Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Really hope they open up in the next 2 weeks and all you posters on here get exactly what you want. Then in about 6 weeks we will be closed again til xmas. Be careful what you wish for. What you should be asking is why is there still 500/600 morons day catching this because they cant do as they are told.

Why would we have to lock down until Christmas when we're vaccinating people or did you pull that from a certain orifice? Also it's not people's fault for catching a highly contagious virus, it's not down to following the rules like a good boy especially when the b117 variant was shipped here by the government, schools are open and nphet are rooting down the back of the couch for cases so spare us the histrionics

Really hope they open up in the next 2 weeks and all you posters on here get exactly what you want. Then in about 6 weeks we will be closed again til xmas. Be careful what you wish for. What you should be asking is why is there still 500/600 morons day catching this because they cant do as they are told.

That's really a sick thing to be hoping for, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Least we will have a good six weeks of it, out of interest are you saying that the 4600 people that died were morons for getting it too.

Some people just have a compulsive need to be right and get a sense of petty vindication circumstances be damned

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

You are one to talk, you were on here earlier today bragging about how you broke the restrictions. As you were told then and I will say it again. It's morons like you that puts us in the position we are in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

So everyone who catches Covid is a moron? Let's hope you don't catch it then so.

I take it you are completely confining yourself to your room and not leaving for months until this is all over? Wouldn't want to be known as a moron now!

You are one to talk, you were on here earlier today bragging about how you broke the restrictions. As you were told then and I will say it again. It's morons like you that puts us in the position we are in.

She had people over for dinner, it's not like she remade copper faced jacks in her front room

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Locotastic

Well the 'moron' club is getting bigger every day.

I don't know a single person still following restrictions bar one or two very at risk folk who are desperately waiting to be vaccinated (nothing in sight for them unfortunately, too many being given to office and admin staff and would you believe even staff working from home - that's on top of the Jabs for the boys brigade).

Whole thing is a farce!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

The gas thing is, it's morons like you that are actually keeping the restrictions in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Hooked

ypres5 wrote: »
    She had people over for dinner, it's not like she remade copper faced jacks in her front room

I’m just angry I got no invite...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

Are you able to code humans to remove emotion and subjectivity? If the answer is no, calling people morons for breaking restrictions after 365 days of them is a statement so oblivious to reality it's not even funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

darem93 wrote: »
    So everyone who catches Covid is a moron? Let's hope you don't catch it then so.

I take it you are completely confining yourself to your room and not leaving for months until this is all over? Wouldn't want to be known as a moron now!

Exactly what I have been doing, following instructions for the betterment of society. Haven't left my property since July 2020. It's been a wonderful bliss watching karma work its magic. Luckily the boards are not representative of the greater population. But if you wish to find eejits and morons this is the place for one to amuse themselves in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

"Haven't left my property since July 2020"

What a life. The Irish mentality in full view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Locotastic wrote: »

I don't know a single person still following restrictions bar one or two very at risk folk who are desperately waiting to be vaccinated (nothing in sight for them unfortunately, too many being given to office and admin staff and would you believe even staff working from home - that's on top of the Jabs for the boys brigade).

Whole thing is a farce!

Says a lot about you and the people you hang around with more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Whole thing is a farce!

Heard the same thing today involving Pfizer staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Nothing less than travel within our own county will suffice tomorrow. If they announce 5k going to 10k they can shove it up in their h*le.

Don't want to make it a county thing but I'm in an area in the west with a number of surrounding counties also having less than 5 cases a day the last couple of weeks. Time to bring this farce to an end and rescue the country's economy. Let people take responsibility and those in a vulnerable position should have their vaccine very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Exactly what I have been doing, following instructions for the betterment of society. Haven't left my property since July 2020. It's been a wonderful bliss watching karma work its magic. Luckily the boards are not representative of the greater population. But if you wish to find eejits and morons this is the place for one to amuse themselves in the evening.

Mod

Threadbanned - it is not acceptable to start calling everyone and anyone a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭bloopy

Maybe, but a financially and mentally stable one at that.

But just an hour ago you were hoping for increased suffering and associated deaths just to teach your imagined enemies a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

PTH2009 wrote: »

Is this for real? :pac::pac::pac: I haven't laughed this much in ages.

"Forget about this year, this year is gone" - "Extend the lockdown for 6 months"

Nonsense.

• Advertisement

I was wondering how the guy who used to pace outside the local tesco muttering to himself was spending lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

He’s definitely a regular here on this thread. (Or maybe he was at one stage :))

Just trying to figure out which one!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,358 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How the **** would you police 10k. 5k was pointless so how in the hell are they gonna moderate 10!?

See the garda check points are on the motorways again. One set up at the Black Church Inn on the N7 southband. Absolute pointless where they are set up. Cant turn anyone around where there situated. Anyone heading southbound just has to stick to the fast lane. Not pulling in anyone if your on that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

the kelt wrote: »
    He’s definitely a regular here on this thread. (Or maybe he was at one stage :))

Just trying to figure out which one!

I think he's meant it as a joke? That's how I viewed it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

Embarrassing “disease” anybody taking it seriously at this stage I’m embarrassed for you. Absolutely bonkers that we’ve began to pretend that people over the age of 80 dying is surprising or a tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Locotastic

RobitTV wrote: »
    "Haven't left my property since July 2020"

What a life. The Irish mentality in full view.

It's another side effect of lockdowns and restrictions, I genuinely think there are people who will struggle to come out of lockdown ever. It's reduced a lot of people to thinking this type of behaviour is a good thing.

I know people who would likely get very ill or die if they contracted covid or the flu or any other tough illness, and they've not taken to locking themselves up.

There's being careful and responsible and then there's lockdown enthusiasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

It's another side effect of lockdowns and restrictions, I genuinely think there are people who will struggle to come out of lockdown ever. It's reduced a lot of people to thinking this type of behaviour is a good thing.

I know people who would likely get very ill or die if they contracted covid or the flu or any other tough illness, and they've not taken to locking themselves up.

There's being careful and responsible and then there's lockdown enthusiasts.

Enthusiast is too soft a word, fanatic or zealot is more suitable.

11521323 wrote: »
    Enthusiast is too soft a word, fanatic or zealot is more suitable.

It certainly does seem like the argument for level 5 is becoming more faith based than anything else especially when the government themselves can't explain why they're doing what they're doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

UsBus wrote: »
    Nothing less than travel within our own county will suffice tomorrow. If they announce 5k going to 10k they can shove it up in their h*le.

Don't want to make it a county thing but I'm in an area in the west with a number of surrounding counties also having less than 5 cases a day the last couple of weeks. Time to bring this farce to an end and rescue the country's economy. Let people take responsibility and those in a vulnerable position should have their vaccine very soon.

I'd absolutely love the county wide travel but I'll take the 10km in a heartbeat. I'll crack up if they leave it at 5km

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement