Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Sobit1964 wrote: »
    You may wish to check the local news as of this morning - outside bars and restaurants open on the 15th May. 4th May for shopping malls, 8th May for hotels. Indoor hospitality/gyms and most everything else open on the 29th May.

Outdoor mask mandate likely to be scrapped on May 15th

I stand corrected.
    But I don't believe the mask mandate yet, can't find a link confirming it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Hearing hairdressers open from May17th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Gael23 wrote: »

This year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Paul Treyvaud from Treyvaud’s Restaurant in Killarney, was on Neil Prendeville this morning on Red FM talking about hospitality. He's opening his restaurant on July 1st for indoor dining regardless of what is on the roadmap.

He made some fantastic points and the one you couldn't argue with -- we know and have been told that outdoor transmission is minuscule. If that's the case, then why are the government not letting outdoor dining happen, and are instead saying "we'll talk about hospitality in June"??

Neil went to compare us to India which was annoying but he largely agreed with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sobit1964

bear1 wrote: »
    I stand corrected.
    But I don't believe the mask mandate yet, can't find a link confirming it anyway

Its on TVP.info - the government's propaganda network, so I doubt its untrue. I dont blame you if you avoid that site ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

bear1 wrote: »
    Mm I live in Warsaw so I'm curious where you've heard this?
    Restaurants have been fully shut since October, retail is pretty much closed (just like in Ireland) they've had a disastrous vaccination programme and have the highest inflation rate in the EU.
    Not to mention they also sporadically introduced restrictions on leaving the worst regions which has been on and off.
    Just saying, Poland isn't a poster child here.

Friend in Wroclaw just text me “ Morning all, just got some good news from the local government......so shops and malls are opening on Monday. From 15th, no masks and restaurants are opening for outdoor dining!”

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

funnydoggy wrote: »
    He made some fantastic points and the one you couldn't argue with -- we know and have been told that outdoor transmission is minuscule. If that's the case, then why are the government not letting outdoor dining happen, and are instead saying "we'll talk about hospitality in June"??

Is Paul's kitchen and work spaces outside?

Can Paul regulate what happens before his diners arrive and after?

Just because Paul or the DJ couldn't articulate an argument doesn't mean there wasn't one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Boggles wrote: »
    Wouldn't be the first time you have shared things with a similar theme.

Begs the question, where are you looking?

I'm not sure why it "begs the question".

I am reading lots of off-mainstream stuff all the time, as is my wont.

A few months ago I posted a letter from a Greek Orthodox monk who lives on a top of a mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Just because Paul or the DJ couldn't articulate an argument doesn't mean there wasn't one.

Paul has to block off a man street to facilitate outdoor dining.

Paul also stated correctly that they have done a fantastic job of making their place a controlled environment, with zero cases coming from their restaurant when indoor dining was allowed.

Did you listen to the piece? Might be handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gael23 wrote: »

Ah for the love of god could they not let them open from next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Hard to blame the individuals. Propaganda was always designed for, and most effective on, educated midwits.

(That's from Chomsky's linguistics work btw, so if you're looking for a reason to dismiss it: he's disdainful of both capitalism and Marxism, so you should be able to come up with something).

Ermm?

Link to Chomskys direct reference to 'educated nitwits' thanks.

Chomsky is just one theorist btw. And an educated one at that, who worked in academia and therefore by his own definition in the same capacity as other "agents of the propaganda system"?

Afaik propaganda is widely accepted to work best on the those willing to believe just about anything and is most effective in the absence of intellectual enquirey apparently regardless of educational achievement.

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Paul also stated correctly that they have done a fantastic job of making their place a controlled environment, with zero cases coming from their restaurant.

Paul has no idea if zero cases came from his restaurant or not. How could he?

Paul also needs to realize it's at a population level and it's not just about him.

Hopefully we get enough vaccinated as quickly possible to resume indoor dining as soon as possible, but it won't be on Paul's terms or his publicity stunt.

The good news is relative to vaccine roll out it would appear we are being slightly more ambitious then the North, so parity should achieved by the end of the summer in terms of roll out.

growleaves wrote: »
    I am reading lots of off-mainstream stuff all the time, as is my wont.

That's for sure, good for you.

It's my "wont" to point it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ah for the love of god could they not let them open from next week

You'd really expect any easing of restrictions around a bank holiday? T'would be carnage!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Burgo wrote: »
    You'd really expect any easing of restrictions around a bank holiday? T'would be carnage!

Was thinking they could open from the 4th May but suppose your right

The Virus loves Bank Holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

ypres5 wrote: »
    Don't you know you've to do a full background check on someone and their extended family and associates before you can share a tweet of theirs? FFS

The North Korean -Kin Punishment - 3 generation rule - suspect that would suit Boggles well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Pat Kenny discussing the current and forthcoming mortgage crisis

500k forced out of work for a year, many of those will add to the mortgage crisis

“Sob stories” Pat refers to people in arrears who haven’t been evicted by the courts

Many have no skin in the lockdown game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Was thinking they could open from the 4th May but suppose your right

The Virus loves Bank Holidays

You think a business can fully reopen on 3 days notice, those 3 days being a Bank Holiday weekend? Give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Appeal to authority has gone from being a logical fallacy to a way of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

hynesie08 wrote: »
    You think a business can fully reopen on 3 days notice, those 3 days being a Bank Holiday weekend? Give it a shot.

Nobody would be forcing them to reopen
    But those that are ready would have the option to reopen
    A lot of rural hairdressers are small operations run by the owners . They would be able to and no doubt like to reopen ASAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

“ Spain will be ready to welcome back tourists in June, the country’s tourism minister has said.
    The European Union has previously set out plans for coronavirus vaccine certificates that could be used by UK holidaymakers this summer.

Digital Green Certificates will be accepted as “proof” a person had a Covid-19 jab, received a negative test result or recovered from the virus, according to the European Commission’s proposal.

And Spain says a digital certificate scheme is currently being trialled with a view to a wider rollout in June.

Meanwhile we can’t even go to a hotel in our own county :D

Sobit1964 wrote: »
    Its on TVP.info - the government's propaganda network, so I doubt its untrue. I dont blame you if you avoid that site ;)

Hate them so yeah I stay away.
    Great news though

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

km79 wrote: »
    “ Spain will be ready to welcome back tourists in June, the country’s tourism minister has said.
    The European Union has previously set out plans for coronavirus vaccine certificates that could be used by UK holidaymakers this summer.

Digital Green Certificates will be accepted as “proof” a person had a Covid-19 jab, received a negative test result or recovered from the virus, according to the European Commission’s proposal.

And Spain says a digital certificate scheme is currently being trialled with a view to a wider rollout in June.

This sort of stuff will keep happening until the end of the year probably. Our Government are scared ****less to govern and make proactive decisions to try and restore some semblance of normality.

Fandymo wrote: »
    Friend in Wroclaw just text me “ Morning all, just got some good news from the local government......so shops and malls are opening on Monday. From 15th, no masks and restaurants are opening for outdoor dining!”

I really really hope it's not for 1 week and then suddenly they shut it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Pat Kenny discussing the current and forthcoming mortgage crisis

500k forced out of work for a year, many of those will add to the mortgage crisis

“Sob stories” Pat refers to people in arrears who haven’t been evicted by the courts

Many have no skin in the lockdown game

Maybe Pat doesn't realize we're not all on 900k like he was back in his RTE days for not doing much at all. And considering the amount of construction jobs pat's vetoed everytime someone tries to build anything within an asses roar of his mcmansion I don't think he cares much for the common man in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭robbiezero

What nonsense is this? Why would he need to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

km79 wrote: »

Someone should tell Spain there's a pandemic. Sure that's why we have restrictions here. It's a pandemic and it's the same worldwide.

Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,360 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Someone should tell Spain there's a pandemic. Sure that's why we have restrictions here. It's a pandemic and it's the same worldwide.

Right?

Obviously they are not giving sufficient consideration to India...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,976 ✭✭✭✭titan18

hynesie08 wrote: »

Most hairdressers are probably one to two man operations so yes, it should be very achievable for most of them to reopen if they were told they could reopen next Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Right?

Do they not broadcast RTE in Spain can they not see INDIA and THE VARIANTS? Especially the hypothetical variants that don't currently exist and may not ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement