Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Penfailed wrote: »
    I posted it in response to someone saying that vaccinations are a mitigation measure. That's true. More people need to be vaccinated to be useful though.

I would’ve thought the statistics were obvious that the vaccinations so far have been extremely useful.

More vaccinations are most welcome of course, but your last comment is absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Vaccines administered, 'vaccinations' which is what you posted, big difference

Nope. Roughly 1.4 million doses. 1 million with one shot and 400k with two shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Off topic for thread but the bill that contains MUP was legislated for in 2018, they just didn't bring most of it in at the time. The most recent change as part of the bill was the separate of the off license from the shop, in most shops you'll see these little swinging barriers into the off license section now. Also can't use clubcard points etc, all this was brought in start of this year but it's been legislated for since 2018.

So yeah it's been there long before covid and if anything covid delayed it, the initial plan was 2020. Unless your drinking linden village or tesco own brand vodka it's not going to make much difference if any.

It's in the program for government that MUP pricing would be brought in.at the same time as Northern Ireland

Now we're jumping the gun and going it alone

Price rises with MUP are going to be significant and we've already amongst the most expensive alcohol in Eurooe before this

If those examples you give increase then the premium brands are going to increase too no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

JRant wrote: »
    If a report like that came across my desk in work I'd bin it. It's basically a load of assumptions with nothing in it to back up any of the claims, almost like it was put together to fit a narrative.

Exactly ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sobit1964

growleaves wrote: »

I don't want to take whatever he has taken.

Stheno wrote: »
    Grief, the Govt can't even comment in synch

Yeah because Varadkar wants to get the drop on FF TDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Turgidy on Radio 1 praising government to the heavens: "Micheal Martin & his cabinet are so smart and innovative in how they're addressing outdoor dining this summer". I hear the North Korean ministry of propaganda has a vacancy. We'll all be marching in lockstep with grins on our faces.

RTE are loving this, constant **** over covid, I can't understand how anyone can watch or listen to it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Jesus Christ the state of that twitter account.

Why do you "follow" these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,360 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

pjohnson wrote: »
    So those being responsible are "weak minded" :pac:

"Critcal thinking" is for the "strong minded" I guess.

Any response to the question I put to you yesterday?

Jesus christ the embedded video is actually real, I thought it was pisstake within a pisstake.

The world has gone utterly nuts.

If you showed a person from 2019 this they would swear this was a disease that was actually dangerous to the majority of the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Boggles wrote: »

You're right, the user is a Trump supporter, therefore everything they say is invalidated completely and that video is a great video, the person is not mentally ill or anything and he is correct, Fauci is a god.

I'm sure Pat Kenny was **** with the sand paper was he ?

TomSweeney wrote: »
    You're right, the user is a Trump supporter, therefore everything they say is invalidated completely and that video is a great video, the person is not mentally ill or anything and he is correct, Fauci is a god.

Being a "Trump Supporter" is the least of her problems, it's a symptom.

But lets get outraged over some kid singing a song.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

148 in hospital yesterday
    47 of those in ICU

286 permanent ICU beds in the country (so 16% occupancy with Covid)

> 1.4 million doses administered

We still need certain restrictions in place (masks, 2M, limit indoor numbers etc) for the forseeable but come on?????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Ah Boggles has a point here to be fair. Further down that account there's a link to an article called "The Battle for Humanity" about how vaccines are going to alter our DNA from a website called stop world control. It's a bit beyond just "Trump Supporter".

So he's saying that I might not be vaccinated until the eleventy sixth of Septober? Pull the finger out Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    It's in the program for government that MUP pricing would be brought in.at the same time as Northern Ireland

Now we're jumping the gun and going it alone

Price rises with MUP are going to be significant and we've already amongst the most expensive alcohol in Eurooe before this

If those examples you give increase then the premium brands are going to increase too no doubt

1 litre of vodka @40%abv for €20 will be a thing of the past, more like €32.

A bottle of wine @13%abv will be at least €7.80

A pint/can of Guinness cannot be sold for less than €2.05

• Advertisement

Being a "Trump Supporter" is the least of her problems, it's a symptom.

But lets get outraged over some kid singing a song.

:rolleyes:

Well yeah, you could say that kid is a symptom of a fear and hysterical media driven campaign, probably wears his mask hiking alone and thinks anyone who doesn't is a "granny killer" ...

ypres5 wrote: »
    So he's saying that I might not be vaccinated until the eleventy sixth of Septober? Pull the finger out Stephen
    :D like something out of The Lord of The Rings ...

I haven't looked at that twitter account so I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't have a Twitter account and I don't follow anyone.

I saw a funny tweet linked somewhere so I shared it.

I haven't looked at that twitter account so I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't have a Twitter account and I don't follow anyone.

Don't you know you've to do a full background check on someone and their extended family and associates before you can share a tweet of theirs? FFS

ypres5 wrote: »
    Don't you know you've to do a full background check on someone and their extended family and associates before you can share a tweet of theirs? FFS
    But this is what these people do to smear valid points, attack the source.
    If the sun newspaper claimed water is wet these people would just howl about the Sun not being a trustworthy source so it can't possibly be true.

slowly we inch
    slowly we inch

Ah Boggles has a point here to be fair. Further down that account there's a link to an article called "The Battle for Humanity" about how vaccines are going to alter our DNA from a website called stop world control. It's a bit beyond just "Trump Supporter".

I 100% agree that that above is complete and absolute nonsense, but judge the video for what it is - judge it for that and that alone!!

Hard to blame the individuals. Propaganda was always designed for, and most effective on, educated midwits.

(That's from Chomsky's linguistics work btw, so if you're looking for a reason to dismiss it: he's disdainful of both capitalism and Marxism, so you should be able to come up with something).

Wouldn't be the first time you have shared things with a similar theme.

Begs the question, where are you looking?

Well yeah, you could say that kid is a symptom of a fear and hysterical media driven campaign, probably wears his mask hiking alone and thinks anyone who doesn't is a "granny killer" ...

A vaccination campaign during a pandemic?

But the person tweeting about vaccines being a bio weapon is legit?

The threads veil is slipping every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

No, just the ones who mindlessly file things into "safe" or "unsafe" categories based solely on what the man on the telly says.

Who is this "man on the telly" that some here believe everyone is listening to?

Funny thing is the only references of this seem to come from here - where it would seem those actually listening to this "man on the telly" are those screaming about him?

But as someone here said ... can't quite remember who ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement