Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bollox, the leaders are making a mess of it... again and again
    Ah come out of it.

The vulnerable and HCWs are vaccinated a while now, they were the one shot at normality this year in Ireland and it’s as if case numbers are still relevant. Baffling stuff

These guys are waiting for 100% vaccination and then a while to “wait and see”.

Abroad will be the place to have normality this year

What is the point in this endless negativity? it is completely detached from the facts. The vaccines work, we are doing a good job of distributing doses as we get them and have built a lot of additional capacity across the MVCs.

Also the vulnerable in cohorts 4 and 7 are only being vaccinated now. As are 60 - 69 year olds. When we have worked through these groups we will be able to ethically ease up restrictions.

But this will be over in 3 months. I wonder what the regulars on this thread will complain about then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Gardaí still harassing people about essential travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,620 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

niallo27 wrote: »
    Aboy the Boggles, if you consider this a super spreader event and it's held outside,
    Boggles wrote: »
    And no, it just wouldn't have been 11,500 robots sittings 5 seats away from each other and going on their way in single file after the final whistle. That is extreme Naivety.

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What is the point in this endless negativity? it is completely detached from the facts. The vaccines work, we are doing a good job of distributing doses as we get them and have built a lot of additional capacity across the MVCs.

Also the vulnerable in cohorts 4 and 7 are only being vaccinated now. As are 60 - 69 year olds. When we have worked through these groups we will be able to ethically ease up restrictions.

But this will be over in 3 months. I wonder what the regulars on this thread will complain about then?

Oh I'm sure there will be something, new variants, India, Christmas, pints, kill your granny, they will find some way of justifying being the most restricted country in Europe.

Indeed.

So you consider any people gathering outside in numbers
    to be a super spreader event. Honestly though what is the difference between travelling to the game, having a few pints outside and watching the game outside with people travelling to the beach and drinking all day in their thousands. No waffle now, how are they different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Oh I'm sure they will somethinh, new variants, India, Christmas, pints, kill your granny, they will find some way of justifying being the most restricted country in Europe.

They won't. The above is just whiny nonsense. And this thread has the temerity of accusing RTE of being negative?!!

It's time to get excited lads. The step change in vaccination pace is here. We have additional Pfizer supply on deck. Time to get ready for a transition back to living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

The Euros start the 11th of June, 14th here for 1st match. i.e. not the end of the June.

That is 7 weeks away.

We are gradually easing as we vaccinate, more opening on Monday.

Holding potential massive super spreader events in 7 weeks time so UEFA can make money is by every single metric dangerously stupid.

And no, it just wouldn't have been 11,500 robots sittings 5 seats away from each other and going on their way in single file after the final whistle. That is extreme Naivety.

We will open up and we are opening up, we just wouldn't let the corrupt goons in UEFA dictate our public health policy during a pandemic, but of course some people are upset by this, it is truly bizarre.

They will be just sitting together indoors watching it instead. Smart stuff.

Massive super spreader event my hole.

What facts is it detached from though, we are the most restricted country in Europe. Its perfectly reasonable to ask the question why. We have one of the lowest infection rates in Europe because people have followed restrictions in the most and what is our reward, another 6 weeks, we are nearly there.

robbiezero wrote: »
    They will be just sitting together indoors watching it instead. Smart stuff.

Massive super spreader event my hole.

So they won't be travelling from every corner of the country to a centralized location and any potential for spread will be limited to pockets spread geographically and limited to households?

We are 13 months this is very basic stuff.

• Advertisement

What facts is it detached from though, we are the most restricted country in Europe. Its perfectly reasonable to ask the question why. We have one of the lowest infection rates in Europe because people have followed restrictions in the most and what is our reward, another 6 weeks, we are nearly there.

That is your self imposed mindset TBF.

Like I said yesterday you live in a county that attracts millions of visitors because of it's awesome amenities.

You think you are only entitled to stand in a field.

Self inflicted Level 6 misery, no need for it.

So they won't be travelling from every corner of the country to a centralized location and any potential for spread will be limited to pockets spread geographically and limited to households?

Hundreds of thousands of people are travelling into centralized locations every day of the week.

This is an outdoor event. Chances of transmission are vastly lowered. Basic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

What a gorgeous day.
    I see that the government's propaganda wing was trying to fearmonger again this morning warning us about the Gardai patrolling the country and specifically beauty spots and issuing fines for restriction violations. At this stage, we should be all done with this fearmongering tactics and intimidation.

I have a public service announcement. Go out and enjoy yourselves in this wonderful weather. Have fun at the beaches, the lakes, the mountains, the trails, the canal banks, or walking through town, but please ...... use sun protection.

That is your self imposed mindset TBF.

Like I said yesterday you live in a county that attracts millions of visitors because of it's awesome amenities.

You think you are only entitled to stand in a field.

Self inflicted Level 6 misery, no need for it.

Name a country with tighter restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

?s=fatherted&e=S02E04&i=S02E04-NwD4v0Dk&t1=NOT%20BRINGING%20HORDES%20OF%20PEOPLE%20TOGETHER&t2=PAGE%20ONE%20OF%20HOW%20TO%20COMBAT%20COVID

0XA9qtid0Viv.gif

robbiezero wrote: »
    Hundreds of thousands of people are travelling into centralized locations every day of the week.

This is an outdoor event. Chances of transmission are vastly lowered. Basic stuff.

Again this is why we have behavioral scientists on not randomness on the internet advising policy.

In your mind 40,000 - 50,000 people will travel to the games and travel home after all keeping in their bubbles.

It's beyond naive.

• Advertisement

Again this is why we have behavioral scientists on not randomness on the internet advising policy.

In your mind 40,000 - 50,000 people will travel to the games and travel home after all keeping in their bubbles.

It's beyond naive.

So every other country in Europe has got it wrong is what you are saying. Do you think they might access the risk as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Aboy the Boggles, if you consider this a super spreader event and it's held outside, shouldn't we have hundreds of super spreader events every weekend throughout the country with beach's and canals packed with people drinking.

It could become a super spreader event if they all gather in the changing rooms at half time.

So every other country in Europe has got it wrong is what you are saying. Do you think they might access the risk as well.

Risk is based on reward.

There is very little in it for us to host these games and a lot to potentially lose.

UEFA don't give a flying fúck about having fans at the games, they wanted contracts signed this week which included compensation clauses.

Basically they get paid either way.

But again, you won't step out of a field to enjoy your wonderful county, so I don't see how you have any vested interest in it.

Name a country with tighter restrictions.

You need to take a look around Europe at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭Penfailed

What is there to be optimistic about, we have the tightest restrictions in Europe, we have cowards in government, Tony is back now and it won't suit his ego to ease restrictions so we are ****ed.

We had. That's debatable now. We can travel further than some countries can. We don't have to wear masks outside. We don't have a curfew. Vaccinations are going into arms. Restrictions are easing (less quickly than I'd like, in fairness). It's not all doom and gloom.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Advertisement

It's beyond naive.

You would imagine at least 50% of the attendees will be from Dublin so it wouldn't be anything like 40-50K travelling from around the country.

Again, what do you think they will do when up there? Go to the pubs/restaurants, some illegal click and collecting? get haircuts?

What would likely happen:

A few thousand max per game will travel into dublin for a game, have a few drinks outside before the game, have a few drinks outside afterwards and then head off home.
    Almost entirely harmless as other less gormless countries have decided

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

It's beyond naive.

Wait - you believe in two months time with the current state of affairs we will still be in bubbles?

Risk is based on reward.

There is very little in it for us to host these games and a lot to potentially lose.

UEFA don't give a flying fúck about having fans at the games, they wanted contracts signed this week which included compensation clauses.

Basically they get paid either way.

But again, you won't step out of a field to enjoy your wonderful county, so I don't see how you have any vested interest in it.

More waffle and avoiding questions, do you think every other country didn't bother do any sort of risk assessment on this. Its not about UEFA anyway, this proves there will be no crowds at gaa games either. Do you actually think the restrictions here are not still incredibly harsh.

Penfailed wrote: »
    We had. That's debatable now. We can travel further than some countries can. We don't have to wear masks outside. We don't have a curfew. Vaccinations are going into arms. Restrictions are easing (less quickly than I'd like, in fairness). It's not all doom and gloom.

That's fair enough, we can both agree that restrictions are easing a bit too slowly anyway.

More waffle and avoiding questions, do you think every other country didn't bother do any sort of risk assessment on this. Its not about UEFA anyway, this proves there will be no crowds at gaa games either. Do you actually think the restrictions here are not still incredibly harsh.

Of course they will be, later in the summer. (I Hope).

Chin up, get out of that field and go explore that wonderful county of yours.

There is literally millions who would love to be in your geographical situation.

Of course they will be, later in the summer. (I Hope).

Chin up, get out of that field and go explore that wonderful county of yours.

There is literally millions who would love to be in your geographical situation.

Yes but when your living here for 40 years there is not much more to see, I'd like to bring the young one to the cinema or go to a restaurant or God forbid have a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

But this will be over in 3 months.
    I wonder what the regulars on this thread will complain about then?

Very confidently delivered spoofology

The bit about 3 months is very amusing

This is your theory, based on ignoring everything you have heard and seen so far

I’ve stolen this form the main thread from a poster podgeandrodge it’s from this week with MM
    "Mr Martin was being interviewed as part of a series on reimagining Ireland and it was put to him that what many people wanted was a return to normality.

“To have a pint”, Mr Martin said adding: “Won’t it be wonderful”.

He was asked if he could see himself, by the end of 2021, attending a championship match and having a pint on the way home or attending a wedding.

Mr Martin said: “At the end of 2021 I can”.

He said: “There will be a bit of nervousness around the autumn and winter period because I do believe there’s a seasonality attached to this virus.

“I think we need to just tread with a bit of caution through the winter, but I do think we can open up over time. And I think we need to do it cautiously to be frank.”

It’s over in 3 months according to yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

Lads for the last time, if you're having a debate with an individual on here and they're displaying a lack of ability to utilize logic or the scientific method of validation, stop replying. It's going to be far less stressful for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Any word on the date hairdressers may open ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

FrankN1 wrote: »

Tony Hulahoop, Stephen Donnelly and Micheal Martin are the chromedomes calling the shots so probably never.

• Advertisement

Kivaro wrote: »
    What a gorgeous day.
    I see that the government's propaganda wing was trying to fearmonger again this morning warning us about the Gardai patrolling the country and specifically beauty spots and issuing fines for restriction violations. At this stage, we should be all done with this fearmongering tactics and intimidation.

I have a public service announcement. Go out and enjoy yourselves in this wonderful weather. Have fun at the beaches, the lakes, the mountains, the trails, the canal banks, or walking through town, but please ...... use sun protection.

What we’ve accepted as normality is frightening

The danger from the virus passed when the vulnerable and HCWs were vaccinated

But government is still exercising extraordinary powers that should only be used in an emergency. It’s frightening stuff for the future in Ireland

The emergency is over, democracy should have returned 2 months ago, it didn’t and there is no sign of it to return

Us Irish are docile ejits

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

What we’ve accepted as normality is frightening

The danger from the virus passed when the vulnerable and HCWs were vaccinated

But government is still exercising extraordinary powers that should only be used in an emergency. It’s frightening stuff for the future in Ireland

The emergency is over, democracy should have returned 2 months ago, it didn’t and there is no sign of it to return

Us Irish are docile ejits

Do you think if you insult everyone enough they will come to see things the way you do?

I get your frustration is paramount but just as you believe your views are right, others believe theirs are.

Do you think if you insult everyone enough they will come to see things the way you do?

I get your frustration is paramount but just as you believe your views are right, others believe theirs are.

Who did I insult?

Apologies for any offence I caused

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

They won't. The above is just whiny nonsense. And this thread has the temerity of accusing RTE of being negative?!!

It's time to get excited lads. The step change in vaccination pace is here. We have additional Pfizer supply on deck. Time to get ready for a transition back to living.

The step change is here?
    What's this week's target again 140,000, yeah that a huge step change alright. 4 months in and 1.2 million out of 6 million administered.
    We need to start seeing some of that much vaunted exponential growth very very soon.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

The leader of our country now saying that he has no idea how we're going to get to having 10,000 people in a stadium, even with everyone vaccinated.

This is utter lunacy. Does he know there are events happening with packed stadiums elsewhere in the world as those words flow out of his mouth?

They have no intentions of restoring normality this year and you have the majority of the public in support of his Government's actions throughout all this.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am so ashamed to be Irish right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

11521323 wrote: »
    The leader of our country now saying that he has.no idea how we're going to get to having 10,000 people in a stadium, even with everyone vaccinated.

This is utter lunacy. Does he know there are events happening with packed stadiums elsewhere in the world as those words flow out of his mouth?

They have no intentions of restoring normality this year and you have the majority of the public in support of his Government's actions throughout all this.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am so ashamed to be Irish right now.

Even with everyone vaccinated? When did he say that?

Madness if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Oh I'm sure there will be something, new variants, India, Christmas, pints, kill your granny, they will find some way of justifying being the most restricted country in Europe.

Ah there we go again Ireland is the Worstest ever.

Well just checked the covid stringency index data for Ireland as compared to some of our favourite EU holiday destinations

And guess what? Looks like there's bugger all difference atm between us.

56yh5s.jpg

With Greece leading the Pack and Ireland and Italy having the same scores. And even with periods of time we're at the bottom of that graph.

Detail here.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-stringency-index?tab=chart&time=2020-01-21..2021-04-22&region=Europe&country=IRL~DEU~GRC~ITA~ESP

Do we have restrictions? Yes we do. Coincidentally we also have a low incidence rate of cases and deaths. How about we shout about that?

I guess its all too easy to mouth off and try and claim its all some big kinda conspiracy just to keep us all locked up.

But just like India etc eh?

Parachutes wrote: »
    Even with everyone vaccinated? When did he say that?

Madness if true.

Speaking on The Hard Shoulder on Friday the Taoiseach said that he could see himself going to a match, having a pint, or going to a wedding again by the end of this year - however, he is "not precise" about what number of people would be allowed to attend.

Micheál Martin wants salons and retail "to stay open" once restrictions are eased

"At the end of 2021, I can. There will be a bit of nervousness around the autumn and winter period because I do believe there is a seasonality attached to this virus and related viruses," he said.

"I think we need to just tread with a bit of caution through the winter, but, I do think we can open up over time. We need to do it cautiously."

When pressed on if this meant a return to major sporting events, he replied: "Slow down now with 10,000, 15,000 people, I don't know how we're going to get there."

Tread with a bit of caution through the Winter? He's saying this in late April! How people will happily listen to this inept piece of **** and actually agree defies belief.

We'll have everyone vaccinated by September, there is absolutely zero reason to not have everything opened and fully back to normal come October. As I said, places like Florida have done that ALREADY.

The acceptance of mediocrity and this level of caution when we have the best incidence rate and hospitalizations per capita within Europe is honestly mimd blowing and makes us a laughing stock.

FrankN1 wrote: »

If you can get into Germany atm (though they don't want any tourists there) you can get one in Berlin but you have to have a PCR an anigen test taken within 24 hours to do so

https://allaboutberlin.com/guides/coronavirus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

gozunda wrote: »
    If you can get into Germany atm (though they don't want any tourists) you can get one in Berlin but you have to have a PCR test taken within 24 hours to do so

https://allaboutberlin.com/guides/coronavirus

You can get a haircut in Germany with a negative antigen test. You get one free test per day. Result in 30 mins. I’d imagine hairdressers here might be happy enough to trade in those circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Tony says no to hairdressers
    Tony says no to Antigen test

Hold firm.

You can get a haircut in Germany with a negative antigen test. You get one free test per day. Result in 30 mins. I’d imagine hairdressers here might be happy enough to trade in those circumstances.

I think the anti restrictions mob in Ireland would have a conniption fit first tbh.

Personally I invested in some hair clippers at the start and they're doing the job quite nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Lads for the last time, if you're having a debate with an individual on here and they're displaying a lack of ability to utilize logic or the scientific method of validation, stop replying. It's going to be far less stressful for you :)

That might be a tad harsh ?

For me,these somewhat comedic exchanges underline the REAL effects of our Pandemic Response,not only in Ireland but Worldwide.

An increasing tendency to question authority and direction in modern Society could finally,IMO now be addressed without having to worry about pushback from the Great Unwashed.

A quick trawl through many of these posts will show total compliance with,and subserviance to,whatever "Authoritarian Directive" is issued on any given day....comply immediately,do NOT question...Hold Firm lads.

Add this to a widespread belief in their own essential "goodness and desire to prove their intellectual superiority over the demoinized lumpen masses,and you have an almost Reiligious Zeal to FORCE the thing to it's conclusion.

Very little credence is given to pausing for thought on the Official edicts,as,I feel significant numbers of the populous are now indoctrinated with total belief in their "betters" ability to get them out of this.

There is most likely,little to be done about this now.:(

We have indeed entered a new phase in Human Governance and Regulation,the results of which will now be seen sooner,rather than later.

It is no coincidence that for the Major Players,the compliance campaign has been an overwhelmingly easily won victory,and the Governments Worldwide are now pushing harder and faster with their phase 2 strategy,centred around GLOBAL WARMING etc.

The huge realignment of World Leaders timetables regarding the GW "corrective measures" will very shortly be revealed as hugely increasing the average persons cost-of-living,but hey !...It's necessary for the protection of whatever is the buzz term for the day.

When,in the nearer future,our Electricity Bills have trebled,Natural Gas usage has been deemed anti-social,and travel outside our own parish has been deemed unnecessary,unless using a VERY expensive approved form of Carbon Neutral transport,we will look back on COVID-19 as being a walk-in-the park.....Hold Firm everybody,we're all in this together ;)

(Anybody know the address of the Conspiracy Theory Party ? ) :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭acequion

I haven't posted on this thread in a while. But just reading the last few pages I can see that the level of frustration and fear for the future is tangible. And unfortunately very justified. Eddie Wilson of Ryanair said we're becoming the laughing stock of Europe with our over cautious outlier policies and he is so right. Only it's no laughing matter for those of us stuck here and those of us who only ever asked for balance and reason in the handing of this.

When you have ego trippers, idiots and zealots in charge of the country and lunatics in opposition you really would have to hugely fear for the future in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Speaking on The Hard Shoulder on Friday the Taoiseach said that he could see himself going to a match, having a pint, or going to a wedding again by the end of this year - however, he is "not precise" about what number of people would be allowed to attend.

Micheál Martin wants salons and retail "to stay open" once restrictions are eased

"At the end of 2021, I can. There will be a bit of nervousness around the autumn and winter period because I do believe there is a seasonality attached to this virus and related viruses," he said.

"I think we need to just tread with a bit of caution through the winter, but, I do think we can open up over time. We need to do it cautiously."

When pressed on if this meant a return to major sporting events, he replied: "Slow down now with 10,000, 15,000 people, I don't know how we're going to get there."

Tread with a bit of caution through the Winter? He's saying this in late April! How people will happily listen to this inept piece of **** and actually agree defies belief.

We'll have everyone vaccinated by September, there is absolutely zero reason to not have everything opened and fully back to normal come October. As I said, places like Florida have done that ALREADY.

The acceptance of mediocrity and this level of caution when we have the best incidence rate and hospitalizations per capita within Europe is honestly mimd blowing and makes us a laughing stock.

Micheal Martin is terrified. Not of covid, but of making a decision and being held accountable for it if it's wrong. He's the definition of an "empty suit".

All Micheal wanted was to be Taoiseach so he wouldn't be the only FF leader not to be. That's it. No other plan or agenda.

It's the same as how Enda Kenny's crusade to be the only FG Taoiseach to get a second term led to backroom last minute deals with the likes of Shane Ross, and Katherine Zappone. Once he got that he was happy to take the money and run.

Michael hasn't a clue how to deal with Holohan and NPHET, and he has Leo yapping at his heels doing his "look at me" act to remind everyone he's still there too. Michael can barely keep his own party in line at this stage as well. They're just waiting for the right moment to sink the knife.

He's our John Major. Dull, grey and uninspiring in every respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Micheal Martin is terrified. Not of covid, but of making a decision and being held accountable for it if it's wrong. He's the definition of an "empty suit".

All Micheal wanted was to be Taoiseach so he wouldn't be the only FF leader not to be. That's it. No other plan or agenda.

It's the same as how Enda Kenny's crusade to be the only FG Taoiseach to get a second term led to backroom last minute deals with the likes of Shane Ross, and Katherine Zappone. Once he got that he was happy to take the money and run.

Michael hasn't a clue how to deal with Holohan and NPHET, and he has Leo yapping at his heels doing his "look at me" act to remind everyone he's still there too. Michael can barely keep his own party in line at this stage as well. They're just waiting for the right moment to sink the knife.

100% this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

From dictionary.com:
    empty suit
    [ emp-tee soot ]

noun Slang.
    an executive, manager, or official regarded as ineffectual, incompetent, or lacking in leadership qualities such as creativity and empathy:
    Their executive search came up with one empty suit after another.

Micheal to a tee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

JRant wrote: »
    200+ cases in a population of over 1 million is considered high?

It is if you're a panic ridden bed wetter

Or in some way deriving benefit or enjoyment from lockdowns and restrictions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

gozunda wrote: »
    Ah there we go again Ireland is the Worstest ever.

Well just checked the covid stringency index data for Ireland as compared to some of our favourite EU holiday destinations

And guess what? Looks like there's bugger all difference atm between us.

56yh5s.jpg

With Greece leading the Pack and Ireland and Italy having the same scores. And even with periods of time we're at the bottom of that graph.

Detail here.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-stringency-index?tab=chart&time=2020-01-21..2021-04-22&region=Europe&country=IRL~DEU~GRC~ITA~ESP

Do we have restrictions? Yes we do. Coincidentally we also have a low incidence rate of cases and deaths. How about we shout about that?

I guess its all too easy to mouth off and try and claim its all some big kinda conspiracy just to keep us all locked up.

But just like India etc eh?

Didn't you say last week you weren't sure about that data source 🙄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Boggerman12

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Was at a match yrs ago innocent days of being able to go to a match and who parks beside me only mehole.said to a friend of mine traveling with me there’s mehole and he heard me.he wasn’t impressed at me saying that and gave me a look.I replied back to his look saying god help us if he ever became Taoiseach.little did I think he would or I would be proved right.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement