Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRITON TX8500i: Red light on wall switch goes off when shower unit turn on.

• 25-03-2021 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Our shower unit TRITON TX8500i has a power switch on the wall outside the bathroom.

When the power switch is 'turned on' and the shower unit is in STOP mode, the red led light is lightening.

However, when the shower unit is switch on, the red led light flicks off.

Any suggestions for suitable electrician or plumber?

I'm based in Castletroy area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

I had the a similar problem a few weeks ago and I just replaced the switch .
    Works perfect now . It was under €10 an took around 15 minutes to replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Gary Owen wrote: »
    I had the a similar problem a few weeks ago and I just replaced the switch .
    Works perfect now . It was under €10 an took around 15 minutes to replace.

Thanks Gary.

I did that myself over a year ago when the isolation switch was burnt. Bought new one in that electrical shop in William Street.

However a few over in the Electrician forum said the neutral wire may be burnt or loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

YFlyer wrote: »
    Thanks Gary.

I did that myself over a year ago when the isolation switch was burnt. Bought new one in that electrical shop in William Street.

However a few over in the Electrician forum said the neutral wire may be burnt or loose.

Did you replace the damaged cable? The insulation can become charred brittle and break, causing the core to contact each other and trip the breaker if you are lucky alternatively it can lead to an electric fire.
    A shower is normally the largest load in the house, normally a burned out switch is caused due to a loose connection that can turn the copper core essentially in to a heating element (like a toaster). I have seen it in a few houses, @ one estate in
    castletroy there was an issue with a row of houses where the switches all burned out the cable had to be replaced it was all down to a loose connection.

tweek84 wrote: »
    Did you replace the damaged cable? The insulation can become charred brittle and break, causing the core to contact each other and trip the breaker if you are lucky alternatively it can lead to an electric fire.
    A shower is normally the largest load in the house, normally a burned out switch is caused due to a loose connection that can turn the copper core essentially in to a heating element (like a toaster). I have seen it in a few houses, @ one estate in
    castletroy there was an issue with a row of houses where the switches all burned out the cable had to be replaced it was all down to a loose connection.

Just change the isolation switch. Not even sure if neutral or other cables are damaged or not.

Hoping to have an electrician call today or tomorrow.

Update: a section of the isolation switch was burnt off. Replaced it with a new switch.

Working away now.

Thanks for all your help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement