Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

When do people reckon mandatory mask wearing in shops/public transport/indoor areas etc will end?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Publican here putting the reality on the outdoor only stuff. Running his pub on the basis of 20 customers just won't be worth it for him and many others I'd say.

When do people reckon mandatory mask wearing in shops/public transport/indoor areas etc will end?

That'll likely be among the last to go unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Martin was a bit more confident that speech

I have been an avid traveller, have visited all 7 continents, but I feel a lot of serious travel is going to off the cards for several reasons for another year or two. Like a lot, have had to cancel many trips during this pandemic. The peculiar thing is I have almost come to dread the thought of being in busy airports again, I can't imagine myself being able for it again. I feel I might be dipping my toes again by booking on board a small commuter type airplane to, eg, UK, where I won't be standing as much in long queues. Or maybe taking the ferry. It's a really strange thing for me to admit this.

• Advertisement

Any mention of cinemas or funfairs opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Necro wrote: »
    Honestly think a weekly update* is all that's required. Case numbers are largely irrelevant and have been for about two months now since the vulnerable were getting vaccinated properly.

Hospital and ICU numbers are the key, even when we have 80% vaccinated at some point in the future there will likely be cases.

Give NPHET a Tuesday evening each week to give the weekly figures and that's all they get

*Of course the media would be up in arms not being able to report their daily dose of doom so it likely won't happen

To be honest I find the case numbers fairly interesting. Especially on a regional level. It makes for interesting reading as to the behaviour of the virus in what is in effect a fairly homogeneous country. (Dublin excepted ;))

That said I dont understand why people take the media headlines as gospel and get worked up/ outraged on the basis of whats published.. Most have some basis of truth but a lot more are pure fluff. Maybe we need anti media goggles issued to everyone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

ASAP hopefully. Most useless of things introduced during the whole shambles. I’d imagine be February 2022 unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Publican here putting the reality on the outdoor only stuff. Running his pub on the basis of 20 customers just won't be worth it for him and many others I'd say.

The same can be said for restaurants also, just not viable

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Did they mention when kids can play matches? Help coaching and they ask me every night can they have a practice match, high fiving and arm in arm all over but can only do drills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well that’s it. It’s not wet or dry pubs it’s indoor and outdoor. I mean non of the pubs have any room outdoor and what they do it’s barely worth it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Honestly? Probably not till spring of next year at the minimum I would say. Social Distancing and mask wearing will probably be the last restrictions removed.

Honestly? Probably not till spring of next year at the minimum I would say. Social Distancing and mask wearing will probably be the last restrictions removed.

Do you mean here or in general ?

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Martin was a bit more confident that speech

Not sure he had the same expression on his face as Steven Martin in dirty rotten scoundrels, when Michael Caine testing feelings in his legs

https://youtu.be/14nilke-mtQ

Mary Lou was asked was there anything she wasn’t happy with from the announcement and she said no.

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Did they mention when kids can play matches? Help coaching and they ask me every night can they have a practice match, high fiving and arm in arm all over but can only do drills.

June 7th I think.. no crowds allowed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,976 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I have been an avid traveller, have visited all 7 continents, but I feel a lot of serious travel is going to off the cards for several reasons for another year or two. Like a lot, have had to cancel many trips during this pandemic. The peculiar thing is I have almost come to dread the thought of being in busy airports again, I can't imagine myself being able for it again. I feel I might be dipping my toes again by booking on board a small commuter type airplane to, eg, UK, where I won't be standing as much in long queues. Or maybe taking the ferry. It's a really strange thing for me to admit this.

I know a few people who've had to travel for essential work reasons and they all say it's a gift at the moment. Empty airports and planes, no stress queuing. A completely different experience.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Do you mean here or in general ?

In general but I doubt they'll drop mask wearing for this winter here in Ireland personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No.
    Was it the DAA guy? He's been vocal of late.

Yeah as Kaiser said 7th June for matches. Crowds not allowed till July 5th though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

June 7th I think.. no crowds allowed though.
    Matches definitely june 7th but see no mention as to whether contact in training allowed beforehand.

Press conference on now, Leo expecting an economic boom, all those billions to be spent, delusional.

I think we've been spared Eaomon Ryan at the press conference, thank god

In general but I doubt they'll drop mask wearing for this winter here in Ireland personally.

I agree, infact I think a large section of society will continue to wear face masks

Matches definitely june 7th but see no mention as to whether contact in training allowed beforehand.

According to the RTE graphic "team sports training" is May 10th

is_that_so wrote: »

No it was an airline CEO and I can’t remember his name. I’ll have to check on the listen back.

Even independent TD Michael Collins is sounding upbeat on the radio. It seems politicians across the board are trying to keep the positive mood.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I agree, infact I think a large section of society will continue to wear face masks

Well maybe one good thing is that we may seriously reduce the seasonal flu.

Dempo1 wrote: »

No issue with that at all personally - as long as the mandatory requirement is gone.

I certainly won't be one of those wearing one anyway.

First question at the media presser featuring MM and Leo:

"Are we reopening too quickly?"

Jesus wept. It wouldn't surprise me if that reporter was a government plant to throw favourable light on our dear leaders.

MM being asked what "remaining stable" means in regards to the criteria for the next phase and what the criteria is...

... he immediately defers to NPHET's recommendations, says no specific benchmarks, variables involved... waffle, waffle....

Translation: Still making it up as they go along!

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »

Edward Wilson of Ryanair & MOL"s miny me was on earlier in the week trashing everything from gov, NPHET, Cork Airport, its was shocking, he came across like a petulent child who's toy plane fell out of his pram.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement