Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Hooked

SAMTALK wrote: »
    That's fair enough and it's your choice ( I get that and understand it)

So you won't be here giving out in 6 or 8 weeks if we still have restricions in place

Rightly, or wrongly... my opinion is that we will most definitely still be here in 6 or 8 weeks. Prob shift the 5k to 7 or 10. Something ridiculous. Then 6 weeks later they'll allow travel in your own county. Then 6 weeks after that they'll allow country wide travel. BEST CASE. In August, probably...

So - knowing what we know, going on the last 12 months... I can see the pattern. And I'm not willing to give up another 4 months of my life...

We're damned if we do, and damned if we don't.

Time to get on with living, while taking calculated risks...

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

LameBeaver wrote: »
    Ah so you support someone who constantly viciously attacks teachers, healthcare workers etc.? Speaks volumes about you if you do. Oh and frankly chief I couldn`t give a flying fcuk about what he or anyone else might or might not want me to do.

You OK chief? Seem a bit angry.

Yep. Lockdown level 5 to be extended for another month/potentially 2 months.

Unsure if two months would be the right extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Genuine question.

With schools being open and the new Kent variant is it entirely possible that averaging around 500 cases a day is as good as its going to get?

And before anyone asks no i dont have any source for this hence the fact its a question.

At what stage do we stop obsessing with case numbers and focus on other aspects in terms of reopening?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I have never endeavoured to live a zero risk life.
    A bigger risk to the health of everyone involved was the car journey there. I don’t intend to stop driving for fear of accidents.

Don't think so chief.

From the beginning of 2020 to now there were approx 169 fatalities on Irish roads

In the same period- there have been 4,666 deaths from Covid.

And Ireland is one of the lucky ones - the UK has had the fifth highest death toll in the world since the pandemic began ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

gmisk wrote: »
    Darts, pool, cans and fags at the petrol station...what a bunch of absolute legends and rebels...

Meanwhile you have people self-flagellating themselves while saying a decade of the rosary because they had impure thoughts of going 6 Kms from their houses. They’re the real heroes aren’t they? Saving lives an ****!

gozunda wrote: »
    Don't think so chief.

From the beginning of 2020 to now there were approx 169 fatalities on Irish roads

In the same period- there have been 4,666 deaths from Covid.

And Ireland is one of the lucky ones - the UK has had the fifth highest death toll in the world since the pandemic began ...

45 deaths in the age group we all fall under, actually.

I’m not having dinner parties with unvaccinated people in their 80s.

Chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LameBeaver

I have never endeavoured to live a zero risk life.

A bigger risk to the health of everyone involved was the car journey there. I don’t intend to stop driving for fear of accidents.

So brave of you chief. What a hero. Do you wear a cape as well? A real role model for the great unwashed.

So brave of you chief. What a hero. Do you wear a cape as well? A real role model for the great unwashed.

Go for a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Micheál Lehane just said there that sources in Government don’t think NPHET will be allowing for much easing of restrictions.

There’s something seriously wrong with that statement.

• Advertisement

Micheál Lehane just said there that sources in Government don’t think NPHET will be allowing for much easing of restrictions.

Am hearing definitely 1 month, more than likely at least 2 more months of level 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Getting more and more p*ssed off with this government and media. Where's the plan to get out of this?
    Just watched TV3 news just there where they are talking about extending the 5km. If they extend it to 10km that's no good to anyone.
    First newsreader talks about how cases are on the rise and there's a fourth wave.
    Second correspondent a minute later says that cases are around the 5/600 mark for weeks, hopitilizations are down along with ICU numbers.
    So which is it? Are cases rising or are they stable?
    Also them blaming everyone for the spread of this virus apart from the main driver in this....the schools. It's like don't mention the war.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Who the f**k is in charge in this country??

Chief.

Eh - which age group is that? And who is "we"? Of should 'we' all only think of ourselves and fuq every one else?

Btw you don't have to have "dinner parties with unvaccinated people in their 80s" to be irresponsible or reckless.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    You OK chief? Seem a bit angry.

I`m fine chief. I doubt if you can say the same about yourself and some of your buddies here though. Seems that you have issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

Am hearing definitely 1 month, more than likely at least 2 more months of level 5.

House building ?

Chief.

I genuinely can't understand how people don't have a grasp of how this virus works after a year.i Its pretty elementary. My 6 year old niece gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,360 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

I genuinely can't understand how people don't have a grasp of how this virus works after a year.i Its pretty elementary. My 6 year old niece gets it.

You're meant to say "It's not rocket science."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Jesus no!!!

The protests planned this weekend by the extreme right wing / left wing / hippies / crusties / anti mask / anti lock down whatever you call them might just increase in size if they give the people nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I`m fine chief. I doubt if you can say the same about yourself and some of your buddies here though. Seems that you have issues.

Ye im depressed out of my head chief you want to have a go at me about it chief?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

how credible is the source?

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Getting more and more p*ssed off with this government and media. Where's the plan to get out of this?
    Just watched TV3 news just there where they are talking about extending the 5km. If they extend it to 10km that's no good to anyone.
    First newsreader talks about how cases are on the rise and there's a fourth wave.
    Second correspondent a minute later says that cases are around the 5/600 mark for weeks, hopitilizations are down along with ICU numbers.
    So which is it? Are cases rising or are they stable?
    Also them blaming everyone for the spread of this virus apart from the main driver in this....the schools. It's like don't mention the war.

New cases have remained stubbornly high for an extended period.

The r number has risen to 1.3 so yes indicators are the case numbers are at the beginning of a growth phase.

The important thing about new case numbers is that they are an indicator of future hospitalisations. And that's why the current data is of concern.

As to the blame game - pointless at this stage. Children's education rightly or wrongly has been prioritised atm. Kids are now off on their easter holidays. That should be telling if indeed they are the 'main driver.

Absolutely. No non essential retail or gastro pubs, restaurants etc. to open before the May bank holiday weekend, possibly not until after the June bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Jesus no!!!

The protests planned this weekend by the extreme right wing / left wing / hippies / crusties / anti mask / anti lock down whatever you call them might just increase in size if they give the people nothing.
    Put me down for the next protest in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

how credible is the source?

Newstalk

Jesus no!!!

Ah no chief ...

Only if you want to catch something :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Absolutely. No non essential retail or gastro pubs, restaurants etc. to open before the May bank holiday weekend, possibly not until after the June bank holiday.

Possibly not until after the heat death of the universe.

Jesus no!!!

I very much doubt the protests will be allowed to go ahead.

• Advertisement

growleaves wrote: »
    You're meant to say "It's not rocket science."

Don't know anything about rocket science but I do know public health

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement