Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bathroom floor - laying on top of tile rather than removing tile

• 25-03-2021 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭

Hey,

We have a lovely bathroom but the floor is white so is constantly dirty so very annoying.

Looking to, rather than rip up the floor completely how easy would it be to lay a floor on top of the current tile?

There is a gap already under the door so that shouldn't jam.

Something two could take on themselves with zero experience or better waiting to get it professionally fixed?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

It could be done by scouring the existing tiles with a grinder, but I would advise taking up the existing tiles. Most of the time it's relatively easy taking up ground tiles.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

aquinn wrote: »
    Hey,

We have a lovely bathroom but the floor is white so is constantly dirty so very annoying.

Looking to, rather than rip up the floor completely how easy would it be to lay a floor on top of the current tile?

There is a gap already under the door so that shouldn't jam.

Something two could take on themselves with zero experience or better waiting to get it professionally fixed?

Thanks very much.

By no means a professional, just a typical DYIer and I've an identical idea for my white tiles.

Gonna go with vinyl underlay and vinyl flooring. Tile grout lines aren't deep so should require very minimum filling for me. In terms of tools, all I'll be using is a Stanley knife and adhesive.

Advertisement