Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ASAP hopefully. Most useless of things introduced during the whole shambles. I’d imagine be February 2022 unfortunately.

CANT ****NG WAIT for that.

sick of wearing contact lenses to go to the shops. i go daily nearly.

pita

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Riodej1578

A "journalist" plugging for Coppers and looking for a gold card on twitter.

The level journalism has gone to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

“We need to be careful we don’t have a situation like December”

- Anti vaxxer Leo Varadkar

Did anyone ask him how that's actually possible?

Is he aware of the vaccination roll out that the government he is part of is rolling out? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

few things i wonder if we will ever see the end of...

people wearing masks alone in the car.
    people in the shops sterilising every item AFTER the cashier pushes it to them, then bagging it.
    people sterilising rubber gloves going into shops.
    most importantly, people telling me what i can and cant spend my hard earned wages on in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

copeyhagen wrote: »

people in the shops sterilising every item AFTER the cashier pushes it to them, then bagging it.
    most importantly, people telling me what i can and cant spend my hard earned wages on in the shops.
    - A lot of people wear same mask going from one shop to the next, easier and more hygienic to keep it on, if running between a couple of places
    - Literally never seen someone sterilising every item after a cashier passes it to them.
    - Very very few people wearing gloves anymore, think the message got through about them
    - of course you will be able to buy all items, I am guessing when non essential retail reopens, shops won't have to block off items.

• Advertisement

Complete deregulation coming? Hard drugs in Boots, semi automatic weapons in Elverys?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Some just forget they even have the mask on.

Masks are not the massive issue that some think it is for most adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Woohoo! Hairdresser just rang me. 9am 11th May, sexy bitch time

475c6a0422609b2017be41416e2075fc.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

pjohnson wrote: »
    Some just forget they even have the mask on.

Masks are not the massive issue that some think it is for most adults.

Honestly I don’t know anyone that likes masks they are an inconvenience and again I honestly think most normal people will be glad to see the back of them. Unfortunately this pandemic has exposed a very strange section of society to me. Good riddance to masks ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Honestly I don’t know anyone that likes masks they are an inconvenience and again I honestly think most normal people will be glad to see the back of them. Unfortunately this pandemic has exposed a very strange section of society to me. Good riddance to masks ASAP.

Sure they mightnt like masks but its not an issue effecting most adults from going about their day.

• Advertisement

Most people will be glad to see the back of them. For most people, putting up with masks is not a major inconvenience relative to everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Hi all. Thank god some light on the horizon today..

Does anyone know what this will mean for hospital visits? We have a family member in hospital with serious brain injury almost a year and we’ve only been allowed the odd ‘window visit’ at periods through the year - it’s been horrendous and definitely impacting their recovery. The stories of the knock on impacts are frightening..

I bought my sister a spa trip for may 29th for her 50th bday, her business has gone bust through covid and between that and our family member it’s been completely hell. I’m just putting that context in as we are not the type of people who give a hoot about waiting for the hairdressers and all that to reopen, our priorities have been elsewhere. But this little treat has been something she has really been hanging on for..

Would a spa in a hotel qualify for reopening under personal services same as the beauticians or no? Trying to figure out if we have to cancel it again or no...

Thank you

Came in to ask the same question. My father is seriously ill in hospital and at the moment my mother can only get in to visit. Be great if more family members could get in to see him. Obviously hospitals are a different kettle of fish for opening up but be great to see some form of access for people with sick relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’ve seen the first thing.
    That sterilising of stuff happened very early on but I don’t do it and I don’t know anyone who’s done it in a year.
    Sterilising gloves ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

will there be time limits/max 15 customers outdoors for bars/restaurants or are these 2 rules gone?

Max 15 is gone, haven't seen anything re: time limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SushiLover31

Does anyone know what this means for weddings in a hotel in June? Since residents of a hotel can eat and drink there, then why shouldn't anyone who books into the hotel be able to go to the reception? Does this mean that technically more than 25 can go if the venue can accommodate this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,975 ✭✭✭✭JRant

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    And no-one has any issue with that, nor some continuing to stay 2m away, or stay home more etc

The problem is forcing these measures on people where it's not warranted or necessary.

Me I can't stand masks, only wear it if I absolutely have to, and have never and will never get used to them. They're a placebo for the concerned, that's about it - especially when you see how people treat them (dirty masks being shoved in and out of pockets and thrown on the ground beside trolleys etc)

But by all means, if someone else wants to wear them indefinitely or as long as they feel the need, work away!

Choice, choice choice, that's what I can't wait to have back. Sure, I may choose to wear a mask or not. The sooner the government are out of our daily lives the better. Let them get on with being incompetent in the Dail and away from our lives.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭StevenToast

RTE trying to tell me that this is a great day....sharon has a "pep in her step"...

F*uck off george lee you spoofer....some mouthpiece for government...

Journalism RIP

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Dempo1 wrote: »
    It is curious alright, it is said Vacinnes the key, they've not even started on the 60 - 69"s and opening booking portal for 50"s to 59 on Monday.

New case numbers still quite high also so a little curious alright

Don't be confused. Once the 65+ have one jab and HCW's are vaccinated that's deaths and the health system looked after. Everyone after that is purely a brucey bonus.

RTE trying to tell me that this is a great day....sharon has a "pep in her step"...

F*uck off george lee you spoofer....some mouthpiece for government...

Journalism RIP

I feel your pain. It’s tough when much of the lifeblood for daily rants gets ripped in one fell swoop

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Max 15 is gone, haven't seen anything re: time limits.

Is that confirmed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A min silence for the following terms

'Wet Pubs'
    '€9 Mandatory meal'

Good Riddance to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The absolute state of that graphic behind Leo Varadkar and Miriam O Callaghan on Prime Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Necro wrote: »
    In general but I doubt they'll drop mask wearing for this winter here in Ireland personally.

I was thinking about that too and agree 'they' will probably want to keep this until very late but then wouldnt that be contradictory?

I mean you couldn't have pubs or clubs or gigs with masks could you? And if you ditch them there how could you continue with them in shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

The absolute state of that graphic behind Leo Varadkar and Miriam O Callaghan on Prime Time.

You really are commenting on that?? Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Does anyone know what this means for weddings in a hotel in June? Since residents of a hotel can eat and drink there, then why shouldn't anyone who books into the hotel be able to go to the reception? Does this mean that technically more than 25 can go if the venue can accommodate this?

25 that's it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

“Come on in, we’re open”

We’re not, really. Not yet, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Never realized you became a moderator, congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

py2006 wrote: »
    I don't get the fuss about the masks, I don't even realise I am wearing one when I do we are so used to them.

While they may not be mandatory (Everywhere) in the near future I think a lot will still wear them for a while.

You've never worked in a job where you have to wear a mask. I had to do 8hours in work, most of my lunch break when I wasn't eating and 2 hours of commuting with a mask on. They were even trying to get me to wear a mask when walking the streets in Dublin to my commute.

Masks can kindly eff off. And Holohan will be back in the winter looking for them to be reintroduced for the flu season. Guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Leo mentioned on Prime Time the money being used is borrowed money and will have to be repaid and now Pascal Donohoe is on with Matt Cooper about the supports and the fact we are borrowing for all these supports and things will have to be repaid. And so it beings. Reality is finally starting to hit. Hence the quicker reopening. There is no choice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement