Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dublinbando

anyone else having trouble sleeping? life is bizarre right now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

If random testing of people with no symptoms shows 2.2% positivity and targeted testing of symptomatic people and close contacts shows 3.1-3.5% Positivity; you have to question what is going on?

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1375832238412169220

https://twitter.com/NickyRyan_/status/1375901963594924035

Sounds like the anonymous testing setup in areas with high positivity is working and finding positive cases which in turn will break chains of transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭User142

If random testing of people with no symptoms shows 2.2% positivity and targeted testing of symptomatic people and close contacts shows 3.1-3.5% Positivity; you have to question what is going on?

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1375832238412169220

https://twitter.com/NickyRyan_/status/1375901963594924035

A fresh antibody study of the population would be really interesting. We were at 1.7% last August.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

anyone else having trouble sleeping? life is bizarre right now

It’s mad, the internet should be forwarded one hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭dublinbando

It’s mad, the internet should be forwarded one hour.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

User142 wrote: »
    A fresh antibody study of the population would be really interesting. We were at 1.7% last August.

Antibody studies have little validity.
    I Know several people who tested positive for covid and had no Antibodies a few months later.

Most people beat this without having to produce antibodies.
    Asymptomatics don't need to produce antibodies as they never get sick.

The Diamond princess studies a full year ago show all this but we are still pretending like it's the black death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

john4321 wrote: »
    Sounds like the anonymous testing setup in areas with high positivity is working and finding positive cases which in turn will break chains of transmission.

Sounds like the anonymous testing setup in areas with high positivity is finding similar levels of positive cases as the schools we've been told for the last 7 months are utterly safe.

Relieved we'll be lifting all restrictions on Monday.

MOH wrote: »
    Sounds like the anonymous testing setup in areas with high positivity is finding similar levels of positive cases as the schools we've been told for the last 7 months are utterly safe.

Relieved we'll be lifting all restrictions on Monday.

Sounds more like we are trying to actually find cases and break the chains of transmission in areas that are of concern and high positivity rate.

Are schools in Cork open and if so with only 21 cases explain your post?

Sounds more like we are trying to actually find cases and break the chains of transmission in areas that are of concern and high positivity rate.

Are schools in Cork open and if so with only 21 cases explain your post?

Nphet are struggling to count their wages.

Nphet are struggling to count their wages.

What has anything of your post got to do with mine?

• Advertisement

What has anything of your post got to do with mine?

Numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

An "outline" of a roadmap for the relaxation of restrictions might get indicated this week. Sunday Times reports here (paywall).
    Non-essential shopping, outdoor dining and countywide travel are among the activities likely to be allowed from mid-May if the vaccine rollout accelerates to the expected one million doses a month, according to senior government figures.

I guess non-essential retail includes personal services like hairdressers and gyms like it did the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Out of all the restrictions social homes being ok and private homes not is the most unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

It's going to be level 5 till all adults are vaccinated.

Then Nphet will say its too risky to go to level 4 until all children get it.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/revealed-tight-covid-restrictions-until-may-as-virus-surges-40247322.html
    The country is set to remain under tight public health restrictions throughout April and much of May amid growing concerns a fourth wave of Covid-19 could be on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/revealed-tight-covid-restrictions-until-may-as-virus-surges-40247322.html

A fourth wave while in level 5 lockdown. These people are so ****ing stupid it’s scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

You know they're struggling to justify the completely disproportionate restrictions at this point when they set up pop-up testing centres and ask only healthy people to come get tested :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    You know they're struggling to justify the completely disproportionate restrictions at this point when they set up pop-up testing centres and ask only healthy people to come get tested :rolleyes:

Its bizarre. Who, in their right mind, would standing queuing for an invasive test and not having any symptoms. Nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Zico ! wrote: »
    that independent article looks clickbait to me

Unfortunately these leaks always seem to end up being true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Unfortunately these leaks always seem to end up being true.

You're right. It's absolutely pathetic. Politicians who are too scared to admit their plans and a media that are happy to be manipulated as long as they get a story.

However, I think the tone is changing. They have reached a point where the (incredibly passive and gullible) population are finally becoming restless.

I sense a change. I think they will announce a 'Level 4' from April 5th (this will change hardly anything for anyone) and sugar coat it with lots of positivity and 'we are all in this together - one last effort' bull****.

One thing is certain - the next two weeks will be vital!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Did you intend to link to another article because that one says nothing of the sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

The next two leaks are crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

This quote is very worrying:

Nphet will look at that and go 'what's the bare minimum necessary to give people a bit of hope and optimism while not really changing anything'. I think it could be 10km," a government source said.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

"The prospect of people being able to travel around their home county, which some ministers have argued for, is thought to have diminished in recent days. "Nphet will look at that and go 'what's the bare minimum necessary to give people a bit of hope and optimism while not really changing anything'. I think it could be 10km," a government source said."

Says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    This quote is very worrying:

Nphet will look at that and go 'what's the bare minimum necessary to give people a bit of hope and optimism while not really changing anything'. I think it could be 10km," a government source said.

I pray to God it does go to 10km. At least then I can get to the beach lawfully. Its nearly 3 months since I've walked it and it's driving me nuts..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    "The prospect of people being able to travel around their home county, which some ministers have argued for, is thought to have diminished in recent days. "Nphet will look at that and go 'what's the bare minimum necessary to give people a bit of hope and optimism while not really changing anything'. I think it could be 10km," a government source said."

Says it all really

We know from the abusive way our government treats us that this is mind games from them. They probably intend to go to county boundaries again, but might as well manipulate us psychologically into feeling relieved that it isn’t 10km.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

The next protests could be a lot bigger going by these leaks, especially if construction doesn't open and 6 weeks part is true. A lot more will travel with the 5km limit being extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I pray to God it does go to 10km. At least then I can get to the beach lawfully. Its nearly 3 months since I've walked it and it's driving me nuts..

Just go. Today. You won't be hurting anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Just go. Today. You won't be hurting anybody.

He might give covid to a seagull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

growleaves wrote: »
    He might give covid to a seagull.

Ha ha... I know their is a garda check on the way and I don't like to try to lie especially to the guards and I certainly don't want a fine. I can survive for 2 more weeks I think.. As long as they give us the 10km limit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

DellyBelly wrote: »

Praying to god you can go 10k. Is this what you are reduced to? Is this a troll or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement