Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom House Quay

Options
  • 25-03-2021 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭

If I want to drive along the north quays Google maps/sat nav always directs me behind the Custom House and to come back out by Memorial Road/IFSC House to rejoin the quays. I can’t see any reason not to drive in front. Most cars also seem to tuck left and head around the back. Am I missing something here or driving in a bus/taxi zone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've had this happen too - its an error. It is occasionally closed for concerts / fairs and I suspect some nav operators have forgotten to remove a temporary closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is your satnav set up for a tall vehicle?

The bridge at the front of the Customs House is lower than the one at the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Victor wrote: »
    Is your satnav set up for a tall vehicle?

The bridge at the front of the Customs House is lower than the one at the rear.

Its happened for me in a Honda Civic! In-dash nav.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I know if you want to cross over Matt Talbot bridge coming from O'Connell bridge/Eden Quay you have to go behind Custom House as you can no longer turn right outside the Custom House but going straight towards Point Depot, you should be fine to stay on the quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

My experience with Google Maps is that it often has strange routing.
    This one is truly exceptional.

HLD6SW5UJqvbz5JN8

• Advertisement
Advertisement