Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL lying about delivery

Options
  • 25-03-2021 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Im looking for advice on my situation with DHL.

I sent documents international using registered post with DHL. The documents were being sent to a family member and they knew to expect the doc's.

A week later, the DHL tracker said it had been delivered to the specified address, however, I contacted the family member and they said they never received any DHL visit or post. They checked with neighbours and they didn't receive it.

I contacted DHL and after a chain email of me asking for the signature they got, they just sent a PDF with the same details of the tracker on the website, no signature, no mention of checking van GPS.

So, am i just screwed? No way to get refund?

I was hoping they would just admit fault and refund, but ive been left really pissed off by the whole thing since the docs were needed so i could marry my fiance. Because they lost the docs i had to postpone the wedding, getting extended visa's etc that put me €500+ out of pocket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭con747

A lot of couriers and an post just sign as delivered themselves due to covid. I have found parcels all around my house with numerous couriers deciding the best "hiding place" for them. I live in the middle of nowhere so if i'm out they do what they want. I would follow up and keep a record of all contact with DHL and pursue it as they do need to prove POD and supply a signature of who signed for it.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Krieg wrote: »
    Im looking for advice on my situation with DHL.

I sent documents international using registered post with DHL. The documents were being sent to a family member and they knew to expect the doc's.

A week later, the DHL tracker said it had been delivered to the specified address, however, I contacted the family member and they said they never received any DHL visit or post. They checked with neighbours and they didn't receive it.

I contacted DHL and after a chain email of me asking for the signature they got, they just sent a PDF with the same details of the tracker on the website, no signature, no mention of checking van GPS.

So, am i just screwed? No way to get refund?

I was hoping they would just admit fault and refund, but ive been left really pissed off by the whole thing since the docs were needed so i could marry my fiance. Because they lost the docs i had to postpone the wedding, getting extended visa's etc that put me €500+ out of pocket

Keep at them, as they haven't actually got a signature they can't prove delivery.

How much you can get out of them for incidental loss depends on the insurance cover in the contract though, you may only be able to get the delivery charges back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Vic_08 wrote: »
    How much you can get out of them for incidental loss depends on the insurance cover in the contract though, you may only be able to get the delivery charges back.

Even with insurance cover they are never going to pay for consequential losses such as you having to delay an event or the cost of re-issuing documents.

If you paid for DHL's "Extended Liability" for document shipping I believe they pay out a fixed lump sum no matter what the documents are i.e. it's the same payout whether it's a single uncertified piece of paper or 6 passports and 20 visa documents in the envelope.

Advertisement