Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

SusanC10 wrote: »
    All a bit confusing. I am going to wait for the Official announcement. Sometime tomorrow, right ?

6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Tony is going for president, I said it a year ago and now I have no doubt.

Now that's a scary prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

This is all a bit mad! Potentially inter county travel and hairdressers open before adults can go back training!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

KrustyUCC wrote: »

I know but watch it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

I know but watch it happen.

Nah...He'd have no power or influence then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1387513973331877890

Id say whats happened in Israel has probably encouraged the easing of restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1387513973331877890

Id say whats happened in Israel has probably encouraged the easing of restrictions.

Or they’ve just realised the kitty is empty €€€€€€

This wasn’t cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Weddings are mentioned in the edited version of the IT article. (See my post above on why I hate the editing!)

Yes 25 people in June. How generous.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Degag wrote: »
    Perhaps you should give a little look over to India to learn something about perspective?

You have to be taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,908 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

No indoor dining in June yet hotels can open??

And intercounty travel before indoor house visits and hotels are open?

So I'd drive from dublin to limerick to have a cuppa in my parents garden and go home again?

All very exciting sounding changes but I'm not convinced. And there have been big u turns before. Will wait till tomorrow before I get too ahead of myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

So I'd drive from dublin to limerick to have a cuppa in my parents garden and go home again?

Reading a lot of contradictory things tonight. Doesn't make sense.
    Better off waiting for the actual announcement tomorrow imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Doesn't add up.

Probably best off waiting until 6pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

11521323 wrote: »
    You have to be taking the piss?

No, why would I be? Your post was the epitome of hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Lets be honest he'd have less power as president than he has at the moment as CMO. Give him a few ribbons to cut, hands to shake, babies to kiss and ****ty poems to recite and let him leave us be

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

gozunda wrote: »
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=RFLOL

Yup I think that about sums it up...

New one on me. I've only ever seen ROFL up to now. Every days a school day.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Let's hope indoor dining (ie a proper piss up) can happen in July

Again it's dependent on the vaccine roll out and or course the all important 'Variants'

Is there an acceptance than numbers will rise naturally and to not hit the panic button

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭JRant

big syke wrote: »
    This is all a bit mad! Potentially inter county travel and hairdressers open before adults can go back training!

Never, and I mean, never, try to make sense of the restrictions.

The end of May should be everything open, end of June should have large outdoor events and sport.

An abundance of caution seems to have taken over every aspect of government and their advisory groups. NIAC are doing their level best to make a mess out of the vaccine program. NPHET are seeking perfection when it's not achievable. The government are lead by MM, a man who needs a briefing on a report before a committee to decide which way he should wipe his arse.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭robbiezero

All very exciting sounding changes but I'm not convinced. And there have been big u turns before. Will wait till tomorrow before I get too ahead of myself

No. One of their neighbours gardens maybe.

Been driving from Dublin to Tipp to visit mine since the beginning of March and staying a few nights at a time. Doing same this Saturday. No interest in these nonsense restrictions that have dragged on far too long.

I really hope those sources of those "Tony is in a good mood" quotes weren't Government TDs, but it would explain a lot if they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

ypres5 wrote: »
    This talk of vaccine dividends is pure discriminatory against younger people like me who have no problem being vaccinated but are held back by the governments already agonizingly slow rollout which'll be even slower due to the harebrained decision made regarding the restrictions put on the astrazeneca and j&j vaccines.

Eh? How is it "discriminatory" when we have a set amount of vaccines to be allocated to people. Its not like they can be conjured up out of thin air is it?

Restrictions on astrazenexa and j&j are happening in other countries not just here.

Degag wrote: »
    No, why would I be? Your post was the epitome of hyperbole.

We should not lift restrictions when we're leading Europe in Covid suppression statistics because of what's happening on the other side of the world?

That is devoid of even a semblance of logic. Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Yes 25 people in June. How generous.

Absolutely ridiculous.

This is crazy! A friend of mine has moved their wedding 4 times now since last May and were hoping to have 100 at their wedding in July. Doesn't look like this will happen now either. So guessing the choice is to move it again or go ahead with it without their family.

25 is 12 people from each side. So pretty much immediate family on both sides and then if you have a small family maybe a special couple of people to the couple. It's a joke!!

There are less than 50 people in ICU with covid and less than 150people in hospital. People's lives are on hold. Jobs are being lost in so many industries. This needs to stop now! We need a clear and workable plan to have the country open for the summer.

Also why the delay on adult training going back? There wasn't very many (if any) cases linked to training last year. Outbreaks associated with GAA county finals alright but clubs were very safe when playing. Outdoors too so what is the problem there?

Eh? How is it "discriminatory" when we have a set amount of vaccines to be allocated to people. Its not like they can be conjured up out of thin air is it?

Restrictions on astrazenexa and j&j are happening in other countries not just here.

It's discrimination if that is introduced before everyone has had an option to be vaccinated.

Not allowing someone to do something because they haven't been allowed to be vaccinated yet is medical apartheid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Masala6

Is the meeting still on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

100 is the level 1 restrictions which we never got to last year

That the extent of ambition with the population vaccinated

Very difficult for wedding couples in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

bear1 wrote: »
    Gozunda must be pissed off right about now.

Why would that be oh bear? You don't see whining in my comments....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

100 is the level 1 restrictions which we never got to last year

That the extent of ambition with the population vaccinated

Very difficult for wedding couples in fairness

This is true. They will probably go ahead of they get 50 but both have big families and have already cut out friends. My invite has been revoked which is fair enough. But again they have to wait and see as I highly doubt a plan will be announced for numbers that will be allowed in July so will have to wait another 3 or 4 weeks for clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭JRant

It's discrimination if that is introduced before everyone has had an option to be vaccinated.

Not allowing someone to do something because they haven't been allowed to be vaccinated yet is medical apartheid.

Let them open up for vaccinated people I say. It's completely unenforceable anyway. How would it be policed? Who would be the responsible party to ensure the person is vaccinated? So many questions with zero answers.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Why would that be oh bear? You don't see whining in my comments....

Nah just garbage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

We should not lift restrictions when we're leading Europe in Covid suppression statistics because of what's happening on the other side of the world?

That is devoid of even a semblance of logic. Jesus Christ.

Not what i'm saying.

You state:
    What people are willing to accept in this country is baffling.

Which is a hugely hyperbolic statement. Anyone who lives in this country is extremely lucky to do so for the most part, across a large range of KPIs. We are a leading country in almost every regard.

So therefore you need to learn some perspective. Go off out to live in India or somewhere if you're not happy here.

Today and tomorrow look to be good days in that we are going to get a roadmap on reopening. Alot of things look to be reopening faster than i thought they would last week which is great.

Would it be nice to have them open earlier? Sure, of course it would. But when we look back at this next year when this is hopefully all over, i don't think it will particularily matter if we were a few weeks behind some countries. Just that it's all over and we can move on.

Perspective & Patience.

• Advertisement

JRant wrote: »
    Let them open up for vaccinated people I say. It's completely unenforceable anyway. How would it be policed? Who would be the responsible party to ensure the person is vaccinated? So many questions with zero answers.

I agree but they don't take reality into account when making decisions. They're not a pragmatic bunch, they prefer to envision a fantasy when deciding what to implement!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement