Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Media are scaremongering.

It's time everyone was reminded that the media are benefitting from Covid so it's in their interest for it to keep going on.

Go on Twitter and you'll see half of twitter brown nosing the likes of Zara King, Aoife Grace O'Moore, Paul Horford, Richard Chambers, Fergal Bowers etc. I've seen loads claiming how users would love to buy them a pint after all this is finished for their hard work...eh it's their job to report things!!!

The aforementioned, amongst others are raising their profile, getting more followers, thus getting more money.

RTE made a damn profit for once during Covid! All the regional papers and radio are getting grants because "Covid has proven they're so important".

It's the same for the NPHET Nerds. They're living their wet dream. They have power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭hamburgham

PTH2009 wrote: »
    But those countries don't have expert health officials who appear daily in national news and media

NPHET are showing the world how great and informative they are

Yes, it’s a wonder other countries aren’t queueing up to poach our expert health officials with their obviously superior knowledge.

Though I guarantee our officials are paid more than their equivalents all over Europe.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0328/1206625-coronavirus-restrictions/
    The meeting comes amid concern that the number of new cases is increasing.

- Set up testing centers
    - Tell asymptomatic people to go to them
    - Make shocked Pikachu face when cases rise

This is some Fawlty Towers ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Russman wrote: »
    Isn’t that the problem though ? We don’t have the capacity to properly enforce it, so it’s a relatively poor return for the resources spent doing it half baked.
    As it should be. No government in a free country should ever have the capacity to restrict the movement of every one of its citizens.

Honestly I don't know what our defence forces or Garda numbers are like but I'd say it's highly unlikely that we have the resources to stop the movement of the entire country

On a county by county basis or even a city/major town though I'd think we could

Honestly I don't know what our defence forces or Garda numbers are like but I'd say it's highly unlikely that we have the resources to stop the movement of the entire country

On a county by county basis or even a city/major town though I'd think we could

And rightly so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Locotastic

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0328/1206625-coronavirus-restrictions/

- Set up testing centers
    - Tell asymptomatic people to go to them
    - Make shocked Pikachu face when cases rise

This is some Fawlty Towers ****.

Who are the people actually going to get tested!? Have they really got nothing else to be doing with their lives. I mean even in lockdown a trip to the local test centre for the craic.

None of my family will be getting tested unnecessarily, if we're sick we'll stay away from people just like we've always done. Of course if we need medication say for example for a strep throat or chest infection we'll have to clear the covid hurdle first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Really feel like the government and the HSE have gotten away with murder.

They told us a year ago, 2 weeks to flatten the curve so we can work on increasing capacity.

A year later, we're still in lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

As it should be. No country in a free country should ever have the capacity to restrict the movement of every one of its citizens.

Ahh come on, there’s more nuance to it than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

With cases fairly stable and a substantial ramp up in vaccines going into arms, I'm starting to feel quite positive about where we are for the first time in ages.

Still a precarious situation, but at the current pace of vaccination, with every week that passes we'll be in a better and better situation.

The situation with cases rising in kids is a big worry, but the easter holidays will hopefully relieve a bit of pressure there, and by then we should be jabbing huge numbers of people per week.

It's a pity your positivity isn't shared by NPHET or our government.

They appear to be dancing around moving the 5km limit to 10km or some other arbitrary distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MM speech will be fun

'the end is truly in sight but waffle waffle waffle, new variants waffle'

• Advertisement

RGS wrote: »
    It's a pity your positivity isn't shared by NPHET or our government.

They appear to be dancing around moving the 5km limit to 10km or some other arbitrary distance.

The key will be when they stop monitoring

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭hynesie08

MM speech will be fun

Don't watch it so, just do what you do best and get mad at what you imagine he's going to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

MM speech will be fun

It's a new Virus yet somehow the vaccines designed against the old virus work against it too.

Carefree88 wrote: »
    Damn, all most had Hotel booked, when are NI opening indoor dining, gym zoos etc? England are April 12th

Not announced yet, Scotland is opening indoor drinking with food or outdoor drinking the 26th

If I was a betting man, may bank holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Locotastic

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Don't watch it so, just do what you do best and get mad at what you imagine he's going to say.

You mean predict what he's going to say :D

I'm thinking next weeks speech will be the straw that breaks the camels back. Many in this country won't accept anything less than a swiftly executed reopening of the entire country.

It will be a big mistake for them to consider prolonging or introducing further restrictions.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Not announced yet, Scotland is opening indoor drinking with food or outdoor drinking the 26th

If I was a betting man, may bank holiday?

Bank holidays here are also a major no no for NPHET

In that case Mid August might be the case for Hospitality opening here

I'm going to explain this slowly.

Northern.... Ireland..... Is.... Not...... The...... Republic....

It's a new Virus yet somehow the vaccines designed against the old virus work against it too.

It's a new mutation of the existing virus, vaccines work with less efficacy

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Those in the media must go to bed every night feeling conflicted, on one hand their ratings are doing very well, which keeps them in jobs, but on the other hand the more they feed into this crap the longer it will go on.

Travel restrictions need to be fully removed, they're being completely ignored anyway. MM needs to grow a set and stop letting 'scientists' run the country.

In that case Mid August might be the case for Hospitality opening here

If they're smart they'll open outdoor hospitality long before that... They're not smart though

• Advertisement

Locotastic wrote: »
    You mean predict what he's going to say :D

I'm thinking next weeks speech will be the straw that breaks the camels back. Many in this country won't accept anything less than a swiftly executed reopening of the entire country.

It will be a big mistake for them to consider prolonging or introducing further restrictions.

By all accounts they're not so that's good.

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Travel restrictions need to be fully removed, they're being completely ignored anyway. MM needs to grow a set and stop letting 'scientists' run the country.

What scientist runs the country? Also what scientist would be worse than the idiot we currently have as Taoiseach?

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Locotastic wrote: »
    Who are the people actually going to get tested!? Have they really got nothing else to be doing with their lives. I mean even in lockdown a trip to the local test centre for the craic.

They interviewed them in rte the other night. A lot of them saying sure ya never know if you have it. Down there for the craic basically. One woman said she hasn't left the house in a year cos she's high risk so she decided to go down there.

If they're smart they'll open outdoor hospitality long before that... They're not smart though

Outdoor hospitality is useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

I have a feeling Tony will return tomorrow :eek:

SnuggyBear wrote: »

Howso?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

It is but it might stop a lot of gatherings indoors in houses.

Howso?

It's not viable for most places

It is but it might stop a lot of gatherings indoors in houses.

Exactly

• Advertisement

In terms of numbers it is as it can be quite hard to find somewhere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement