Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Any mention of cinemas or funfairs opening?

July (1993)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    No issue with that at all personally - as long as the mandatory requirement is gone.

I certainly won't be one of those wearing one anyway.

Yes fully agree, personal choice etc

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,409 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Great news about more of the economy opening up.

Vaccination program going well too.

Positive news going into a bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

MM being asked what "remaining stable" means in regards to the criteria for the next phase and what the criteria is...

... he immediately defers to NPHET's recommendations, says no specific benchmarks, variables involved... waffle, waffle....

Translation: Still making it up as they go along!

Why change course now?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Necro wrote: »
    In general but I doubt they'll drop mask wearing for this winter here in Ireland personally.

Won't everyone be vaccinated at that stage? I can't see the justification for continuing it then. Like others have said, grand if people choose to wear them and it is a positive that it can impact on the spread of flu, but mandatory requirements should not last longer than necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

Absolutely love the way you are falling over yourselves with excitement. It will be short lived and the Irish will do what they do best and **** things up and we will be back in level 5 again in 8 to 10 weeks time and we will all be eating turkey on our own again come Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

First question at the media presser featuring MM and Leo:

"Are we reopening too quickly?"

Jesus wept. It wouldn't surprise me if that reporter was a government plant to throw favourable light on our dear leaders.

Meh. Reporters ask questions.

More importantly what was the answer?

Boggles wrote: »
    July (1993)

Well I usually call it the Merries but wasn't sure if that was a Cork thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Absolutely love the way you are falling over yourselves with excitement. It will be short lived and the Irish will do what they do best and **** things up and we will be back in level 5 again in 8 to 10 weeks time and we will all be eating turkey on our own again come Christmas.

Have you heard of a thing called a vaccine?

It's a thing that's used to stop the spread of a virus just in case you haven't.

I'm hiding under the bed, you can take the gap behind couch. We needn't risk the outside world until 2022, Tesco delivery guy never misses a deadline.

Get a grip, with widespread vaccination we'll never experience Level 5 drudgery again. And economic pressure will tell on the government by the autumn, so any hiking of restrictions due to advent of seasonal viruses is minimal at most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,976 ✭✭✭✭JRant

MM being asked what "remaining stable" means in regards to the criteria for the next phase and what the criteria is...

... he immediately defers to NPHET's recommendations, says no specific benchmarks, variables involved... waffle, waffle....

Translation: Still making it up as they go along!

Not one of those planks would ask him what's the end game. By end of June are we going to see everything open with minimal to no measures on numbers etc?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Any mention of cinemas or funfairs opening?
    Cinemas 7th June...hurrah!
    No clue on funfairs....that's a bit of a random one...
    #openthefunfairs

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Press conference on now, Leo expecting an economic boom, all those billions to be spent, delusional.

I think we've been spared Eaomon Ryan at the press conference, thank god

The will be a boom in many sectors post Covid. The key will be to broaden it to as many as possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Boggerman12

If people want to wear masks forever knock yourself out.once its come to the day of getting rid of them I’ll be glad.today was a positive day and with the sun shining it felt like a bit of hope was really coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I don't get the fuss about the masks, I don't even realise I am wearing one when I do we are so used to them.

While they may not be mandatory (Everywhere) in the near future I think a lot will still wear them for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BettyBoo2011

Hi all. Thank god some light on the horizon today..

Does anyone know what this will mean for hospital visits? We have a family member in hospital with serious brain injury almost a year and we’ve only been allowed the odd ‘window visit’ at periods through the year - it’s been horrendous and definitely impacting their recovery. The stories of the knock on impacts are frightening..

I bought my sister a spa trip for may 29th for her 50th bday, her business has gone bust through covid and between that and our family member it’s been completely hell. I’m just putting that context in as we are not the type of people who give a hoot about waiting for the hairdressers and all that to reopen, our priorities have been elsewhere. But this little treat has been something she has really been hanging on for..

Would a spa in a hotel qualify for reopening under personal services same as the beauticians or no? Trying to figure out if we have to cancel it again or no...

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭Archeron

gmisk wrote: »
    Cinemas 7th June...hurrah!
    No clue on funfairs....that's a bit of a random one...
    #openthefunfairs

The hall of wobbly mirrors is my aim, stretch me out and temporarily at least get rid of the covid stone. A stone and a half if you count excess hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

py2006 wrote: »
    I don't get the fuss about the masks, I don't even realise I am wearing one when I do we are so used to them.

While they may not be mandatory (Everywhere) in the near future I think a lot will still wear them for a while.

And no-one has any issue with that, nor some continuing to stay 2m away, or stay home more etc

The problem is forcing these measures on people where it's not warranted or necessary.

Me I can't stand masks, only wear it if I absolutely have to, and have never and will never get used to them. They're a placebo for the concerned, that's about it - especially when you see how people treat them (dirty masks being shoved in and out of pockets and thrown on the ground beside trolleys etc)

But by all means, if someone else wants to wear them indefinitely or as long as they feel the need, work away!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,845 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Why are these Irish language journos tolerated on national brieflings? 99% of the audience haven't a notion what's being said about what could be an important point.

It's even more comical with MM's constant "y'know" inserts

• Registered Users Posts: 33,530 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Only joining thread 90min after the announcement, so maybe it's been said already, but can't believe Nphet have agreed to all the relaxations announced.

Are the Gov making all these calls themselves?

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Only joining thread 90min after the announcement, so maybe it's been said already, but can't believe Nphet have agreed to all the relaxations announced.

Not at all. Éamon Ryan admitted as such last night. Apparently Tony was in a "good mood". That reminds me, I have to genuflect towards Dublin for the fourth and final time today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

NPHET believed that the restrictions being eased were "low-medium risk".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭StevenToast

New thread time

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

gmisk wrote: »
    No MM fan but....I thought he spoke quite well

A coward and the worst leader in the history of the state. I refused to watch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It is curious alright, it is said Vacinnes the key, they've not even started on the 60 - 69"s and opening booking portal for 50"s to 59 on Monday.

New case numbers still quite high also so a little curious alright

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well the caution was that June is dependent on a good may. So yes it was a positive day but, and maybe this is just me, but we’ve been here before and while we are clearly in a better place now we aren’t over the line yet. I don’t want restrictions to go on any longer then is necessary but I also don’t want to have any more lockdowns of any kind. I want the country to open up and let us never mention lockdowns ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

People still whinging on this thread about everything and anything? It's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,537 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hurrache wrote: »
    People still whinging on this thread about everything and anything? It's amazing.

Are you suprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well the caution was that June is dependent on a good may. So yes it was a positive day but, and maybe this is just me, but we’ve been here before and while we are clearly in a better place now we aren’t over the line yet. I don’t want restrictions to go on any longer then is necessary but I also don’t want to have any more lockdowns of any kind. I want the country to open up and let us never mention lockdowns ever again.
    The problem Ireland had at christmas was a combination of irrational exhuberance and all that craic happening indoors. That was the same a couple of months earlier with the GAA celebrations, it was a disaster waiting to happen.

Opening shops in a controlled manner with people wearing masks isnt a massive risk. Meeting in a garden isnt a massive risk. Vaccinated people meeting up indoors isnt a risk. A lot of it is low risk and its really padding out the opening of hospitality as long as possible to let as much vaccination get done in the meantime.

Allowing people cross county bounds though will let the virus spread across the country from its comfy nest in greater Dublin (and Donegal) to the rest of the country, but sure so long as lads coming from Italy and Luxembourg are locked up at the airport for a fortnight the country is safe and covid free !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

“We need to be careful we don’t have a situation like December”

- Anti vaxxer Leo Varadkar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement