Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I'd absolutely love the county wide travel but I'll take the 10km in a heartbeat. I'll crack up if they leave it at 5km

Are ya far from the beach?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'd absolutely love the county wide travel but I'll take the 10km in a heartbeat. I'll crack up if they leave it at 5km

Why would it make any difference to you. Are you actually not travelling to somewhere that's 7 or 8k from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Not having a pop at you or anything....

I've heard the same thing a few times now and it seems something like a prisoner of war being held captive and hungry when the guard throws them a rotten apple core they eat it up in a second and are delighted with it....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Drinking game for tomorrow's public service announcement. A wee nip every time he mutters and stutters the following:

"We aren't where we want to be"
    "D'VARIANT"
    "Cautiously optimistic"
    "a few more weeks"
    "Public health advice"

Guaranteed to be absolutely slaughtered by the end of it.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Route1 wrote: »
    Embarrassing “disease” anybody taking it seriously at this stage I’m embarrassed for you. Absolutely bonkers that we’ve began to pretend that people over the age of 80 dying is surprising or a tragedy.

Too right, all those people dead and in hospital should be scarlet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Locotastic wrote: »
    It's another side effect of lockdowns and restrictions, I genuinely think there are people who will struggle to come out of lockdown ever. It's reduced a lot of people to thinking this type of behaviour is a good thing.

I know people who would likely get very ill or die if they contracted covid or the flu or any other tough illness, and they've not taken to locking themselves up.

There's being careful and responsible and then there's lockdown enthusiasts.

Any lockdown enthusiast that I've come across is either a public sector worker or someone who is at risk.

Everyone else is completely fed up. I think it's fairly obvious to most that NPHET and the Government have made a mess of the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

This guy again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,698 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

JRant wrote: »
    Drinking game for tomorrow's public service announcement. A wee nip every time he mutters and stutters the following:

"D'VARIANT"
    "Cautiously optimistic"
    "a few more weeks"
    "Public health advice"

You missed one..

"to avoid a fourth wave....."

this time next year we'll still be trying to avoid a 19th wave...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Jesus, the talk of second, third, fourth waves is so cringe. I particularly hate that this is called a third wave. The so called second and third waves are the exact same wave FFS. We simply slowed it for a bit before Xmas before it inevitably picked up speed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Akesh wrote: »
    Any lockdown enthusiast that I've come across is either a public sector worker or someone who is at risk.

Everyone else is completely fed up. I think it's fairly obvious to most that NPHET and the Government have made a mess of the pandemic.

I work in the public sector each and everyone of my colleagues is sick **** of this and wants it to end. I don’t know who you are talking to in the public sector but it’s different people to the ones o meet daily.

• Advertisement

I work in the public sector each and everyone of my colleagues is sick **** of this and wants it to end. I don’t know who you are talking to in the public sector but it’s different people to the ones o meet daily.

I talk to lots of public sector too and I would agree that most want an end to this but most of the people I talked to who wanted more restrictions or were supportive of current measures were public sector or at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Akesh wrote: »

I know a public sector worker who is also "at risk", they can't wait for the restrictions to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mentally i don't know how im going to cope when we have the same thing mid may about another extension of the tough restrictions til June

Enough is enough we can't do anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭finalfurlong

"D'VARIANT"
    "Cautiously optimistic"
    "a few more weeks"
    "Public health advice"

This proposal to do one thing per week is laughable.Hope he goes ahead with it -should be comedy gold.the effect will be to try justify 6 weeks -im giving ye 6 changes!on week 4 socks to be changed thursdays and tuesdays
    week 5 teeth to be brushed left to right/ week 6 ham instead of cheese in your sandwiches.A total farce,a laughing stock,this country is fkd if this type of micro managing nanny stateism becomes "normal"

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Jesus, the talk of second, third, fourth waves is so cringe. I particularly hate that this is called a third wave. The so called second and third waves are the exact same wave FFS. We simply slowed it for a bit before Xmas before it inevitably picked up speed again.

Lockding down and opening again is a wave machine

The CDC are getting into hysterics again: Rochelle Walensky says she senses ‘impending doom’ in Covid-19 trends despite inoculation gains

Going forward the world needs to reign-in these doom merchants. What is it with public health officials and whipping up hysteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sounding like we're getting no plan either tomorrow

just another 'ah well wait and see' thing

Will we get any 100% leaks tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

"D'VARIANT"
    "Cautiously optimistic"
    "a few more weeks"
    "Public health advice"

If he mentions ‘a new virus’ down the whole bottle in one go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Has leaking leo leaked the changes that will be coming in for the guidelines for me to ignore yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Carefree88 wrote: »
    The UK are opening on April 12th, 2 weeks from now, all indoor dining, pubs with food, gym's, everything open.Dubs will be going up North to wine and dine, no one will be going to Kerry.

Nope. It's England you are thinking of.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

You are one to talk, you were on here earlier today bragging about how you broke the restrictions. As you were told then and I will say it again. It's morons like you that puts us in the position we are in.

Bragging? Or just stating?

Makes no difference to someone who’s had themselves under house arrest for some eight month anyway, does it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

all ill say is the next 2 weeks are crucial

Has leaking leo leaked the changes that will be coming in for the guidelines for me to ignore yet?

reckon hell be ringing the independent up before midnight -government source aka leo the leak

"D'VARIANT"
    "Cautiously optimistic"
    "a few more weeks"
    "Public health advice"

“Disimproving” is the latest addition to the lockdowners’ lexicon.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Sounding like we're getting no plan either tomorrow

just another 'ah well wait and see' thing

Will we get any 100% leaks tonight ?

at least well see mehole waving his hands around trying to be assertive :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭11521323

“Disimproving” is the latest addition to the lockdowners’ lexicon.

Pour some sambuca into a glass every time they say 'crucial' and then neck it when they say 'hold firm' - you won't wake up until Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

gmisk wrote: »
    Do you actually look up the details of anything before you post?
    It cost 850k to develop.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/20/cheap-popular-and-it-works-irelands-contact-tracing-app-success
    It worked, and had 1.2 million downloads in 8 days.

The UK one cost over 35 million and flopped.

Bad news Boss,it's wee bit more than that....

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/127/public-accounts-committee/news/150988/unimaginable-cost-of-test-trace-failed-to-deliver-central-promise-of-averting-another-lockdown/
    In May last year NHS Test and Trace (NHST&T) was set up with a budget of £22 billion. Since then it has been allocated £15 billion more: totalling £37 billion over two years.

Unimaginably more...£37 BILLION :eek:....and counting.

We were far more prudent apparently,either that or our numbers did'nt stack up enough....

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/covid-19-test-and-tracing-cost-hse-e280m-last-year-1094718.html

The figures show that the HSE spent €9.33 million on contact tracing in 2020. A further €5.8 million was spent on costs concerning ‘test and trace’.
    Across 290 days from March to the end of December, the HSE carried out an average of 8,283 Covid-19 tests per day and reached a high point in October when the daily average was 14,521.
    PPE

Forget Pandemic,and the supposed risks to everybody from Infants to Centenarians,we are now in a business relationship with the Virus,and the figures are eyewatering......
    Separately, the HSE FOI unit has confirmed that the value of orders made for Covid-19 PPE last year totalled €859 million.

And it's uplifting to all of us who are in this together,to see how the money is going around....
    A Co Tipperary firm Enfer was last year paid €122.4 million to process Covid-19 tests.

Enfer re-registered as an unlimited entity more than a decade ago and the level of profits it generates is not known. It is controlled by businessman Louis Ronan Snr.

Enfer - which has sponsored Tipperary GAA in the past - is based out of Clonmel and processed Covid-19 tests from its Kildare labs on behalf of the National Virus Reference Laboratory
    :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Locotastic

at least well see mehole waving his hands around trying to be assertive :eek:

The fourth wave :p courtesy of MM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Death numbers are through the floor. Open the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

all ill say is the next 2 weeks are crucial

That's very true. I think we'll know where are then..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement