Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 County Cork Mayor’s award goes to a gun club

Options
  • 24-03-2021 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Councillor William O Leary post on facebook immediately below;

It was the greatest honour for me tonight to have nominated Rathcormac Game & Wildlife club who established the Corrin Nature reserve at tonight's Mayor and Community Awards and who subsequently received the award for the best Group nominee in North Cork

The annual Mayor’s Community Awards celebrate and acknowledge the volunteers and communities who work together across Cork County. Now in its 8th year, the 2021 awards were held virtually on March 24th. Mayor of the County of Cork Cllr. Mary Linehan Foley presented a total of eleven awards; three from each division of the county, South, North and West Cork with one overall community and voluntary group award and one overall individual award selected from these nine divisional award winners.

The nature reserve which opened in September 2019 is steadfast in its commitment to preservation of wildlife and biodiversity. I think everyone in Fermoy and the greater area has appreciated the existence of this facility during Covid 19. On a personal note it has deffently been a get away place for me to go to.

Below is the link to tonight's ceremony which was held virtually. If you go to minute 19 the North Cork nominations are been read[/I]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFn-I6PN3NY

Again huge congratulations to all involved in Rathcormac Game & Wildlife club on their achievement. https://rathcormacgameandwildlifeclub.ie/nature-reserve. End

Well done to fantastic ambassadors for our sport. They achieved this despite the Federation of Co Cork Gun Clubs (NARGC) denying them the benefit of a game crop payment of app 2000 euros, a big blow to any small club. That type of politics is one of the reasons why the shooting community is struggling.

Advertisement