaccinated to keep numbers at a minimum so we do not have to go into another lockdown.
    Your hodgepodge of "Green Zones" of small towns and villages scattered around the country with enforcement by these communities is not going to achieve that.
    There are few things I enjoy more than a good session in small towns and villages. I am also enough of a realist to know that a local, or the son or daughter of a local, walking into a pub, restaurant or shop with friends from outside this "Green Zone" is not going to be refused service.
    From someone who asked me did I know small local communities to believe otherwise is bonkers.

You're still ignoring the facts here that some counties have had low numbers of cases or zero cases in some areas for a number of months.. You seem to advocate keeping counties locked down while they wait for others to get down to a level of cases that allows they and all other counties to open up.... that's pro-lockdown and not following the data.

There's currently restrictions on leaving your county or 20k from home unless for essential reasons.

Of course there's going to be rule breakers as there is now, however there's a thing call contact tracing if an outbreak occurs and the zone can become red for a week while they trace the source....there's also the risk of being fined by the Gardai...

It's mad how pro-lockdowners would keep the entire country until level 5 if one half had zero to 10 cases per day and the other half with 200 a day, it's not a long term strategy.

Time to have a new living with covid Data driven strategy.... If you or any others aren't willing to support step out of lockdown then there's nothing I can say here to convince you otherwise.

You're still ignoring the facts here that some counties have had low numbers of cases or zero cases in some areas for a number of months.. You seem to advocate keeping counties locked down while they wait for others to get down to a level of cases that allows they and all other counties to open up.... that's pro-lockdown and not following the data.

There's currently restrictions on leaving your county or 20k from home unless for essential reasons.

Of course there's going to be rule breakers as there is now, however there's a thing call contact tracing if an outbreak occurs and the zone can become red for a week while they trace the source....there's also the risk of being fined by the Gardai...

It's mad how pro-lockdowners would keep the entire country until level 5 if one half had zero to 10 cases per day and the other half with 200 a day, it's not a long term strategy.

Time to have a new living with covid Data driven strategy.... If you or any others aren't willing to support step out of lockdown then there's nothing I can say here to convince you otherwise.

We do. Its called vaccination. But were not quite there yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭showpony1

gozunda wrote: »
    I reckon Dr Colm Henry is correct about needing boosters.

But what you've added is just nonsense.

Once infection rates are under control and people have been fully vaccinated already there will be no need for a lockdown to be imposed so people can get booster shots.

Most likley most people will get their booster from their GP much the same as any other annual vaccination.

#morefakeoutrage

what about what has happened so far makes you think that there won't be "cases" next winter attributed to people needing their booster and a call for closing gyms/shops/pubs from NPHET?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

what about what has happened so far makes you think that there won't be "cases" next winter attributed to people needing their booster and a call for closing gyms/shops/pubs from NPHET?

Are you expecting vaccines to be ineffective or boosters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

exitfee wrote: »
    Too early to be so confident tbh

What odds do Paddy Power give on a winter lockdown?

If cases start flying up in winter and vaccinated people start filling up hospital's we will be back in lockdown.

If cases and hospitalisations in vaccianted starts slowly increasing in England after indoor dining opens up next month on 17th May it won't be a good sign for Winter.

Will we have another lockdown in winter?

I wouldn't go to Paddy Power and put my life savings on it not happenng.

Would you?

If all throughout this coming winter, pubs are open and there are no travel restrictions, I will send a hand-written apology letter to both Gozunda and Boggles.

The vaccinations are not being screwed up because they now have an adult in the White House and not this dotard.

I'm no fan of Trump but I would substitute 'adult' with 'geriatric war-monger'.

Really? Because you sound like a supporter.

Either way "war-monger" is probably what they needed.

Biden declares war on Covid

One has delivered 200m+ vaccines the other held super spreader events.

Go figure.

Really? Because you sound like a supporter.

Either way "war-monger" is probably what they needed.

Biden declares war on Covid

One has delivered 200m+ vaccines the other held super spreader events.

Go figure.

Of course Trump had no hand whatsoever in Biden's vaccination campaign success.

You sound like a guy who lives in a black or white bubble. And you dont seem to be interested in news other than covid either. Have a look at NATO 'manoeuvres' and the fvckin around in Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Could argue the exact same about obeying restrictions. If someone wants to eat themselves into an early grave that's their perogative. Likewise it's my perogative to get on with my life. I should not have my freedoms curtailed to protect them.

If you did it wouldn`t carry much weight as an arguement against restrictions. Someone eating themselves into an early grave is not going to kill anyone other than themself.

Of course Trump had no hand whatsoever in Biden's vaccination campaign. You sound like a guy who lives in a black or white bubble.

Jaysus for a lad who said he wasn't a fan.
    And you dont seem to be interested in news other than covid either. Have a look at NATO 'manoeuvres' and the fvckin around in Ukraine.

Because I'm not discussing NATO and the Ukraine in the Relaxation of Restrictions thread?

Okay.

• Advertisement

Jaysus for a lad who said he wasn't a fan.

Because I'm not discussing NATO and the Ukraine in the Relaxation of Restrictions thread?

Okay.

It was you who choose to pick up the 'war-monger' statement.

And no I'm not a fan but I dont care what you think. I dont have to prove anything to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I`m far from a mad pro-lockdowner, but I am a realist.

Or at least enough of a realist to see your higgledy-piggledy "Green Zones" scattered around the country is complete and utter unworkable nonsense.

It was you who choose to pick up the 'war-monger' statement.

You mean your one line post in response to me that included?

There was nothing else really to pick out of it, was there in reality?

Whatever. This thread has run its course. Just the same self proclaimed advocates of the government line like yourself babbling on and on. I'm sure when all this nonsense will be rolled up and analysed and inevitably 'tribunaled' you will be nowhere to be seen.

Not what you suggested btw.
    showpony1 wrote:

Eitherway simple answer people will already have been fully vaccinated.

You get your booster before that vaccination runs out. Absolutely no need for a Lock down as your imagining

If there's isolated cases- they'll just be that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement