Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

ISAG lawyer on Tonight Show now is representing all the curtain twitchers of boards.ie well tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Could someone tell me who bankrolls ISAG and why? For what purpose? Whose interest is zero covid in?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

ISAG lawyer on Tonight Show now is representing all the curtain twitchers of boards.ie well tonight.

She was off the wall. Getting all irate.

What's the Irish media fascination with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

She was fit to cry with the thought of relaxing restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

She was fit to cry with the thought of relaxing restrictions.

As opposed to the rest of us who are fit to cry if these restrictions go one any longer than is necessary. What does ISAG stand for btw ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Leo mentioned on Prime Time the money being used is borrowed money and will have to be repaid and now Pascal Donohoe is on with Matt Cooper about the supports and the fact we are borrowing for all these supports and things will have to be repaid. And so it beings. Reality is finally starting to hit. Hence the quicker reopening. There is no choice.

D'ya think that's really it? We reopened fairly fast around this time last year and I'm sure they were aware of the costs involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

ypres5 wrote: »
    Never realized you became a moderator, congratulations.

Is it really modding? Report it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I can't understand why masks would still be mandatory if the population is going to be fully vaccinated before year end?
    I think though in airports and planes they won't ever go away.
    Just can't see airlines scrapping it.
    I dream of the day everything goes back to 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Masks can kindly eff off. And Holohan will be back in the winter looking for them to be reintroduced for the flu season. Guaranteed.

It's not guaranteed.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

bear1 wrote: »
    I can't understand why masks would still be mandatory if the population is going to be fully vaccinated before year end?
    I think though in airports and planes they won't ever go away.
    Just can't see airlines scrapping it.
    I dream of the day everything goes back to 2019.

Couldn’t care if I had to wear mask on a flight or in a airport just so I can travel again !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

D'ya think that's really it? We reopened fairly fast around this time last year and I'm sure they were aware of the costs involved.

There was an article in the Irish Times (I can't find it now) saying we will have to cut up to 12 billion from spending in the very near future. Government departments have been told to cut back also. The faster reopening might not all be down to the lack of finance but in my opinion it is definitely playing a part. The cost of this pandemic has been so high and eventually the cost of it will become very clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Leo mentioned on Prime Time the money being used is borrowed money and will have to be repaid and now Pascal Donohoe is on with Matt Cooper about the supports and the fact we are borrowing for all these supports and things will have to be repaid. And so it beings. Reality is finally starting to hit. Hence the quicker reopening. There is no choice.

"And so it begins"?! It's not a new thing.

Leo said it back in his address to the nation on Paddy's Day last year. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Couldn’t care if I had to wear mask on a flight or in a airport just so I can travel again !

True but imagine a 10 hour flight wearing it constantly :/
    Which brings me onto another point, I wonder when the government is thinking of scrapping the hotel ****e and allowing tourists in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You've never worked in a job where you have to wear a mask. I had to do 8hours in work, most of my lunch break when I wasn't eating and 2 hours of commuting with a mask on. They were even trying to get me to wear a mask when walking the streets in Dublin to my commute.

Masks can kindly eff off. And Holohan will be back in the winter looking for them to be reintroduced for the flu season. Guaranteed.

Is this the same type of Guarantee that this thread gave while insisting Holohan will keep everything locked down until 2022?

Penfailed wrote: »
    "And so it begins"?! It's not a new thing.

Leo said it back in his address to the nation on Paddy's Day last year. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

It doesn't come as any surprise to me but it will come as one to many.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,975 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I was thinking about that too and agree 'they' will probably want to keep this until very late but then wouldnt that be contradictory?

I mean you couldn't have pubs or clubs or gigs with masks could you? And if you ditch them there how could you continue with them in shops?

Much like social distancing. Once most people are vaccinated that will slowly fade away to obscurity.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Whitters22

Who was it?

bear1 wrote: »
    True but imagine a 10 hour flight wearing it constantly :/
    Which brings me onto another point, I wonder when the government is thinking of scrapping the hotel ****e and allowing tourists in.

I wear one for 7 hours a day with work so would happily wear one on a plane to get out of here and towards some sun. I would like to know the same as am wondering if travel without quarantine will be possible in August.

I wear one for 7 hours a day with work so would happily wear one on a plane to get out of here and towards some sun. I would like to know the same as am wondering if travel without quarantine will be possible in August.

The passport thing should be done in July.
    If you're fully vaccinated then I see no reason why you'd be quarantined.
    The government needs tourism funds but don't see many people desperate to come to Ireland this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Positive news but typically convoluted, ironic 474 more cases and 3 deaths announced as the Taoiseach spoke so whilst hospitalisation down, numbers of new cases not so down.

I don't get these various permissions as to who can visit another person's house, it's a nonsense and besides who monitors this.

I'm sure pubs and restaurants thrilled at the notion of out door service, they might get a few weeks of decent weather. The pronouncement by the HSE of 250k Vacinnes next week is probably fantasy, but we'll see.

Salons and barber's by appointment? Yeah, that's really going to happen and of course salons & barber's will turn away those naughty clients who haven't booked.

So hard to know, hard to see what's going to happen but with that mysterious and quite frankly nonsensical notion of €15 billion in personal savings waiting to be spent, I'm sure the economy will be fine, I've just ordered a Rolex myself (NOT)
    Who listens to that imbecile that is a supposed leader of this country.
    Utter nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,975 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Who knows, we are trying to add more countries to the list, even as vaccine numbers increase.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

JRant wrote: »
    Don't be confused. Once the 65+ have one jab and HCW's are vaccinated that's deaths and the health system looked after. Everyone after that is purely a brucey bonus.

We know that at least 50% of those in hospital with Covid up to recently have been under 65s. The most recent 14 Day Epidemiological report now gives that figure as just under 73%. And whilst it is likley that a significant proportion of those have underlying conditions - the facts are that of the cases notified today 71% are under 45 years of age, with the median age being just 32 years.

Interestingly the average age of those contracting Covid seems to been driven down by the current vaccination programme - which means we will continue to see at least a proportion of people belonging to younger age groups in hospital for some time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

gozunda wrote: »
    We know that at least 50% of those in hospital with Covid up to recently have been under 65s. And whilst it is likley that a significant proportion of those have underlying conditions - the fact is that of the cases notified today 71% are under 45 years of age, with the median age being just 32 years.

Interestingly the average age of those contracting Covid seems to been driven down by the current vaccination programme - which means we will continue to see at least a proportion of younger age groups in hospital for some time to come.

Highly doubtful young people catching it will lead to overwhelmed hospitals so does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,090 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Nope. Outdoor pints maybe but our weather being what it is, it’ll be pints in warm rain maybe.

I know it is said that fashions and fads change very quickly, but this has to be a record.
    A few days ago pints outside were so popular Newry was going to be crammed to the rafters with traffic backed-up due to the crowds travelling from the Republic. Now suddenly pints outside is Meh.

But then that may be just because the weather in Northern Ireland is so much better than in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Begs the question why click and collect or outdoor training wasnt brought in a month ago.

Once again its open everything within a few weeks.

What a waste of 4 months of severe lockdown when basic things could have been opened.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Highly doubtful young people catching it will lead to overwhelmed hospitals so does it matter?

Probably not, but it depends on what age group you call young.

Under 35 will most like make no great difference in severe symptoms or I.C.U. numbers, but it would be foolish to believe that just vaccinating the over 65s and the vulnerable will take pressure of hospitals.
    Sweden have followed the same vaccination regime as we have, possibly even slightly ahead percentage wise, and their health service is under severe pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Today was a good day, finally they’ve swung into action and started to cobble together a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Begs the question why click and collect or outdoor training wasnt brought in a month ago.

Once again its open everything within a few weeks.

What a waste of 4 months of severe lockdown when basic things could have been opened.

Not sure about click and collect but with team sports etc - Infection rate are now lower plus more people vaccinated.

Edit.
    Just checked and NI only brought in Click and collect on the 12th of April with a whole raft of conditions which must be met by retailers to ensure reduced risk for staff and shoppers

The introduction of these additional requirements aims to enhance the public safety within retail operations by promoting social distancing, reducing queues and interactions between consumers and retail staff, enhancing traffic flows by keeping a greater number of citizens outside stores, and reducing footfall in those essential stores that are open thereby enhancing their protection and maximising their safety.

https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/coronavirus-guide-providing-contactless-click-and-collect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Today was a good day, finally they’ve swung into action and started to cobble together a plan.

To feather their own nests.

• Advertisement

Today was a good day, but I don`t think it was cobbled together on the hoof today.
    Getting out of lockdown, re-open in stages and hopefully not having to go back based on vaccinations far as I was concerned was always the plan. The level of vaccinations and the stages was the question of when.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement