Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

paw patrol wrote: »
    why would a non sick person get tested if those numbers only serve to ramp up NPHETS monster erection for more lockdowns and more relevance for them?
    It's sounds bizarre but to get tested if you aren't sick is unpatriotic and an insult to your fellow man as it only feeds Mehole and whatever mental illness he is suffering.

The reason for these test centres were explained and it has nothing to do with ramping up NPHETS monster erection for more lockdowns, which is a bizarre statement !

Not to mention your statement about mental illness

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Graham wrote: »
    We reduce the spread of Coronavirus.

By how much?

Quantify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

LameBeaver wrote: »
    As was your embellished story. Unless you have evidence to back it up.

Yes let me just go back in time and record a lot of stranger kids being spritzed down with sanitiser and then upload it here for you, another stranger’s approval.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,377 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

By how much?

Quantify it.

2 more weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Yes let me just go back in time and record a lot of stranger kids being spritzed down with sanitiser and then upload it here for you, another stranger’s approval.

I guess you should have recorded a bunch of kids going into school as evidence, I'm sure that couldn't backfire at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Corby Trouser Press

What makes me most angry is the lack of accountability or even logic underpinning these decisions.

If you are going to make a decision that has a such a cost associated with it, would you not want to know what the benefits of that decision are?

We know there is an economic cost associated with the sheer numbers of construction workers claiming the PUP, we know there is a knock-on effect in delay to completion times. There is even a social element as once upon a time, availability of housing and adequate infrastructure where 'hot-button' topics of the electorate and politicians.

Given all the above, what are we gaining by closing construction, how many less cases, how many less hospitalizations or deaths? Does anyone know? Has anyone in power even bothered to ask these questions?

It is scary to see the complete breakdown in logic associated with Covid, a virus so mild that we have now got pop-up centers to accommodate the people who feel absolutely grand but want to get counted as a 'case' anyway.

it's not just madness, it is criminal what is being done to this country.

They don't have the data to back it up.

The burden of proof should be on NPHET / Government to prove the sector cannot operate safely.

Instead the CIF have to try and convince the public that they can.

It is an utterly bizarre turn of events given that no other countries industry has to go through this.

No other country citizens need to worry about a significant knock on effect in housing supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

What makes me most angry is the lack of accountability or even logic underpinning these decisions.

If you are going to make a decision that has a such a cost associated with it, would you not want to know what the benefits of that decision are?

We know there is an economic cost associated with the sheer numbers of construction workers claiming the PUP, we know there is a knock-on effect in delay to completion times. There is even a social element as once upon a time, availability of housing and adequate infrastructure where 'hot-button' topics of the electorate and politicians.

Given all the above, what are we gaining by closing construction, how many less cases, how many less hospitalizations or deaths? Does anyone know? Has anyone in power even bothered to ask these questions?

It is scary to see the complete breakdown in logic associated with Covid, a virus so mild that we have now got pop-up centers to accommodate the people who feel absolutely grand but want to get counted as a 'case' anyway.

I’ve long since come to the conclusion that NPHET and the government don’t know what they are doing.

Never was it more emphasised than a few weeks ago when Philip Nolan came in on a Monday and told us all we were in a great place. A few days later he came back and said we were in a precarious position.

He was asked a question on Monday about how he saw the numbers going in the next few weeks and replied that he had no idea.

That sums up the whole carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

2 more weeks

I hear the curve will be flattened by then

2 more weeks

The critical weeks no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

ypres5 wrote: »
    I hear the curve will be flattened by then

We must have flattened more curves than slimfast at this stage!

• Advertisement

Meanwhile we have 175,000 vaccines in Storeage
    https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1375037640169361412

And last Sunday we managed to give a 2nd Jab to a whopping 6 people

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1375054138740989956

But sure hopefully the General Public can pull up their socks and do a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LameBeaver

So no proof that your tale of outrage happened anything like the way you made it out to be? Right so chief.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

the worst thing is its not only Ireland, but almost every country globally is partaking in same scheme :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Why?

The vulnerable are vaccinated, the HCWs are vaccinated

Case numbers are fast becoming irrelevant and these clowns are opening more places to tell people who aren’t sick that they are sick

310 in hospital last night, a number of which are there for containment not treatment

This thing is finished

We just need to convince NPHET

The vulnerable are not vaccinated. There are still people over 70 that have yet to be vaccinated. Meanwhile, a couple of lads I know in the north with asthma, only in their 20s have been sorted with a first jab. They're down to the over 50s in the north. Yet restrictions still remain in place up there. This thing isn't finished. You need to convince yourself.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

So the teacher "roared" at the kids to come in one at a time and then "hosed" them with sanitiser? Like with a garden hose ? Err... I think not. Hyperbole alert.

No, the teacher did not have an actual hose. I don’t need the poster to spell that out, and most other people here seem to be linguistically adept enough to have understood the meaning.

The process otherwise is similar to what I see when I drop my offspring off.

Chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

Graham wrote: »
    We reduce the spread of Coronavirus.

That's such a simplistic dismissive response that is really passive aggressive trolling. Would expect better from a moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So no proof that your tale of outrage happened anything like the way you made it out to be? Right so chief.........

:rolleyes:

If hopsital numbers keep steady or decline and once we have all those 65+ and vulnerable having got their first shot we must open up society.

I agree. Fintan seems to think that the vulnerable are already vaccinated. I do think that construction should be fully open, the 5km thing binned and click and collect for all retail currently.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

OwenM wrote: »
    That's such a simplistic dismissive response that is really passive aggressive trolling. Would expect better from a moderator.

I think some people are genuinely happier if the man on the telly is doing their thinking for them.

It wouldn't cross their minds to question anything.

If Dr Tony looks deep within his heart and thinks we should close construction, that's good enough for them. Why look for Cost-Benefits', science or logic as back-up to a decision that is costing millions every week.

Better to just tug the forelock and accept.

It’s not criminal. Which is part of the problem. The fragility of the legal protections over our freedoms has been laid bare during this pandemic. The government, upon declaring something a crisis by its own metrics, can suspend any and all rights and implement draconian and unprecedented “emergency” measures without even a nod to the future costs in economic, health and human terms that will be paid by the citizenry.

When this thing shakes out and the cost-benefit analysis is done, a savvy politician would do well to run on safeguarding rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sobit1964

Are you really requesting that people take video of other peoples children in school for your viewing pleasure - its a bit odd mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

I think some people are genuinely happier if the man on the telly is doing their thinking for them.

It wouldn't cross their minds to question anything.

If Dr Tony looks deep within his heart and thinks we should close construction, that's good enough for them. Why look for Cost-Benefits', science or logic as back-up to a decision that is costing millions every week.

Better to just tug the forelock and accept.

It's no wonder the British were running the place for 800 years or that nuns were allowed sell babies abroad.

Yeah
    https://screenrant.com/whatsapp-privacy-policy-deadline-date-data-changes-explained/

https://spacenews.com/spacex-marks-anniversary-of-first-launch-with-starlink-mission/

https://www.euronews.com/living/2021/03/23/can-a-huge-balloon-dropping-chalk-from-the-sky-help-slow-climate-change

Personally I think covid was an extremely small inconvenience compared with what's likely going to happen the global weather patterns in the summer as a consequence of this.

There is speculation that the tidal shift and resultant polar ice cap damage they cause will start another pandemic.

To sum up your links - the WhatsApp thing hasn't happened yet, Elon Musk isn't blocking out the stars and Bill Gates isn't blocking the sun, yeah?

The vulnerable are vaccinated
    A significant number of vulnerable are done

Which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

timmyntc wrote: »
    Construction is more important than schools being open.
    You can catch up on education, but you cant catch up on construction.

You do realize having schools open is only partly about education, right?

Also the thread flip flops all over the place, when the schools were closed it was all about the mental well being of kids, how they are all suffering and it will be a problem that will take a generation to reverse.

Now it's fúck that, construction is more important. The U-Turns are spectacular.

Of course the reality is that the majority of construction workers have been working since last May throughout the pandemic, including when schools were shuttered, a lot of them actually building or upgrading schools, ironically.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LameBeaver

Meanwhile we have 175,000 vaccines in Storeage
    https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1375037640169361412

And last Sunday we managed to give a 2nd Jab to a whopping 6 people

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1375054138740989956

But sure hopefully the General Public can pull up their socks and do a bit more.

And how many got their 1st vaccination then?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

OwenM wrote: »
    That's such a simplistic dismissive response

It was meant to be a simple response. Some genuinely appear to struggle to understand the point of restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

the kelt wrote: »
    We must have flattened more curves than slimfast at this stage!

That’s why the earth is now flat ;)

And how many got their 1st vaccination then?

The info is in the tweet. 2,843.

We are apparently holding back 175k doses to make sure we have enough for second doses but only administered 6 of those in a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Sobit1964

https://www.thejournal.ie/denmark-reopening-covid-5389008-Mar2021/

The Danish are going to reopen most things when everyone over 50 is vaccinated. Sensible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement