Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biased Modding

• 25-03-2021 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi, I feel I have been the victim of biased and unfair modding. I put a post up that I took great care to NOT make about race / ethnicity and then the forum mod provoked me into replying to, to clarify that I wasn't talking about ethnicity.

I made it as clear as possible that I thought he didn't actually understand why I'd used the work I did (to wit: 'ilk') and that I don't care overall for 'woke' culture or whatever it is and that I was calling out the behaviour of criminal 'types' etc.

He then uses the fact that I quoted his post as an excuse to ban me. From my point of view I cannot see what the issue is.

I expressed an opinion that someone who disrespected a garda and who has a long criminal record getting a 1 month sentence is water off a ducks back, and a mod tries to make it about race. I didn't even realise he was a traveller until the mod brought this up - how would I, it isn't mentioned in the news piece!!

I then clarify my use of a word and that still isn't good enough!

Sorry, I also need to add that the mod has also put a reply to my message up in a public forum and then banned me so I have no ability to reply in kind in public. I'm extremely annoyed that it has been insinuated that I am in some way racist and have been given no ability to defend myself in forum. I will not rest until this is corrected as I take it extremely seriously.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello Deagol.

It looks like you are disputing the infraction so I’m moving this to our Dispute Resolution forum where you can expect a CMod to review.

Shield.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi, I'll look into this, bear with me.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Mod comment made when this thread was in Help Desk deleted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,033 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi I've looked into this and red card will be removed.
    There has been a history of anti-traveller sentiment on the forum so the mod was making sure this was not coming up again.
    Please give it a couple of days for an admin to do that.

If you're happy we can consider this closed.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Reversed the red card & marking as closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement